HDMI Out Mirroring on a 550D/600D?

Started by livestream_hacker, June 29, 2022, 11:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

livestream_hacker

Hello - well, I thought I had a breakthrough moment with a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver package I got from AliExpress and a cheap HDMI to USB capture card. The idea was to make a wireless workflow for my Canon DSLRs for live streaming events.

Basically, I am able to receive the Live View camera feed on my laptop via my software (OBS) wirelessly as I hoped - great - but I can't see what I am shooting as the Live View goes off on the camera itself when I send HDMI out to the transmitter - which disallows what I'm hoping to achieve as I can't shoot blind.

Is HDMI out screen mirroring totally impossible on anything but a 5Dmk3?  Is the only solution to do something like split HDMI and get an external small monitor to mount on the camera?  I realize this all sounds like a lot of work, but I really want to use the 550D and 600D bodies I have with my Takumar f1.4 50mm lenses - the bokeh and constant focus pulling just look amazing on a live stream.

theBilalFakhouri

Hello,

Yeah, unfortunately ML won't help you to enable mirroring (at least until now we don't know how to do it), mirroring would only work on 5D3 because it's supported by Canon firmware (not ML related).

Skinny

By the way, what HDMI transmitter are you using? And do you get 1080i output from your cameras with it, or it is only 480? (you can check it with force vga option)