MLVapp: Uncompressed CDNG import to Resolve unsqueezed wrong

Started by Nuclearpeace, June 21, 2022, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuclearpeace

Hey!
I've been trying to process my 5.7k footage in resolve, but got stuck a bit.
I do export Uncompressed CDNG from MLVApp, and then import it in Resolve, but the image is unsqueezed wrong as you see in the screenshot below.
https://prnt.sc/VY8DRzuUqoRc
I have tried a lot of combinations of settings, but the only way it kinda worked was 3840*1440 with stretching to the corners, which is weird (it worked with wrong ratio) but not proper, since native resolution should be 1920*2340 squeezed by 3 (5760*2340), if I get it right.

Can anyone help me with proper Resolve project settings to make it work? I have no ideas by this point

theBilalFakhouri

Hi,

I have never used "Stretch frame to all corners" option before (didn't try it), but you can set Timeline resolution to 5760x2340, then from "Edit" tab, drag and drop your clips to timeline if you didn't do it, highlight your clips which needs to be de-squeezed then go to "Video" and "Transform" option, unlock AR for "Zoom" and set X to 3.00:

Ex" border="0

masc

What a shame, Resolve still doesn't read all meta data contained in CDNG files. MLVApp writes the correct stretch metadata into the CDNG files and - as far as I know - all applications out there are able to read and to use it. Just Resolve does not do that.
So when using Resolve, it is up to you to stretch the footage correctly manually: Set zoom x factor = 3.0 or zoom y factor = 0.33 for all 1x3 clips in your project.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202