Post waiting to be approved

Started by reddeercity, June 26, 2022, 10:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

Not sure how this happen , but for some reason I'm on the list of approving post ! Not that I can't but people may be waiting for a approval & I may not see the email notification for a so time , though I do check the forum from time to time to checkup on the 5D2 issue if there're any. As much  as I would to put 100% effort here , I simple can't . I've gone back to building race car chassis ,
full time now and will be on the road at drag race tracks across Canada & the United States of America for the next 3-5years .
Thou I will be using Magic Lantern  for Vlogs & informational technical videos on how to build "Promod" race chassis and other related topic to drag racing on a new YouTube Channel. So keep a eye out for that , for the little time I will have available for Magic Lantern I would like to cleanup the crop_rec module code for the 50D & 5D2 ( I now know how to fix 1x3 on the 5D2 & it may also work for the 50D) . If I have time after that I have code for overclocking the CF card interface on d4 cams 50D & 5D2 only ! It may work on the 40D but not sure yet . Don't expect anything anytime soon maybe in a a few months or so . If it turn out that I couldn't do this in a timely matter 
I'll post all the code somewhere for other dev.

Sorry about all this but I've come to realize that the new cameras like R5 and others have all the features I need or what out of a camera without ML . Not say development of the new camera are not needed, but for my it good enough. 😊

yourboylloyd

Quote from: reddeercity on June 26, 2022, 10:30:46 AM

Sorry about all this but I've come to realize that the new cameras like R5 and others have all the features I need or what out of a camera without ML . Not say development of the new camera are not needed, but for my it good enough. 😊

I think that this same thing happened to me with my R6. It's easier to use than MLRAW so I gave up on learning how to crack it.  Overheating is easy to hack, I just wish there wasn't a 30min record limit though.
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

garry23

All of a sudden I'm getting notifications about post awaiting approve, ie " Summary of posts awaiting approval at Magic Lantern Forum"

I've never had this before.

Walter Schulz

Hmh. I suppose you have access to forum General Discussion -> "Moderators' Plaza", too.

Mod-Level spreading? Let's ask g3gg0 and audionut.'

EDIT: Done via discord

Walter Schulz

Ah! g3gg0 extended mod privileges to developers and - don't know if intentional or not - to contributors, too. Labeled "experiment" and done 3 days ago.

Ant123

Yes, it seems that to contributors, too.

theBilalFakhouri

I actually asked g3gg0 to give me the abilities to see pending posts beside approving them because:

-I am missing a lot of posts, sometime I don't notice it after months, that's because of:
-Mods are taking too long to approve new posts (mostly they are not very active nowadays)

Currently I am being online everyday and I can look into posts needs to be approved.
It seems g3gg0 gave these abilities to all Contributors/Developers.

I think it's a good idea that Contributors/Developers can see pending posts (unless I am missing something?), but approving ability can be dangerous, don't approve any new post/topic you see without some *little research, look out for spammers, use "Approve" option with caution. you can skip hitting "Approve" if you are not sure about the new post/topic.

*Some spammers might copy old messages from old posts. some of them might edit their first post later with something else.