Started by vastunghia, April 30, 2022, 09:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vastunghia

5D3 for video
70D for photo

mlrocks

Quote from: vastunghia on April 30, 2022, 09:39:25 AM
Just love ML  :-*

Really nice image quality, no less than Hollywood blockbuster.
The color grading is especially great. Did you use any LUTS or presets?
Great job.

vastunghia

Quote from: mlrocks on May 01, 2022, 10:36:19 PM
Really nice image quality, no less than Hollywood blockbuster.
The color grading is especially great. Did you use any LUTS or presets?
Great job.

Thank you, and actually thanks to all ML community.

No LUT applied, just plain vanilla gamma / contrast / shadows / highlights adjustments in DVR (in rare circumstances also needed to fine tune speculars, or fix pink / magenta Sun disc). I like to keep it simple, in particular where I'm just taking a few still life shots and not willing to convey particular dramatization.

I also used some slight Color boost as well, and I regret this choice as YT seems to have amplified color saturation to some extent — but will look into that in more detail as soon as I find some spare time.

Sergio

PS: the only indoor clip was shot in 100/800 Dual ISO, as one can infer from some slight aliasing here and there and an overall sense of slightly lower resolution. However I find captured DR to be absolutely impressive.
5D3 for video
70D for photo

LoO93

Gosh, curb your saturation a bit. This looks like a Samsung TV promo video where the grading and clarity is just completely over the top...

But I do the see the love for ML and the editing is pretty consistent with a good music choice, so keep on doing!

vastunghia

Ahahah yes you are definitively right, I got carried away a bit during grading maybe? ;)

Though I must say it makes a huge different when I watch it on my Samsung TV with or without the 'Filmmaker mode' enabled. I graded it using this mode btw.

Could those ~10 points of Color Boost in DVR be the only culprit? Or am I making some more subtle mistake while grading?

Will try a definitively softer approach while grading the next clip.

Appreciate your feedback!
5D3 for video
70D for photo