L: ext (external) and R: int (internal)

Started by xcreativ, September 10, 2012, 01:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcreativ

Is it possible to make a setting "Audio" in the section "Input Source", reversed L: int R: ext, so that a record was with L: ext (external) and R: int (internal)? Is it possible to implement a new version of the firmware? If not why? The fact that I have an external microphone, which provides mono sound on the right to the left channel.
Cameras:Canon 6D, Canon EOS 550D.
Lens: Sigma AF 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Sigma AF 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM, CANON EF 50 f/1.8 II, CANON EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS.
Sound: ZOOM H1, Prof Shotgun Uni-Directional Condenser Mic EM-320E.

miyake

I'm 600D audio developing now.
Maybe I can do this request (I'm not checked another cameras, Because chip-set is different).

BTW, You can do this request on post processing.  Why you need to this on camera?

a1ex

On AK4646 cameras it's not possible, it's a hardware limitation.

xcreativ

Quote from: miyake on September 10, 2012, 08:04:21 AM
I'm 600D audio developing now.
Maybe I can do this request (I'm not checked another cameras, Because chip-set is different).

BTW, You can do this request on post processing.  Why you need to this on camera?

This type of audio recording is very useful when you need a "duplicate record" audio. Along with the external and internal microphone. I am very grateful to the developers for this feature. At the post-production sound can not pull out of the channel, which is written empty. I mean, the cases need to hedge, using the internal microphone of the camera, suddenly the battery from an external microphone or sit wire will act up. If at this point it records via the function of the external microphone, no post-production does not help, just the sound will not be recorded.
Cameras:Canon 6D, Canon EOS 550D.
Lens: Sigma AF 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Sigma AF 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM, CANON EF 50 f/1.8 II, CANON EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS.
Sound: ZOOM H1, Prof Shotgun Uni-Directional Condenser Mic EM-320E.

ZeroUnityGain

Quote from: xcreativ on September 10, 2012, 01:40:46 AM
Is it possible to make a setting "Audio" in the section "Input Source", reversed L: int R: ext, so that a record was with L: ext (external) and R: int (internal)? Is it possible to implement a new version of the firmware? If not why? The fact that I have an external microphone, which provides mono sound on the right to the left channel.

Cameras always provide a stereo input for the microphone, but, of course the majority of mics are mono.  But most mono mics that terminate into a 3.5mm jack simply wire the hot (signal) to both tip and ring (instead of left and right stereo).  You can easily rewire your 3.5mm jack to the tip and ring (sleeve is ground).  I'm guessing (because I haven't tried it) that ML simply takes only one side of the ext input in EXT/INT mode and dedicates the other side to the internal mic.  If it doesn't (which I doubt) you can simply switch your hot pin on your 3.5mm plug.

miyake

vaguely remember that all cameras LintRext is combine both external mic's LR to R input except 600D.
On 600D, ext mic R to R input.(hardware limitation)

1%

What about L to L external. R to internal? R could be broken or not exist.