Shot Review looks like hessian, for dark shots

Started by OldNick, April 15, 2022, 01:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldNick

I have Canon 7D firmware v 2.0.3 (found by removing the card) and ML ver.2.0.3-ml-Nightly.2 (by using the Canon 7D menu with card in)

My problem is that if I take a very dark/ black shot, the LCD is filled with what looks like a flash shot of a sheet of hessian with a 0% in the centre (how do I post a photo of it?).
  - It does not re-occur during Play on the camera  or on the actual picture displayed on my PC. 
  - Starting the camera with the "Set" button held down disables ML and prevents the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Nick

OldNick

It's been 8 days and no approval? If it's "duplicated" can I assume it will _never_ be approved? And why is this "duplicated" and how on earth was I supposed to check for that?

names_are_hard

This is a very low volume forum, so things are slow.  Try not to worry about it.  You only need to get approved once.

People will see your post now (my comment will bump it to the top).

Common ways to demonstrate the problem you're having:
- ML Debug -> Take Screenshot function
- Capture via HDMI out (needs a capture card, of course, which you may not have)
- Video the screen with another cam / phone

kitor

This is fine. You see Spotmeter and zebras overlays.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

OldNick

Thanks for the replies.  Sorry for my late response. I was waiting for an email notification, but checking every few days.

I did use my phone to snap the screen, and thought I had used the shot, but I probably mucked it up somehow :(. Or was it that it's considered inappropriate to post an actual photo? I have reactivated google photos.

I will also look into Spotmeter /Zebra Stripes.

Nick