Cinematic time-lapse

Started by ML700D, March 23, 2022, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ML700D

using ML feature FPS overrides
workflow mlv app + premiere pro

EOS 700D

Skinny

yeah I used to film timelapses with fps override too :) It's just so easy. I think 1..2 FPS is ideal... try using shutter speeds as long as possible, 360 degree wold give the most beautiful movement. well, at least I think so, 180 degree rule doesn't really work here.
But 360 requires long exposures (1s on 1fps) so for day - ND filter is necessary.. I mostly did evening/night timelapses with auto iso, because of that.

ML700D

yes you're right, I failed to record using 1 fps on the bright scene and I got error, the fps overrides always changing back and forward from 1 to 25 fps I don't know why.. the live view is so lag too.

nice tips and trick.. thanks.
EOS 700D

Skinny

Quote from: ML700D on March 23, 2022, 04:18:09 PM
yes you're right, I failed to record using 1 fps on the bright scene and I got error, the fps overrides always changing back and forward from 1 to 25 fps I don't know why.. the live view is so lag too.
the liveview and all stuff will work with 1fps too :o :D :D so it's better to set everything before turning the fps override on.

have you tried the original nightly build for your cam? maybe it will lack some functions and SD card overclocking, but for such low speed recording it is not necessary anyway. which makes it possible to shoot timelapses with cameras that have even the slowest SD controller.

ML700D

Quote from: Skinny on March 23, 2022, 05:17:52 PM
the liveview and all stuff will work with 1fps too :o :D :D so it's better to set everything before turning the fps override on.
ok. noted

Quote from: Skinny on March 23, 2022, 05:17:52 PM
have you tried the original nightly build for your cam? maybe it will lack some functions and SD card overclocking, but for such low speed recording it is not necessary anyway. which makes it possible to shoot timelapses with cameras that have even the slowest SD controller.

never tried.. but I will try to experiment later
EOS 700D