550D and v2.3 works too slow!

Started by qsara, September 09, 2012, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qsara

I've been using magic lantern for the first day, but the last version works really slow, like dead slow.

old version takes 4-5 frames at silent photo burst mode at a second, but new 2.3 takes 2 photos at 3 seconds, I have videos of them but couldn't find any time to upload them to youtube.

are you experiencing this kind a problem? or what its cause?

a1ex

You sound as if burst silent picture was the main feature of ML.

It's because ML now pauses LiveView to get a picture without horizontal cuts.

You have FPS override btw ;)

qsara

I'm now uploading videos to youtube, you'll see..

qsara

Quote from: a1ex on September 09, 2012, 12:38:40 PM
You sound as if burst silent picture was the main feature of ML.

It's because ML now pauses LiveView to get a picture without horizontal cuts.

You have FPS override btw ;)

ok, its not the main feature, but I'm having really big trouble on videos too. even I record at bitrate 1.0x recording randomly stops, I'm using Sandisk Extreme 45mb/s and Sandisk Extreme 30mb/s cards, and Toshiba Class 10 cards and experiencing lots and lots of trouble on v2.3

a1ex

http://freshmeat.net/articles/how-to-report-bugs-effectively

and make sure it's not user error, there are a few others who enabled things like sticky buttons and fps override and then wondering why buttons don't work well or why LiveView is so slow.

qsara

Quote from: a1ex on September 09, 2012, 12:55:26 PM
http://freshmeat.net/articles/how-to-report-bugs-effectively

and make sure it's not user error, there are a few others who enabled things like sticky buttons and fps override and then wondering why buttons don't work well or why LiveView is so slow.

ok Alex, I know what you are trying to do, I'm using ML and CHDK since first day, and I know what I'm doing. its a software bug, and you know it. here are the videos, watch them.

a1ex

Watched, answered, I can't see any bug.

qsara

Quote from: a1ex on September 09, 2012, 01:00:43 PM
Watched, answered, I can't see any bug.

they are freshly uploaded firmwares and acting like this. tried many cards and formatted them every time, and its not a bug. ok, maybe its a joke, eventually, silent burst or HDR videos not the main features of Magic Lantern. fyi, this is sarcasm.

a1ex

You have used a general title ("550D and v2.3 works too slow!"), and said some things like "the last version works really slow, like dead slow". All I can see in your video is that burst frame rate for silent pictures is a little slower than before. It's normal and I've explained you why.

Menus are instant, focus peaking is twice as fast, zebras are real time, cropmarks are 10x as fast, so what's the problem?!

qsara

Quote from: a1ex on September 09, 2012, 01:24:10 PM
You have used a general title ("550D and v2.3 works too slow!"), and said some things like "the last version works really slow, like dead slow". All I can see in your video is that burst frame rate for silent pictures is a little slower than before. It's normal and I've explained you why.

Menus are instant, focus peaking is twice as fast, zebras are real time, cropmarks are 10x as fast, so what's the problem?!

why one feature working fine on older version, and not working on the last version, thats my question. and it may not be the real feature of magic lantern but I'm using it.

ok, don't bother answering it. I'm using v.0.2.2, I'm happy, my camera happy.

a1ex

It works fine, with better image quality, that's why it's slower. See above.

qsara

a1ex

That's a feature so you don't get a headache ;)

(it hides the flicker)

qsara

Quote from: a1ex on September 09, 2012, 01:55:09 PM
That's a feature so you don't get a headache ;)

(it hides the flicker)

oh, I see, v.2.3 is the chuck norris of magic lantern's. thanks.

nanomad

Added benefits:
- It helps you judge if the two exposures are right or not WHILE shooting the video.
- It doesn't cause seizures to people suffering of photosensitive epilepsy

So, ML 2.3 is actually good for your health  ;)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5