Hardware HDMI scaler to get 16:9 from 5Dmk2 HDMI by overscanning or scaling up?

Started by eyeland, May 23, 2021, 09:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeland

My apologies if this has been answered already.
I am building a small streaming studio using a Black Magic ATEM Mini Extreme ISO as a video mixer. This allows me to stream directly from the device and furthermore to setup a super user-friendly multi-camera zoom-call. (The ATEM mini can work "like a webcam", sending the live-edited multi-camera stream straight to zoom without the need for additional software.

Previously, I was using a software solution, allowing me to scale up the HDMI feed from a 5D mk2 by aprox. 120% in order to turn the 3:2 output to 16:9 (getting rid of the black bars)
As this is not an option when using the ATEM Mini setup, I was wondering if anyone knows of an affordable hardware solution to scale/resize/overscan that can achieve a similar result?
I think there is a chance that it could be done with a "Decimator MD-HX HDMI and SDI Cross Converter with Scaling & Frame Rate Conversion", but I am unable to confirm if it will work (and ideally, I would love to find a cheaper solution as I need to get 2 or 3 of them) :) Thanks
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

eyeland

Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...