Canon 700d HDMI out Issue

Started by mcfake, February 01, 2022, 11:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcfake

Hi , im getting a very odd setup when i try to use the HDMI out with a camlink and i cant figure out why- I've tried resetting all modes of the camera and a factory reset. Lastest version of ML

Camera 700D
ZasLuke Camlink HDMI

When using the EOS USB app , the screen is fine.

Image here  https://postimg.cc/d7NnWLcb

Anyone got anyideas?

mcfake

it works fine when plugged into a normal TV/Monitor

Walter Schulz

If it works with a different HDMI device ...
Doesn't look like ML issue.

mcfake

probably not a ML issue -either the camera or the camlink . but has anyone else seen or had this issue>?

names_are_hard

You're unlikely to find someone with the same combination of camera and capture card.

Does it matter if anyone else has seen it?  The problem seems to be the capture card.  I'd recommend trying another one.

IDA_ML

I have tested the HDMI output of the 700D with a no-name capture card connected to the USB port of my laptop.  It works just fine but the output is very low resolution and it looks horible.  I get a much better result using the EOS Webcam Utility with Zoom or OBS.  In my opinion, only the 5D3 with firmware 1.2.3 provides an HDMI output with reasonable resolution and quality but it has a greenish cast which is hard to correct in OBS.  EOS Webcam Utility provides much more naturally looking colors.

Mcfake,

You are saying that it works fine with a TV/Monitor.  What about the resolution, video quality and colors in that case?  Are you able to get something close to FHD out of your 700D's HDMI output and if yes, in what video shooting modes?

If anyone else has any experience with the quality of the 700D's HDMI output, I should greatly appreciate some feedback on that.