7D - Help files not found

Started by jhex6, February 06, 2015, 12:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhex6

Hi all, I just tried installing the most recent build of ML on my 7D.

All's good apart from it has no help files. Whenever I press info on a feature it says "Help files not found. Make sure all ML fles are installed on your card." Is this normal?

I installed using the correct steps, so I went back to an earlier build (24/11/14) and I got the same problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks

walter_schulz

Top of page -> Downloads
"What are the disadvantages of nightly builds?"
Second item:

"- No documentation - the only help for new features is a small line of text, and ML source code."

jhex6

realcoolchris

canon 5d III

I assumed lack of documentation referred to the new changes onmy

So where can the help files be loaded from?

Chris

Walter Schulz

"- No documentation - the only help for new features is a small line of text, and ML source code."

Stavros

But where are we supposed to download the stable firmware from? All the site has available for download is the nightlies, and there's no install guide on the download page at all either. The usability of the main site is a bit of a trainwreck.

Walter Schulz

Copied from download page:

=====
Installation

Format the card from the camera.
    Make sure you are running Canon firmware 2.0.3. (not latest!)
    Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.
=====

Yuppa

Quote from: Stavros who Just arrived and has exactly ONE post Re: 7D - Help files not found Reply #5 on: Today at 06:33:06 PMThe usability of the main site is a bit of a trainwreck.

You do realize that THOUSANDS have preceded you with nary an issue...hmm?
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Yuppa on June 01, 2015, 06:51:34 PM
You do realize that THOUSANDS have preceded you with nary an issue...hmm?

Can you please stop that?
You're not helping at all.

And - sorry to say - he is right. We have tons of work to do regarding documentation, tutorials and streamlining contents. IMO.

Yuppa

2873 posts and YOU tell ME we have a documentation problem?  How about you post less and work on that, then?

When somebody's FIRST post is critical of ML, I get a bit testy.

And this entire thread wouldn't even be necessary if people read the forum!  You did JUST copy and paste the answers, right?
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

Walter Schulz

Your attitude is disappointing at best. Please get a life.

stormy1777

Not sure why folks spend time insulting one another, instead of just saying:

1) In nightly builds the docs are not included (probably due to size requirements)

2) If you really insist on getting docs, then go for latest stable build, extract the 'docs' directory into the SD card (with the nightly build), then error will go away and you'll get the (older) docs visible :)  docs can be 10MB or so :)

big_John

Where are the docs directory in the extracted nightly build?  Thanks

Intenditore

Sorry to wake up an old thread, but the same question still arises. Where do we get stable releases? I can ONLY find nighty, and those are at least 2.3 NEXT, not a stable ones. Is this on purpose of some kind?  :-\

Ottoga

@Walter - Perhaps it's time to lock the thread.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.