MLV converter for Apple silicon

Started by sc, December 03, 2021, 04:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sc

Hi there! I've been a big fan of ML for years, but this is my first time posting here.

I recently got a new Apple MacBook with an M1 processor, and am interested in setting up a fresh Magic Lantern pipeline on it from scratch. Historically I've done my MLV conversion via command line, using precompiled tools that I've sort of cobbled and coerced into working. I think what I'd like to do this time around, however, is to compile a convertor myself, so that as this laptop ages I can recompile/update things as needed.

I'm curious, however, what the latest and greatest code/utility for this is? I don't need anything particularly heavyweight or full-featured – I simply want to extract the DNG frames from an MLV file (I use downstream utilities for converting these into other formats). I strongly prefer a command-line interface as opposed to a GUI.

I'm curious what advice the form might offer in terms of github repos or other that I should check out. Quite a few threads I see about this problem date back many years, so I'm curious what's considered "current".

Thank you so much!