Farewell 5D3

Started by garry23, November 06, 2021, 10:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

After much personal debate, I've made the decision to trade in my 5D3 and jump into the EOS R world, initially with a secondhand R.

This was not an easy decision, as I loved my 5D3, and I had great fun writing Lua scripts for it, culminating in DOFIS, for focus, and MUSIC, for use case bracketing.

I'm keeping my EOSMs, so I'll continue to tweak DOFIS and MUSIC on my visible, full spectrum and IR Ms.

BTW if anyone wishes to PM me (U.K. based), I have a 5D3 cage in great condition, an unused Canon battery grip and an L bracket for the grip, that I will sell at a sensible price to a good home.

A sad day in one way, but I'm hopeful we may see ML on the R one day.

names_are_hard

5D3 is a great cam, and you got a lot of use out of it, do not be sad!  R has a good, active dev, so you made a good choice on the replacement.

allemyr

I dont know how much you get for them now. I really like the design of 5D3 and think its almost built like a tank.
Have thinking of BMD Cinema cameras for 4 years but havent bought any. 5D3 is still the best camera I have.
And its so personal I will atleast always keep it for photos, but its the sentimental value since I had it for 8 years.