5D3 music video 4k remastered

Started by 70MM13, October 30, 2021, 12:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70MM13

shot in 14 bit 23.976 fps 3840x1536 using card spanning and overclock.  the candles are the only light source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIPtOkM5HaI

EoHS

Hello there ...
Beautiful song, congratulations  :) Nice channel on YT.
Can You tell in which build you managed to set the resolution 3840x1536 ?
You used some preset?
Thank you in advance for your answer.

70MM13

thank you!
i use the uhd 1:1 preset and then just set the resolution to 3840*1536 in the submenu.

card spanning and overclock is required.  i have a sandisk 170mb/s card that i overclock to 160mhz.

it's important to disable global draw, and your first recording of the session will only go for a few seconds and then stop.  after that, long recordings are possible.  if you don't clip too much, continuous is possible until you run out of space!

IDA_ML

Another very nice song!  For the first time I like the candle flairs.  Did you have a filter on or it is the lens that produces them?

70MM13

no effects of any kind were used.  it's just from the lens.
the only post processing i did at all was adding the golden colour to the flares.  somehow, white just didn't work for me!
it's hard to believe it's been 2 years since i shot that video.  i should shoot something new with only candlelight to see how much better it looks today with the progress we have made with gain optimisation...