Can someone donate a 100D for implementation of the latest ML developments?

Started by IDA_ML, September 25, 2021, 08:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

Please use PM and contact theBilalFakhouri for any details directly.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Jonneh

+1 on the donor list (added to the survey). I hadn't seen the posts about the impossibility of PayPal. Crypto would be fine too.

Option 2: I have a 100D that I'd be happy to lend for an extended time (say, 8 months), but the camera has been around the world with me, and I'd be keen to have it back one day (pure sentimentality). Depending on shipping and customs costs and timescales, this may be inviable. Depending on the expected costs, I'd be happy to pay outward and return shipping. Let me know, Bilal, if this sounds feasible.
5D3 / 100D

theBilalFakhouri

Current donations from survey are total of 135 USD from six people, plus mine it's 165 USD.

@Jonneh
Where are you located ?

Unfortunately shipping to my country is complex, shipping directly from US/China to my country is banned (in this case we need to ship the item to another country then to my country, quite expensive from US, it's okay for China), shipping from EU starts with 70 USD up to 150 USD (might be higher), the price depending on which European country you are shipping from.

I don't have a problem with lending, but shipping is the main problem here, I don't know what other surprises I may face because I never tried shipping from EU/US, but my friends who tried told me it's complex and doesn't worth the trouble.

Collecting a small amount from each donor sounds like a better idea. I will make another try to run a PayPal account. If someone (from users/ML team) can run a PayPal account for this purpose, PM me.

Currently, cryptocurrency donations are accepted (PM me).

Jonneh

Donation sent as USDT, Bilal, which made the most sense. Here's hoping a suitable camera appears on the market soon and that you have the donations in hand when it does.
5D3 / 100D

theBilalFakhouri

-Update: 80 USDT raised from two people Edit: we are 102% from our goal!, 349 USDT raised --> Goal reached!
+an equivalent to 50 USDT has been offered from EU, can someone help by receiving it and convert it to USDT? let me know please.

-Goal: ~343 USDT.
-Cryptocurrency donations are accepted (PM me).
-PayPal are accepted too.

I am definitely doing some marketing here :P

-Reminder: what you will get from this?

Check ZEEK's YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZeekEOSZ/videos

Check masc's YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaScVideo/videos

Exactly, take a look into EOS M videos and RAW video modes on EOS M:

EOS M, 700D and 100D share the same sensor (they produce same image quality). Currently EOS M and 700D have equivalent RAW video modes and considered as best choices in RAW video capabilities as entry level models which support ML, I am seeking to put 100D in the same field, and maintain it as long as I maintain my 700D.

-I am glad that I have created RAW video presets which considered very useful (and golden 8)) by many EOS M and 700D users. which are "4.5K/4.3K/4K/UHD 1x3" with real-time correct preview modes on 700D, the equivalent of "5K anamorphic frtp" modes on EOS M. 100D lacks these presets, I am seeking to bring them to 100D if you are interested.

Check my thread for 650D/700D and take a look about what I am trying to port to 100D:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25784.0

-Indeed there is high chance of success for porting these presets and my build in general to 100D.
-There is no 100% guarantee for success, but there is a really high percentage for it (x5 Expanded preview already proved to work on 100D).

-Why I am doing this?
For fun, learning and maintaining ML project/old models at least a little :) . No I am not planning to do anything else with 100D except for doing ML things, I prefer my articulated LCD screen on my 700D beside I already have access to 250D which has the awesome Dual Pixel eye autofocus.

My offer to help a contributor who have 100D to port my build to 100D is still open, if a contributor managed to port my build to 100D before achieving total USDT goal, I will send you back your USDT donation.

Skinny

why don't you put this info in your signature, so more people could see? I mean like link to this post and a brief description

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Skinny on April 26, 2022, 08:00:44 PM
why don't you put this info in your signature, so more people could see? I mean like link to this post and a brief description

Good idea, done. I hope I won't be banned by doing this :P

cfilipweb

Great news you gave as hope!!!  go forward brother our support is guarantee.

theBilalFakhouri

-Update: 160 190 251 275 325 349 USDT raised from three four six seven eight nine people.
-We are 102% of the goal. --> Goal reached.

+there is in an equivalent to 50 USDT offered, we need help from someone familiar with Crypto and located in EU, please contact me if someone can help.

-All Cryptocurrencies are accepted (PM me).

I might be able to receive PayPal too, contact me on reddit or Discord (thebilalfakhouri#1803) for PayPal.

-What it's all about:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26250.msg238692#msg238692

theBilalFakhouri

-Update: 190 251 275 325 349 USDT raised from four six seven eight nine people.
We are 102% of the goal! --> Goal reached.

PayPal are accepted too!
Please contact me on reddit or Discord (thebilalfakhouri#1803), or Facebook or Twitter for PayPal details. and don't forget to hit like and subscribe button :P

-What it's all about x2:

ilia3101

Let's do this everyone!

@theBilalFakhouri is able to take paypal now ;) Just contact him on Reddit/Discord/Twitter.

2blackbar

Hey thats great, i dont own 100D but i will dontate cause of what you did for M that i do own

2blackbar

kitor

I believe the issue is with the country Bilal lives in and thus shipping + import taxes are this another $100+
If I ordered that specific offer into my country I would pay extra $70 in shipping and $50+ in taxes.

Most of developers are IIRC located in eurasia, thus US prices are not a good benchmark...
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

Walter Schulz

Not going into details: Bilal has serious reasons to do it the way he proposed.

Buying a cam elsewhere was considered and the idea was dropped.

cfilipweb

I was lucky to get one 100d body from germany ebay at 150 euros.
Germans are serious sellers and products are guarantee for quality.
check this https://www.ebay.com/itm/165388921213?epid=154041243&hash=item2681f2a97d:g:54kAAOSwggdiM0rI

theBilalFakhouri

-Update: 251 275 325 349 USDT raised from six seven eight nine people.
We are 102% of the goal! --> Goal reached.

Many thanks to ilia3101 for handling PayPal donations, we might reach the goal very soon.

Also, I will list all contributors when we reach the goal.

-What it's all about x3:

theBilalFakhouri

-Update: 275 325 349 USDT raised from seven eight nine people.
We are 102% of the goal! --> Goal reached!

-What it's all about x4:

theBilalFakhouri

-Update: 325 349 USDT raised from eight nine people.
We are ~102% of the goal! --> Goal reached.

-PayPal is accepted too.

-I already found an available 100D offer for 325 USD, the remaining 18 USD are for exchange fees and shipping cost (the offer is from another city),
I will post these in details when we reach the goal. I might need a little more than 343 (I might be able to handle that, will let you know).

-Who will take the honor for closing the goal? :)

-What it's all about x5:

theBilalFakhouri

-Update: 349 USDT raised from nine people.
We are ~102% of the goal! --> Goal reached.

-Thanks for Contributors (who donated):

-Jonneh
-theBilalFakhouri
-kayman1021
-ilia3101
-2blackbar
-cfilipweb
-fruitloop
-iliush
-borch_is_god

-100D deals which I found:

1- Used 100D + 18-55 + Battery + Battery charger (?K Shutter): 325 USD = 1,300,000 S.P (easiest to get, most trusted) from, this post (Edit: unfortunately it was sold yesterday)
2- Used 100D + 18-55 + Battery + Battery charger (2K Shutter): 325 USD = 1,300,000 S.P (found it yesterday, I have to travel to get it) (random guy)
3- Used 100D + 18-55 + Battery + Battery charger (9K Shutter): 300 USD = 1,200,000 S.P (found it yesterday, I have to travel to get it) (random guy) (Edit: contacted this guy, I might travel to him tomorrow, photos provided by the seller: 1 2 3 4 5 6)

-Fees:
1- USDT withdrawal fees:
- I had first 80 USDT on Binance platform, USDT via TRC20 withdrawal fee is 1 USDT per transaction
- Other 245 USDT are on Bitbns platform, USDT via TRC20 withdrawal fee is 2 USDT per transaction

2- USDT to local currency:
    1 USDT = 4000 S.P (at the time of writing)
     Exchange fee is 2% from Satoshiat (the platform which I use for USDT to Local currency conversion)
     It's very difficult, almost impossible to find a buyer who pay 4000 S.P for each 1 USDT, I must drop the price a little:

First 80 USDT + 4 USDT (added them on my own) = 84 - 1 USDT from Binance - 1 USDT from "Satoshiat" = 82 USDT which sold at 3850 = 316,000 S.P = 79 USDT after total conversion (total fees are 5 USDT)
     Other 245 USDT + Bitbns fee = 243 - %2 fee (5 USDT) = 238 USDT which sold at 3900 S.P = 928,000 S.P = 232 USDT after total conversion (total fees are 13 USDT)

Remaining USDT = 311 USDT = 1,244,000 S.P

Transaction hashes on Blockchain:
    For 80 USDT: hash , (I added 4 USDT, and Binance took 1 USDT = 83 USDT)
    For 245 USDT: hash , (Bitbns took 2 USDT, it's 243 USDT)

-I converted above USDT around one day ago.

Thanks to last donor, now there is ~24 USDT on Bitbns, Satoshiat takes fixed 1 USDT fee for any USDT amount which is under 50 USDT, I am expected 24 USDT after conversion would be 20 USDT = 80,000 S.P

Total USDT after conversion to local currency would be 331 USDT = 1,324,000 S.P which is very close to average 100D price here.

theBilalFakhouri

Update: Got the 100D:

GJ2-B2401-c" border="0

I bought this offer:
Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on June 01, 2022, 12:36:24 AM
3- Used 100D + 18-55 + Battery + Battery charger (9K Shutter): 300 USD = 1,200,000 S.P (found it yesterday, I have to travel to get it) (random guy) (Edit: contacted this guy, I might travel to him tomorrow, photos provided by the seller: 1 2 3 4 5 6)

That offer was based in Latakia, it's two hours and half from my city, so I had to travel there and check the camera if it's okay before buying it, and it was fine.

Unfortunately I couldn't go back to my city today (transportation sucks), I was able to go to a friend house in Al-Qadmus, view from the house (shot on the 100D):

IMG-2403" border="0

-WTF Bilal? just start working on the 100D!! :P
-Ah, yeah, I will . . currently I am away from PC and I have limited time in the coming ten days, just one reminder:

-ML is being developed in spare time.

But anyway I might be able to get home by tomorrow and start playing with the 100D, as I said I might stop around ten days (for exams), will let you know for sure.
Will post the remaining USDT balance soon (will share traveling cost details too), I might buy an AC adapter or another battery for 100D with the remaining balance.

names_are_hard

heder

Congrats, and also nice to see that the ML community was willing to spend the money on this.
... some text here ..

ilia3101

Congratulations!!!

You told me that you have "enough cameras" now... but I'd like to let you know: one can never have enough cameras ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) (especially you, and if the camera can run magic lantern ;) ;) ;) ;) ;))