Canon T3i DSLR camera problem with magnifier

Started by FredOz, September 04, 2021, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredOz

The last couple days, when I try to magnify the Live View image for focusing on a bright star or Jupiter the display shows noise & hot pixels but no image.  Last Fri, I shoot 602 images of Sagittarius, the magnifier worked and helped with focus but the last couple days it has malfunctioned.

Last Fri., I set ML to take 150 frames and then stop so I could realign the camera & check focus.  Then I shot another 150, etc. and ML and the magnifier worked perfectly.  I also appreciate that ML confirmed the eBay sellers claim of the number of shutter actuations, a handy feature.

This 10 YO camera is new to me.  I may have inadvertently set something in the Menu or in Magic Lantern.  I'm using a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens, typically at f/2.2.

I do not know if the problem is in a ML setting but I'm asking here in case it is.

Help appreciated.

One more problem -- the verification question for the source code would not accept my entries, including the whole code and various abbreviations.  I see that question again here.
At least I can answer the Twitter question.  You should fix the source code question.

Walter Schulz

Backup ML\Settings
Prefs tab/screen -> Config files/options -> Restore ML defaults

FredOz

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it but no help.  But again, I'm only guessing that ML is the source of the magnifier malfunction.

I've been reluctant to reset the camera settings but maybe I should try that next.
I see the troublesome verification question again:
"Where is our source code hosted? (h......d):"
All the answers I've tried for that do not work.
Maybe it's hg clone -u unified
If so, that is very non obvious.
Now I'm trying hg clone -u unified https://foss.heptapod