New plugin to import & decode .MLV RAW Into Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects

Started by tit_toinou, September 01, 2021, 08:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tit_toinou

Hi everyone !

I would like to introduce to you a new plugin project to import, decode and grade Magic Lantern Video .MLV RAW video files directly inside Adobe CC Video applications (Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder). This project is a work in progress, it is called Influx for Adobe CC.

You can find more information about it here https://www.autokroma.com/Influx and install the free trial (for now it's a free BETA) from here https://www.autokroma.com/Influx/Download

It does not import properly MLV files for now (in August 2021 as this post is written) but support for it is planned in the future. To help us bring MLV support into Influx for Adobe CC we need your help by sending us test files in this topic https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26129.0

For now MLV support is not official so it is going to be enabled for free in all our releases until our support for Magic Lantern Video becomes official. Each release we make with free  BETA test of MLV support will allow for decoding MLV for 6 months after the date of the release. Date after which you'll need to update Influx for Adobe CC, either with a new update pushing the new date by 6 months or it will support MLV and you will need a license.

We will offer free licenses for Influx (for MLV and all others codecs) for those who help us find bugs and fix issues in Influx for Adobe CC. Influx is able to decode others codecs directly inside Adobe CC without re encoding. We are aware that MediaReactor in some conditions can also help you import .MLV files into Premiere Pro, but we still think Influx for Adobe CC could be useful for some of us shooting MLV with their Canon / Magic Lantern setup and editing with Adobe CC. I personally dislike to have to convert the MLV files for import into After Effects.

What I just said also applies to CinemaDNG .DNG files (all .DNG files and those produced by Blackmagic Design) : it is in BETA for now, for 6 months after each release, we need more file samples and tests, it will be officially supported only later after your help.

For now, no Source Settings for CinemaDNG and MLV are planned, it will only import the raw footage as is inside Premiere and After without any color grading. Although if demand for it is strong it could be a possibility for later (a Source Settings just like our other plugin BRAW Studio Blackmagic RAW import for Adobe CC Premiere Pro and After Effects).

So, if you're interested, if you have request, ideas for features, files samples for us to test, workfow linked to Adobe to tell us about, we're here to listen and discuss ! Thanks
5DIII

Merlin ミーアキャット

tit_toinou

5DIII

Merlin ミーアキャット

Okay, can I send you a PM in only Full HD? Are there any settings that are especially required

tit_toinou

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of responses I don't have automatic emails notifications.

We didn't get enough people interested as of now so we put a pause on that feature while we work on others features

Regards
5DIII

tit_toinou

Quote from: Merlin ミーアキャット on September 04, 2021, 05:35:18 PM
Okay, can I send you a PM in only Full HD? Are there any settings that are especially required
We need to test all different settings !
5DIII

Headless_Monkey

Quote from: tit_toinou on February 25, 2023, 05:18:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of responses I don't have automatic emails notifications.

We didn't get enough people interested as of now so we put a pause on that feature while we work on others features

Regards

Please pardon my small, smooth brain. Influx does or does not import MLV files into Premiere Pro 2023? I installed the download, including updating my vc, and can find evidence it is installed in Premiere.

Full disclosure: I am a DaVinci user and Influx could be right under my nose or have changed some functionality and I _could_ miss it, but importing MLV RAW files seems to be completely... well the website gave me the impression it should be working :-)

Thanks,
Kurt

** Weird signature but "All I really want for xmas, whole world, is thumbnail previews for MLV files in Windows Explorer windows. Just dreaming. I've got Terrorbytes of the junk and on a 4k laptop screen MLV App thumbnails are microscopic." **
** Weird signature I know but: "All I really want for xmas, whole world, is thumbnail previews for MLV files in Windows Explorer windows. Just dreaming. I've got Terrorbytes of the junk and on a 4k laptop screen MLV App thumbnails are microscopic." **

masc

Quote from: Headless_Monkey on June 18, 2023, 06:15:41 PM
** Weird signature but "All I really want for xmas, whole world, is thumbnail previews for MLV files in Windows Explorer windows. Just dreaming. I've got Terrorbytes of the junk and on a 4k laptop screen MLV App thumbnails are microscopic." **
Did you use the larger thumbnails? 4K is not that much for this thumbnail size...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202