Started by trapshitkalci, August 04, 2021, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapshitkalci

Canon 60D with Rokinon 35mm T1.5
Fist time using RAW.
Aspect Ratio 2,50:1
1728x692
Post Processing.
MLV APP -> I like flat look so went with Sony S-Log preset (and resized everything to 1920x768  and have chosen ProRes 422 HQ codec)
Avid Media Composer : Edit + Color Correction [maybe this is a big mistake, but the kind of LUT what I did in Avid cant be saved s .cube so I sannot went back and applied the LUT in tha MLVapp one by one.
Please let me know what do you think. I exported the whole video as .mov and downloaded to Youtube as DNxHR HQ codec, maybe it was also a big mistake cause Youtube suggest to use .h264 insted for the better result.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks and greetings from Hungary.
@trapshitkalci
5D MK3 1.1.3 and Danne's latest build with Sandisk Extreme CF card (120mb/sec reading speed, writing is less of course), 60D Nightly Build

trapshitkalci

1.Maybe the frist big mistake that I did was to go with ProRes 422HQ instead of ProRes444 when exporting in MLVApp.
2. I imported the videos to Avid and didn't noticed it compressed to DNxHQ (which is 8bit color depth ) and there was an another loss of info in the files.
3. Applied color correction to the already 8bit color information pixels and so I wasnt able to get out great quality video.

I will try reprocess it and squeeze  a better result out from the raw footages.
5D MK3 1.1.3 and Danne's latest build with Sandisk Extreme CF card (120mb/sec reading speed, writing is less of course), 60D Nightly Build

trapshitkalci