Disable 30 minute timer on Canon 6D

Started by ITServe, July 09, 2021, 08:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITServe

Hi All, I'm new here so forgive me if this answer is already here somewhere. I have looked but not found. In searching for a way around the 30 minute recording limit I came across this video on You Tube:

Apparently this chap installed Magic Lantern on his Canon 6D and under the "Powersave in Live View" menu, found an option at the bottom "30 minute timer--disable". I bought a 6D specially to use this feature, and when I installed Magic Lantern, I found no such option. Is this a recent development? Where might I find the version of ML that has this feature?

Walter Schulz

ITServe

I did check the FAQ. No mention of 30 minute timer. Yet there it, on the You Tubers 70D. Does anyone know anything about this feature?

Walter Schulz

ITServe

Sorry, there is no answer to that question in the Wiki. There is a suggestion to just press record again, not a solution, and the incorrect notation that with 

"USB with EOS Webcam Utility:

There is no 30 minute limit and therefore no need for ML to interfere!

There most certainly is a 30 limit, which I've bumped up against in my 6D and my EOS M and my 5D MKII, all loaded with ML. I know that the "disable 30 minute limit" appears on other Canon cameras, including at least one YouTuber's EOS M, but not mine. My question is why not? And the Wiki DOES NOT provide an answer. I've read every word of it. So please don't tell me to "Look harder" . Would appreciate any help members might be able to give.

Walter Schulz

Open FAQ. Use CTRL-F to open search in your browser. Type
30-minute timer
There are 2 matches. Both lines containing these matches begin with a link to the page where your can find lua_fix build for 6D. At the end of each line there is a picture showing ML menu for this feature.

Wondering about how you made EOS Webcam Utility run with EOS M, though ... I mean, nobody else could. Please share.

theBilalFakhouri

Hi @ITServe

You can press "CTRL + F" from your browser and type "30" or "limit" or any related word in FAQ page (it's easier to search this way), anyway:
https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#how_do_i_record_stream_for_more_than_30_minutes

theBilalFakhouri

@Walter

That was a quick edit, same suggestion :P

Walter Schulz

I really hope OP is trying to use HDMI but I'm afraid this isn't the case.