Canon EOS T3i Rebel - Video setting for Zoom Creates Shutter sound every 30 min.

Started by rgarcia, June 21, 2021, 05:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgarcia

Hello,

I just recently downgraded my Canon EOS T3i Rebel firmware from 1.0.3 to 1.0.2 and use the latest Magic Lantern Firmware for this model. The whitebox in the middle of the screen disappeared which is great but not the Camera, while on Video setting, creates a shutter/clicking sound. Not sure why this is happening.

AF is off. What else should I check?

Rom

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Wiki -> FAQ -> How do I record for more than 30 minutes?
Short: Install lua_fix build.

rgarcia

Thanks Walter. I'm using the EOS Webcam utility. Looks like its expected that if its installed, there's no 30 min limit as mentioned below.

"USB with EOS Webcam Utility:
There is no 30 minute limit and therefore no need for ML to interfere!
Output is clean, there are no overlays!"

Walter Schulz

I know, I wrote it. ;-)
Does this weird sound only appear in video mode? Does it appear without ML running?
Make a smartphone video with sound of this "break", upload it somewhere and link it here.

rgarcia

Awesome! I'm glad I'm talking to the author of ML :) . Yes, the sound appear in video mode. I'm not sure how to turn off ML but based on my research, if you press the trash button and the screen goes back to default EOS display, then its off. So I'm assuming its off.

Here's the sound that the camera makes https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAHwc9_VPpRi7XXxnZOm9yqgVvW-hktM/view?usp=sharing . Let me know if you need more info.

rgarcia

By the way, when the sound goes off, my zoom video screen goes black for like 2-3 seconds.

rgarcia

Correction. I think ML was running since when I press the "set" button before turning on the camera, now zoom shows a white box in the middle of the screen. I'm also timing it now to see if the shutter sound comes on with ML off. Stay tuned.

rgarcia

okay so w/ and w/o ML, the shutter sound still comes on after 30 mins.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: rgarcia on June 22, 2021, 02:51:11 AM
Awesome! I'm glad I'm talking to the author of ML :)

No, just to the one who wrote this FAQ entry.

I have found something in canoncommunity: Setting Auto Power Off to 1 minute solved their 30-minute issue. Strange. Cannot test it here, please test and reply.

rgarcia

I set it to 1 min. Restarted the camera. Plugin to zoom but the camera now makes the same noise every minute.

rgarcia

I think I will try the Lua Fix build. Is this the right version to use based on the ML version I'm using -> magiclantern-lua_fix.2020Dec28.600D102 ?

rgarcia

I'm assuming I won't be deleting the ML in my SD card and then just drop the files/folder of Lua under the root directory?

rgarcia