Shutter sometimes blinks on movie mode

Started by roamdam, June 13, 2021, 05:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roamdam

Hi everyone ! I've searched both the web and the forum about this problem but can't seem to find anything to it... That may be because I'm not using the right words to describe my problem, sorry for that.

Sometimes, may the camera be recording or not, the shutter blinks repeatedly, not entirely closing though. Sometimes it's a fast blink, sometimes a slow one. I've noticed that if I lower the shutter speed a bit, usually the blinking stops and I can record normally. I've also noticed that it often happens if the settings lead to under exposure (for instance if I close the aperture to the minimum at a given shutter speed and ISO level).

I get the feeling that I'm just missing something obvious on how the camera and ML interact in movie mode, but I can't find any explanation online about it so here I am. I'd be really happy if anyone could explain to me what is happening or point me to the right resource. Thanks !

I'm using a 1100D with ML Nighly build 2018.Jul03. I've attached a small video to illustrate what's happening.