Canon 5D Mark II and aDslrDashboard no USB video output with Magic Lantern

Started by joegoodguy, April 27, 2021, 04:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegoodguy

Hello,

I am running Canon 5D Mark II with Magic Lantern latest Luna update.  I set have disabled all overlays so I can have clean HDMI output, disabled 30 minute timeout, ect.  If I use use the Canon 5D Mark II with out Magic Lantern loaded I can get a video feed from the USB to Android version aDslrDashboard.  If you click the LV button with the camera icon it will display your video via the USB and HDMI simultaneously. However, if I boot with Magic Lantern I can no longer get USB video output inside aDslrDashboard.  I have watched and read everything I can find on setting up for video streaming via HDMI or USB with Magic Lantern.  However, I cannot find anything pertaining to to this scenario. I have been mainly using aDslrDashboard for autofocus.  (One thing I have noticed is that once you click the AF button and the camera autofocuses you loose part of your clean HDMI output. The white rectangle and the transparent 16x9 bars will pop up and not go away unless you press the trashcan button to load and unload the Magic Lantern GUI. Any ideas?)

Side note; I have my Canon 5D Mark II camera on a Homem isteady gear gimbal attached to a ring light. Setup with a Stream Deck, Wirecast and Titler Live.  I have tried to get SDK from Homem for their USB/Bluetooth protocols for gimbal control but they will not release it (want to create a type of PTZ controller for this setup).  Bad thing is trying to run aDslrDashboard with Homem software in split screen mode on Android acts quirky the gimbal control quits working.

So my question is is there a setting in Magic Lantern that will enable USB video out along with HDMI video output? Or is Magic Lantern stepping on something that's preventing the USB video output?

Thank you for your great support!