A new idea on a module

Started by Aperture Science, April 25, 2021, 07:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aperture Science

Hello, I am thinking if there is a module that automatically set focus distance to infinity so that the external focusing lens (50 1.8 stm, 40 2.8 stm, 85 f1.2 for example) will be safe for the older model cameras. (Just like what 6D2 or newer model does, there is a opinion in the canon menu that set the focus distance to infinity while sleep and power off)

Anybody think this is a good idea or there is one of these module exist already?

Walter Schulz

First: There is a department for this -> Feature requests.
But don't mind that. Visit Scripting corner first and explore Garry's script repository, esp. DOFIS.
I think there may be a problem with executing scripts at shutdown/sleep but IANAP.

ArcziPL

M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

Aperture Science

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 25, 2021, 07:22:12 AM
First: There is a department for this -> Feature requests.
But don't mind that. Visit Scripting corner first and explore Garry's script repository, esp. DOFIS.
I think there may be a problem with executing scripts at shutdown/sleep but IANAP.

Yes, ArcziPL mentioned that, thank you for the reminder.

ArcziPL

And if you ask me, I got rid of these "problematic" lenses, as I didn't like them anyway (EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM & EF 50mm f/1.4 USM).
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

Aperture Science

Quote from: ArcziPL on April 25, 2021, 11:42:11 AM
And if you ask me, I got rid of these "problematic" lenses, as I didn't like them anyway (EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM & EF 50mm f/1.4 USM).

well...some of them are great actually, 85 f1.2 is a great example