Winter Ambient (5DII RAW)

Started by Skinny, April 23, 2021, 11:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinny

Hello guys, this is just a short video I shot for my ambient track.

I used Canon 5DII with latest reddeercity's build, in 3x3 mode (1880x786) and 12 bits for this test (my cf card is too slow for anything better than this) so you can see aliasing sometimes.
Everything was shot handheld with Helios 44M wide open (f 2.0)

For the music I used vintage sampler (Yamaha SU700) and Korg Volca Keys for the bass.

IDA_ML

Video is about capturing motion.  There is barely any motion in your video.  A slide show with static pictures wouid do a much better job.  Just my opinion.

Skinny

Well, thank you for your input... I'd love to do more motion in a video but I don't have any camera stabilizer for now... it's just an amateur video

ilia3101

Pretty!

I think there is nice motion here, goes well with the music.

Remind me again what 3x3 means, full sensor or cropped in? Anyway looks beautiful, how did you process it?

Notice the sun going a little yellow at 0:18 though :0

Could you give me a sample MLV where that happens?

Jonneh

Quote from: IDA_ML on April 24, 2021, 04:01:29 AM
Video is about capturing motion.  There is barely any motion in your video.  A slide show with static pictures wouid do a much better job.  Just my opinion.

I know what you mean, but I think I disagree. The minimal amount of motion that most of the scenes do have is very effective at conveying the absolute stillness of the various places, in a way that a slideshow wouldn't.
5D3 / 100D

Skinny

thank you guys!
@Ilia3101 I deleted most of the source MLVs, but I still have this one by pure luck :)

https://gofile.io/d/UIaO96
here is one frame mlv, or do you need whole?

in reality the sun was actually kind of yellow-ish, there were clouds in the sky and snow, and it was late..

3x3 is full sensor, I used MLV App to do all color grade and export to prores, then stabilization and minor corrections in adobe premiere.

Hari

Beautiful shots and I love the blue/purple grade! Post stabilization has worked really well, super smooth and looks as good as if you had a camera stabilizer. Where did you shoot this if you don't mind me asking?

Skinny

Thanks! I shoot it in the park, 10 minutes of walk from where I live. It's Russia, Chelyabinsk. We have this small piece of forest in the middle of the city, and this is probably the most interesting thing here :D
It took me about a month to shoot everything in the same mood, the weather was changing every time so I have to wait for the snow again and so on... For the stabilization I use shorter neck strap and 2-3% of warp stabilizer in post.

fotomxr

I like everything about this. Well done!