Incorrect Firmware Version 5D Mark3

Started by Railan Ferreira, April 06, 2021, 06:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railan Ferreira

Hello Every one, hope to find help for this issue.
I can not pass this message , incorrect firmware version .

Currently my Canon 5D Mark3 has firmware 1.3.6

I'm doing the steps,
Format from the camera 2 SD
cards
-insert card with update, 1.3.6 to trigger updade change.
, press OK and open battery door quickly,
Remove card before light it up ( I did try waiting for loading light goes off too)
Insist new card with files downloaded from 1.2.3
     ( card content are , folder DCIM, MISC, ML,   Files autoexec (Adobe format) ML-setup.firm

I have tryed with the firmware 1.3.6 rogue then and without on the same card.

All I get is incorrect firmware version.

When it loads up. It shows up a option to go from 1.3.6 to 1.3.3 , instead 1.2.3

Please advice,
Thanks for any help , I will place same pictures to better describe

Walter Schulz

Yes, your cam can give you a hard time if timing is not met. Give it a card with the firmware it is requesting and restart downgrading.

Railan Ferreira

What can I do to solve it ? Is there another way to install it? I need to use this camera as web cam and stop the turning of thing. Any help. Thank you

Walter Schulz

Railan Ferreira

Thanks Walter, this zip only has one folder and 1 file, do i need to keep the old folder ML?

Railan Ferreira

Walter, thank you so much , it is working and updating now, could you advise me what function will allow the camera to stay on and not turn off when using as webcam?   again, thanks a lot

Railan Ferreira

Walter, I may have misunderstood the process,  this link you provide is not ML file1.3.3 correct? is only to have it in the card.   i end up downgrading the canon softer to 1.3.3 ,   im trying to install the ML 1.2.3   and i still get the same message Incorrect Firm ware version,   dont that has to do with the file autoexec been a adobe acrobat doc? please let me know

Railan Ferreira

my camera is already on a 1.1.3 firmware and still can not recognize the file i downloaded from  MAIN BUILDS 5D Mark III 1.2.3
Canon Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Latest Build: 2018-07-03,    always recognize the ML as 1.3.3 ,,, the fir fil name do not say 1.2.3 , it says " ML-SETUP.FIR  and autoexec is recognized as ADOBE FILE, are this correct? please help! thank you

Railan Ferreira

ALL DONE SIR,   after i installed 1.2.3 firmware i was able to installed the MAGIC LANTERN .  thanks , sorry for so many messages...  one last question,  What function should i use to the camera wont turn off when I using it as webcam ? thanks again

Walter Schulz

Prefs tab -> Powersave in LiveView -> 30-minute timer Disabled
If you don't have this entry you have to install experimental lua_fix build.