Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III - Alpha 3 (1.1.3)

Started by a1ex, September 07, 2012, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeland

The only information I can dig up on the forum about bitrate control and h264.ini is rather scattered and sometimes contradictive.
I know that this feature is of little interest compared to RAW video and the new ML video format, but I'd love to understand how to use the h264-ini or if this feature simply isn't ready/working on the 5dmk3 :)
So, if someone could point me towards he proper thread I'd be grateful.
Keep up the good work! :)
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

Maddoxfotos

can anybody direct me to where i can find 1.1.3 its no longer on the European canon site. And my body has been updated to 1.2.3. :-\

mva

Quote from: Maddoxfotos on December 12, 2013, 04:42:12 PM
can anybody direct me to where i can find 1.1.3 its no longer on the European canon site. And my body has been updated to 1.2.3. :-\

http://pel.hu/eoscard
scroll down

budafilms

When I delete a RAW file, ML not recognise the empty size of the card after. So, I have to power off and turn on. It's posible change this?

rawmania

Quote from: screamer on December 06, 2013, 12:06:20 PM
Hi guys,
just buyed today a 5d mkiii. I'm already using ml with 60d and 6d. i've read all i found about 5d mkiii ml development, and as i understood there's no safe way to disable bootflag from the camera and with the bootflag the camera needs seconds to switch on. correct?
So the first post on this thread suggest to use the "non autoboot" way, updating the firmware every time, or try at your own risk the developer version, hoping that sometimes in the future will be possible to disable the boot flag on the camera.
I've tried the alpha3 version. It works, but cannot see the most of magic lantern things (that's probably what is in the alpha3). So my question is, the only way to shoot raw, to use timelapse functions etc, is to use the developer firmware updater (enabling the boot flag) and using the nightly build?
Or is possible to have access to those functions also with the non-developer fir and doing every time the fir install procedure?
i've tried to put the files of the nightly in the same card of the FIR, but magic lantern still display only the alpha3 voices of menu.

thank you guys :)

+1
any help?

fbuff

Quotecan anybody direct me to where i can find 1.1.3 its no longer on the European canon site. And my body has been updated to 1.2.3.
Just to inform you that you can't revert to 1.1.3 according to the following Canon note:

Notes:
- Once the EOS 5D Mark III camera is updated to Version 1.2.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware Version (Version 1.0.7 through 1.1.3).

chris_overseas

Quote from: fbuff on December 22, 2013, 12:57:22 PM
Just to inform you that you can't revert to 1.1.3 according to the following Canon note:

Notes:
- Once the EOS 5D Mark III camera is updated to Version 1.2.0 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware Version (Version 1.0.7 through 1.1.3).

Even though Canon say that, plenty of people have reverted to 1.1.3 from a 1.2.x firmware without issue.

You can get the 1.1.3 firmware from here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Official_Canon_firmware_updates
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

domisol

Google search on "5D300113.FIR" and the second answer, a dropbox link, worked perfectly for me.

jean-david

betfair

how can i install this on my 5D3? im using macbook (no windowz here)

denman

Hi, i'm french.
Very good job of explaining the process but i don't have all the menus (expo, M..)
Why?  :(
Thanks.
5DMk3    Rouen-FRANCE

Krane

It is here  "Index of/user":

http://proofcreative.com/user/canon_5d3_113.zip
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM

Sergey Pylypenko

Quote from: fbuff on December 22, 2013, 12:57:22 PM

Notes:

Not true.  Using Canon utility one can set up any version back and forth

TntManiak

Hi guyz,

I'm new to ML. I'm using a 5D3 with fir 113 because I was very interested by the bulb ramping feature.
So I installed the 5D3 Alpha 3 builds on my DSLR, but I can't find the bulb ramping feature.
As I understood, this Alpha is for testing purpose only and, so, has some features disabled. So, there is no way to use bulb ramping with 5D3 at the moment?

Thank you!

luckym

Hi All,
I have recently installed 5dmk3 alpha3 on my 5d mk3, I am unable to use the focus peaking the way I used to have ML on 5dmk2 . I am not finding those blinking dots no matter what settings I change on focus peaking. Can someone guide me if I am missing something.

Or Is there any other version which I should use.

THank you so much.

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

gravitatemediagroup

how many menu option should be available in the 'audio' setting of ML in the latest build.

also, what would be preventing me from being able to shoot raw above 1080? all I see is the can't shoot higher resolution in current settings or something along those lines...

budafilms

Latest build can rec audio? I cant find the way...

Audionut

belmore

Is there any way to install the code from the nightly build w/o using the .FIR that enables the bootflag? I am a developer (although only a lowly .NET C# one), so I could probably muddle thru creating my own custom build if need be -- with some guidance on what I need to change.

I imagine you'd have to set the bootflag to use any of the modules (e.g raw video), because I thought I've read that they require a reboot to become active. But it would be nice to get some of the other improvements and additional features of the nightly build.

lsweedman

Je ne trouve pas d'information clair pour installé magic lantern complet pour le 5d mark 3 et je n'arrive pas a faire une donnation pour pouvoir l'avoir! Si quelqu'un pourrai m'aider ce serai vraiment cool!! je suis quelqu'un de sérieux

ikurnik

Is there somewhere firmware 1.1.3 for MAC? I was follow each link from this site but was always landed for PC version.

I saw also that "threaten notice" that is impossible downgrade Mark III from 1.2.3 back to 1.1.3. Is that for real?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. :)

Walter Schulz

It's a zip file. Just download and expand.
Canon's disclaimer isn't true.

ikurnik

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 26, 2014, 11:38:09 AM
It's a zip file. Just download and expand.
Canon's disclaimer isn't true.

In the latest ML version, right?

TY!