Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III - Alpha 3 (1.1.3)

Started by a1ex, September 07, 2012, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squig

fun3md

I also need to ask you guys about the "disable bootflag" problem. Today in installed the Dev enable bootflag .FIR and tried autobooting ML. This all worked fine. But now i got a new EyeFi Card and want to use it. The problem is that i NEED to disable the bootflag in NVRAM to be able to use this card.

Is there any option to disable the bootflag on a 5D Mark 3?

Current Setup
5D Mark 3
1.1.3 FW

16GB SD Card (for testing ML)
new 8GB EyeFi X2 pro (which prevents the 5D to boot)

YOYOFILM

Hey i was wondering if this new ML will work with the new update firmware 1.2.1 5d mark 3

JohnN

No doubt they're working on it but don't pester them it'll just bug them and to be honest I for one don't mind waiting as when it does come out then I'll have to be hassled by Canon about using a third party battery :)

budafilms

It´s possible transfer RAW data from CF card to SD card, to save space. SD card is slowly to get video RAW but maybe we can have an small back up disk. THanks.

GR Productions

ok so i fallowed step by step guides from several sites and i can confirm only the ML alpha3 works, everything else forces me to reboot by removing the battery, and i used macboot, the command with raw files inside the same folder etc.

any help appreciated

debeeldenstormer

Does Alpha 3 work with canon 5D3 firmware 1.2.1 ?
thx

Stedda

Quote from: debeeldenstormer on May 28, 2013, 01:50:13 PM
Does Alpha 3 work with canon 5D3 firmware 1.2.1 ?
thx

Not yet... down grade your firmware if you want to run ML
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

zemberek

Hi which version of ML should I install to be able to capture raw footage with 5d mark 3 (firmware 1.1.3)... And is it possible to shoot 1920 x 1080 or 1920x820 ...
Thanks.....

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: zemberek on May 29, 2013, 02:23:11 PM
Hi which version of ML should I install to be able to capture raw footage with 5d mark 3 (firmware 1.1.3)... And is it possible to shoot 1920 x 1080 or 1920x820 ...
Thanks.....

Start here:
RAW video & ML -- Beginners Guide and FAQ -- READ FIRST
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5520.0

Also many more guides here:
Tutorials and Creative use
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=15.0

You are getting a warning for not Searching the forums first.

Magic Lantern Forum Rules:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=934.msg1141#msg1141
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

mandersson

I am running the latest v2.3 may25 5D3113 and am happily playing with the new settings.
In my AUDIO section I only have.
-speaker volume
-Beep
-Sound recorder.

I have a RODE mic that gets detected when plugged in and is working in the CANON end but why is my menue short on the items and saying the sound is disabled?

PLease help.

THANKS
M

Toffifee

Hey,

I've been experiencing fairly often but seemingly random lock ups or freezes after I have installed the newest nightly (a couple of days ago) and the only way to reset the camera is taking out the battery.
Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

I also only have three audio features, Mandersson.

iballs

Hi,

I followed the directions here: http://www.cinema5d.com/news/?p=17898 and raw recording is working flawlessly to Lexar 128gb 1000x CF cards.

The only issue I am getting is every time the camera power cycles, I need to go into the ML menu and re-load the module, enable RAW and change the resolution. Is this a limitation of the Alpha?

Cheers to the ML team! :)

CalBoy87

I don't know if this is right forum, but I just came across an error. Running  ver. 1729277 (May31) on 5DM3. CF card SanDisk 32 Extreme Pro (90MB/sec). While running random tests, with LV in M Movie Mode got err70 twice, after about 4-5 min of running the test. After removing battery all was OK. Don't know if this interests anybody, just want to help somehow to make it better.

mannfilm

Canon 5Dm3. ML_rawrec_1905. Mac. All my RAW's processed through raw2DNG have faint vertical grey lines across the entire frame. Very Noticeable in blue sky. Does this with all my len's.

RenatoPhoto

This Board is to discuss the Alpha 3 + DevKit; not a RAW thread.

For RAW go here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=49.0
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

VisualPursuit

Question:
Is it easier to develop ML for v1.1.3 and then port everything to 1.2.1?

Wouldn't it be better to first port it to 1.2.1 with the existing features
and then proceed with RAW?

I have searched the forum, but could not find an answer to that.

The v1.2.1 update fixes one problem I had as well, so I am rather reluctant
to revert back to 1.1.3. However I of course miss the features that we already
had in Alpha 3. I use that on a daily basis with the 5D MkII

I can wait very patiently for RAW (as exiting as it is).
But I'd die for the basic ML that Alpha 3 offered on 1.1.3.

No offense though, and please don't feel pushed.
I appreciate very much what you guys have given us for free.

Michael Quack

(edit: typos)

SuperSix

When release "Alpha 4" with the RAW module (with autoboot disabled) so we will not have the 'bootflag' problem ?

mdunlap59

Any update when we will be able to remove the bootflag from the 5DIII, I really need to use my eye-fi card. :/

lorinczzoltan

Today my new 5D MK3 has arrived. And I installed Magic Lantern.
I am very grateful for all your hard work.
I have a short question: I can not use the half shutter button to activate Magic Zoom, i have just:
Zoom in
Always on
Zoom.rec
Focus +Zrec
Is there a way to make half shutter button work?
Thanks

wintix

if i'm not mistaken, that was requesed, discussed and tried elsewhere in this thread but it didn't reliably work from the software side.

5Djp

Ugh.. I just updated to 1.21    Revert it?  or wait?

nikkokarki

Quote from: iballs on June 01, 2013, 07:18:20 AM
The only issue I am getting is every time the camera power cycles, I need to go into the ML menu and re-load the module, enable RAW and change the resolution. Is this a limitation of the Alpha?

I was getting tired of re-loading the modules too so went into the Canon menu:

/Settings /Auto power off/ Disable

I just keep the camera on after loading the modules and it works brilliantly.

Cheers and thanks to the people who have made this happen.

-N

kgv5

Guys

Could I ask you to post some raw DNG's straight out of 5D3 (via dropbex or something like this) in different resolutions from similar footage (highly detailed scene) - I would like to compare the resolutions by myself and I don't know anybody with 5D3 from my neighborhood.

If you can please post:

-1 frame 1920x800
-1 frame 1808x756 (or similar of you don't if you don't have such a res)
-1 frame 1664x696 or so.

With the 6D I can use max 1808x756 for about 15sec, 1600xsomething is much longer. I would like to see for myself how much quality i am loosing when compared to true 1920x .....
I was making some comparisons 1600x... vs 1800x... and difference were smaller than i expected, especially when exported with some decent h.264 for final viewing.
Thanks in advance
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

ilari

Hello,

I can't get ML uploaded into my brand new 5D mkIII ? I have tryed several times, I have followed all the steps in the installation guide and in the message #1 of this thread strictly. I have firmware 1.1.3. for sure. My camera is new, I bought it two weeks ago.

Some observations:
- I have tryed two CF cards (Sandisk Extreme 60MB/s, 32 GB and 16 GB) and one SD card (Transcend 32GB SDHC) and ML only on one card at a time. Also I have tryed with only one card in the camera.

- In the first upload attempts, nothing happened exept card check counter went fast 0-100%, then camera was quiet (no red led blinking). Nothing installed.

- Then I updated firmware 1.1.3. to 1.1.3. for sure (I updated it from the http://pel.hu/down/). After this, the firmware upload to ML ends red led blinking for ever. So was the new 1.1.3. firmware even worse than my original 1.1.3. ?

Could someone tell, where to find 5DmkIII firmware 1.1.3., which would work with ML for sure?

Any other advice?

Just at the moment I would like to have ML to be able to use normal still-shutter button for video. Is this feature working on ML for 5DmkIII ?

Best Regards,
Ilari