Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III - Alpha 3 (1.1.3)

Started by a1ex, September 07, 2012, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

nanomad

Quote from: a1ex on November 28, 2012, 06:37:20 PM
We already have hi-res PCB pics at http://www.pbase.com/rcicala/magiclantern (thanks Roger!)

I believe the chip is the bottom-left one in the second pic, but... good luck reading what's on it ;)

Forgot to say we need proper MACRO photos of the PCB. Something that takes time (and focus peaking really helps here  ::))
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

@!ex

aceka

hello ML guys !

i want to install the alpha3 on my brand new 5DMK3 and after all the step and after click on the "firmware upgrade" i have the loading panel for 5 seconds and then a black screen with a red dot blinks.
after, i come back on the menu and i can see : firmware version : "1.1.3-ml-2.3.next"

can you help me ?

feureau

Quote from: aceka on November 29, 2012, 10:52:04 PM
i come back on the menu and i can see : firmware version : "1.1.3-ml-2.3.next"

Congratulations. you've just loaded ML on your 5DMk3.

Press the trash button to load the ML menu. For further info, please consult the manual :3

rhc

Amazing that I can see the peaking focus function on my zacuto monitor!! Gerat job
Some of the setting of focus aid are for on camera LCD and some are for external monitor, still trying to figure it out.

Jason Montalvo

Do any of us know what Alex meant when he tweeted this ?

"Some new camera may turn into a 1D-X or it may explode"   ???

feureau

Hmm... cryptic... I wonder if they'd stumbled on photo fps controller that can increase shooting speed up to 10-14 fps...?

What's his twitter handle btw?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Jason Montalvo

feureau

Nosmoth

Hi, it looks great! Just wondering if you are open to some more suggestions for improvements? Like for example, removing the ridiculous lock that always sets the camera to an iso of 400 when a Canon flash is attached. What a stupid and nonsensical idea!!! In general, I am wondering about more features for still photographers. Are you thinking of a focus trap script down the track? Cheers...

gregorb

I have the same problem what had Ivoborkus.

The software witht 5D mark 3 is not running

sebi_nurayfilms

Hi team.

My first post. Absolutley loved magic lantern on my t2i. Recently invested in the 5DM3 and am missing magic lantern alot. Looking at all the Alpha versions that are out, I am seriously tempted to download it.

1 major question i need answering. I have read through all the posts, and this question has not been asked.
I use SD cards as opposed to CF to record my main video.

Will I be able to put Magic Lantern Alpha3 onto a 4GB CF card instead of SD, and then use the SD to record my main footage?

Please let me know if this has been tested.

Thanks.

Sebi 8)

optik

Quote from: sebi_nurayfilms on December 05, 2012, 02:53:45 PM
Hi team.

My first post. Absolutley loved magic lantern on my t2i. Recently invested in the 5DM3 and am missing magic lantern alot. Looking at all the Alpha versions that are out, I am seriously tempted to download it.

1 major question i need answering. I have read through all the posts, and this question has not been asked.
I use SD cards as opposed to CF to record my main video.

Will I be able to put Magic Lantern Alpha3 onto a 4GB CF card instead of SD, and then use the SD to record my main footage?

Please let me know if this has been tested.

Thanks.

Sebi 8)

The question has never been asked because the answer is clearly given on the first page of this thread  ::)

Tips:
- Disable Auto Power Off.
- Recommended usage: copy ML on a small SD card, keep it in the camera, and use CF cards for shooting.
- You can use any card combination, just don't put ML on both cards.
- EyeFi cards are working!!! (thanks kikouyou)

Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 24-105mm F4, Canon 50mm F1.4, Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI-s, Tokina AT-X 16-28mm F2.8 Pro FX, 2 Lexar 1000x 64GB, Kumputer Bay 1000x 64GB, FCPX, Nuke, Modo, AE,
DaVinci

dude

Would it be possible to remote the camera via Eyefi?

sebi_nurayfilms

Ok. Thanks for getting back to me.

So - has anyone tried using Alpha 3 running from a CF card instead of the SD? Is it possible?

Only reason why I ask is that I have heavily invested in SD cards, coming from the t2i to the 5d3. So i don't want to have to buy a new set of CF cards (which are rather expensive).

Please let me know if anyone knows.

dude

The fact that i still do not own a fast cf card made me put ml on the cf card while recording video to sd.
No problems at all. But remember that cf card are much faster because of the speedlimit on sd card in 5d.

by the way,even if i forgot to switch slots to record on sd and it records on the slow cf card with ml on, there are no problems.

sebi_nurayfilms

Hey Dude.

Thanks for the quick response. So let me get this straight (sorry to repeat myself as I do not want to f up my £3k brand spanking new camera) just so that I know I am doing this right.

So i could put ML onto my CF card (I have a 16GB one - SanDisk Extreme 60MB/s UDMA) and each time I boot up, run the firmware update of the CF card, and record video to my SD? which is a 32 GB Sandisk extreme pro. And even if i record video to the CF card, all is still ok?

nanomad

gilmoursimon

Hi Alex, that's a real shame there's not likely to be any auto movie restart option :(

I cover events and very often I need to rig the camera in some fairly inaccessible places where it's not really practical to restart the camera manually. Indeed the auto restart on the 60D was quite simply the most significant and helpful function I could have imagined!

I'm just wondering - isn't the law to prevent devices going beyond 30 mins of continuous recording? The auto movie restart function doesn't allow for continuous recording over 30 mins. It stops recording, there's a break, thens it starts again, so definitely not continuous?

Such a useful function to have and honestly not sure how I'm going to get by without it :(

Thanks for all your hard work!

Simon

KAIT Labs

I've run into a problem and I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding the purpose of a feature.

I've rigged my monitor upside down (easier/cleaner look) and I've enabled the UPSIDE DOWN feature in ML. The UI is readable and flipped perfectly. The LiveView feed is still upside down though, any way to fix this?

a1ex

KAIT Labs

Quote from: a1ex on December 07, 2012, 05:56:24 PM
Yes, turn the camera upside down ;)

That would mean I'm litterally recording an upside down picture, I'm not sure that's the desired solution. :P

Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to rig my monitor another way then.

Jason Montalvo

Hey Alex, just wondering if there's any updates/progress on the already awesome Alpha 3 build.

Thanks Again for everything man !!