Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III - Alpha 3 (1.1.3)

Started by a1ex, September 07, 2012, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixmastermike

Quote from: DTSET123 on October 26, 2012, 11:57:48 PM
It seems that most of us don't know how that thing works = all eyes on you :) Waiting for your report!  Thank you!

Well she's here, the batteries are taking longer to charge than bringing a nuclear power station online... hopefully this is a good sign and they might actually last....

With respect to the input source, the ninja looks to auto detect what the input is and displays it on screen. So, once the batteries are charged Ill plug her in and power her up.

mnteddy

I'm not seeing a BMP of the overlays when I take a screengrab, though I still get a working .422 file with the image. Coming in a later build perhaps?

a1ex

Check the other card. BMP is saved by Canon code, it can't be changed.

Andrzej

Is it possible to temporally disconnect OLP filters just to see if they are any changes in video resolution ? Are they controlled electronically ?
Canon 5dm3, 550d, Canon 24-105mm 4.0 IS, Canon 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 20mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm 4.0-5.6, Samyang 14mm 2.8, Falcon 85mm 1.4, Zeiss 180mm 2.8 and more...

a1ex

itsskin

Amazing update! Thank you so much!
Tried to load from Eye-Fi card, worked 1 time only. Next were black screen. Only pulling Eye-Fi card helped.

Otherwise it's megacool. Anamorphic display is WOW.

kikouyou

The Eye-fy card setup seems to depend on the fact the is a lens or not attached to the body
I now run ML only with a lens attached an it is fine
My lenses have an updatable fw

Note : only the 8Gb Pro card works The 16 does not

Quote from: itsskin on October 27, 2012, 02:31:07 PM
Amazing update! Thank you so much!
Tried to load from Eye-Fi card, worked 1 time only. Next were black screen. Only pulling Eye-Fi card helped.

Otherwise it's megacool. Anamorphic display is WOW.

itsskin

Yes, it stopped working after I changed to manual m43 lens. But changing back to EF didn't help.

kikouyou

Quote from: itsskin on October 27, 2012, 06:57:58 PM
Yes, it stopped working after I changed to manual m43 lens. But changing back to EF didn't help.

When it stop working you have to do the card and battery pull procedure to get it back to work

itsskin

Yes. Didn't help though. Just came back home and changed to normal SD card.

mixmastermike

Ok So everything's charged and were ready to shoot some test shots..

However I cant get the Ninja to sync corrctly with the HDMI, somehow I managed to get one test shot earlier today at 1080i60, but ever since then the ninja detects at 59.94, this makes for some awful results.

The EVF detects at 1080i60 Im not sure how I managed to get lucky earlier but Ill scour the web for some help on this one, if anyone has any input its welcomed. I read that there were problems with the nikons and ninja not syncing and I wonder if its a firmware issue as this was resolved in a firmware update for the Ninja and Nikon Combo.

I've also tried removing the evf from the loop and recording directly to the ninja this didn't resolve the problem.

Lcrusher

Try changing the video system to pal(in the canon menu). Maybe it'll work better in 25 fps.

mixmastermike

realized the Ninja wasn't on the latest firmware. updating now.....

mixmastermike

Quote from: Lcrusher on October 27, 2012, 09:31:12 PM
Try changing the video system to pal(in the canon menu). Maybe it'll work better in 25 fps.

No luck with that one, or the latest firmware.

On the Nikons, the instructions describe a menu in camera that allows you to select the output HDMI setting thats something we cant do as yet maybe thats whats up.

1%

In 600D firmware there are options for HDMI 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 480P/i (I think). It connects to my TV at 1080i even though it is 720P. It uses EDID data to determine this somehow. I get the same results connecting to 1080P sources. I think you might be having a similar problem and its not the recorder.

Ugh.. canon really needs to work this out.

mixmastermike

Quote from: 1% on October 27, 2012, 09:55:58 PM
In 600D firmware there are options for HDMI 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 480P/i (I think). It connects to my TV at 1080i even though it is 720P. It uses EDID data to determine this somehow. I get the same results connecting to 1080P sources. I think you might be having a similar problem and its not the recorder.

Ugh.. canon really needs to work this out.

ugggghhh indeed, maybe 6 months is optimistic for the canon firmware update.

1%

Anyone try using HDMI->DVI adapter?

FF1ED188:   STRING: '[EDID] ColorMode = EDID_COLOR_RGB'   FF1ECFD8
FF1ED1AC:   STRING: '[EDID] ColorMode = EDID_COLOR_422'   FF1ECFE4
FF1ED1D0:   STRING: '[EDID] ColorMode = EDID_COLOR_444'

FF1ED20C:   STRING: '[EDID] SELECTED DVI MODE'

Hmmm... well I just did into a 1080P TV and with magic zoom get "full size" HDMI that covers the entire screen... but those damn overlays need to go.

hmm... spoke too soon, its only outputing 480P, have to make the camera do 1080.... maybe this is HDCP related?

mixmastermike

Quote from: 1% on October 27, 2012, 10:35:44 PM
Anyone try using HDMI->DVI adapter?

FF1ED188:   STRING: '[EDID] ColorMode = EDID_COLOR_RGB'   FF1ECFD8
FF1ED1AC:   STRING: '[EDID] ColorMode = EDID_COLOR_422'   FF1ECFE4
FF1ED1D0:   STRING: '[EDID] ColorMode = EDID_COLOR_444'

FF1ED20C:   STRING: '[EDID] SELECTED DVI MODE'

Hmmm... well I just did into a 1080P TV and with magic zoom get "full size" HDMI that covers the entire screen... but those damn overlays need to go.

This could be fantastic at home, no external hdmi recorder needed. I could just TiVo my recordings  ;)

1%

Try some displays which support HDCP. I don't think mine does.

mixmastermike

Quote from: 1% on October 27, 2012, 10:48:25 PM
Try some displays which support HDCP. I don't think mine does.

I have a samsung smart tv and it worked great connecting it directly to hdmi. The picture looked good and thats on a 65 inch screen.

1%

But was it 1080P or I? My picture looks like crap thru HDMI but have to force 1080P somehow and try DVI again, the SD even looks much better. I only have a 42" 1080P running, have  a ~47 but its not 1080P + others. I remember my HV20 wouldn't display 1080P on non-HDCP enabled displays.

*OK, forced FULLHD on DVI and get 1080I (according to MZ).... fuck. Have to make it 1080P.

mixmastermike

a1ex

On 5D3, full screen MZ in 1080p shows full-screen image, 1904x1274, no pillarboxes... but the image is double. One could call it "drunk HDMI out".

mixmastermike

The Samsung is showing 1080i60?

its not covering the whole screen though and I don't have the time today to count all the pixels.... so Im guessing this represents the smaller number of lines produced by the camera??

Makes me wonder if the Ninja 2 is more an Orange Belt than a real Ninja?

1%

For me HDMI 2 = VGA, HDMI 5 = 1080i :( and 17 and 20 stretch the SD image to 16x9. How can I force 1080P? I know my TV is good for it.