Looking for a cage - EOS M

Started by crzor, March 29, 2021, 03:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crzor

Maybe someone can help me here. I can't for the life of me find a cage for the EOS M where I'm from (Germany). Seems that smallrig doesn't produce theirs anymore. I read that the M100 cages work with some slight modifications but same problem: there are none.
Does the M50 cage fit? At least I can find those.
Or do you guys have any other suggestions? If there are modifications to be made then so be it. I'm fairly new to cameras but i know my way around tools.

Walter Schulz

crzor

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 29, 2021, 04:03:46 PM
Zeek to the rescue:

Everything linked in description.

Thank you. I already watched that. This cage is unavailable as well.

crzor

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 29, 2021, 04:47:10 PM
https://www.camvate.com/camvate-camera-cage-frame-for-sony-a6000-a6300-a6400-a6500-a6600-amp-canon-eos-m-m10_p1850.html
It says 86 available

Damn. I was looking for it on mobile and it cut off that this thing is not only for the Sony cameras. Big facepalm. Thank you very much. You helped a newbie out :).

Adam S

Another newbie here - what I did was to take a general Smallrig cage that I bought because I have worked with a variety of cameras and flipped a few things around so that I can access the battery/card door.  There are also plenty of mounting points for just about everything I need.  I found it better to go bigger and anticipate your needs or gear acquisition syndrome than to eventually need to upgrade.

ljglmail

So, I've had my EOS M for a little over a month now and I'm pretty happy with it. I love the mirrorless design but I need something to protect it while I'm toting it around. The only problem is that well, there isn't a lot of choices out there. Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of bags, cases and pouches out there but the vast majority of them are designed for Canon and Nikon DSLR's.

I've tried a couple of these cases on for size but the problem is that they just don't fit properly so I end up having to force them in or have them pop off when moving around. Unfortunately, in the case of some camera bags, they're made to fit specific cameras such as the Nikon D800 and the Canon 5D Mark II which are both significantly larger than my EOS M.