Remote camera control via USB. EOS utility does not see DNG files.

Started by JustJo, April 09, 2021, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJo

Hello. I now have a CANON 600D in my hands. I have installed Magic Lantern and am learning how to use it. I also discovered such a convenient program as EOS Utility. I set the camera to silient mode to take pictures without using the shutter. I save in DNG format (full res).

After each shot, I see information that the photo has been saved. But through the PC, I can't see the dng files on the camera. If you pull out the sd card and insert it into the computer, then all DNG files are displayed.

Perhaps I missed something when setting up Magic Lantern or I do not have a driver installed on Win 10, or is it not possible at all? Maybe there are alternative programs?

Walter Schulz

Canon supports a very limited set of file extensions via USB: CR2, CR3, JPG, MOV ...
No support for MLV, DNG.

JustJo

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 09, 2021, 06:24:12 PM
Canon supports a very limited set of file extensions via USB: CR2, CR3, JPG, MOV ...
No support for MLV, DNG.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 09, 2021, 06:24:12 PM
No support for MLV, DNG.

I found one solution you suggested earlier:

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=24376.msg219502;topicseen#msg219502

Do you think this is relevant and will work?

Walter Schulz