1344x562 / 23.976fps
iso 200
14bit
MLV app to DNG
Adobe After effects upscale to 1920x1080
SonyVegas render

tupp

It looks good to me!

To eliminate the hand-held micro-jitters, it might be good to add some weight to the camera or use a shoulder mount, gimbal or some other stabilizer.  @ZEEK sometimes uses the neck strap tension trick to stabilize his hand-held shots.

By the way, what is a Canon 600DEF?  Do you mean a 600D, which happens to only come with an EF mount?

Walter Schulz

D.A.M.I.R

Thanks @tupp. It was just first test so I wanted to hear opinions. I will post more, longer videos with difret lenses. Stabilization is neaded and @Zeek is master 👍. It's 600D, with EL lens. It was typing mistake. Thank you.

Skinny

for me it looks very good :)
but why didn't you use 10 bits and maybe slightly lower fps? this way you can get more resolution, around 1600 px

D.A.M.I.R

Thanks @Skinny. I was having some problems with Experimental build 10,12bit.
So I installed main, Latest Build: 2018-07-03. When have time, I will install again 10bit and test a bit better.
When I go to experimental download page for 10,12bit it's saying this:
Experimental raw video recording at lower bit depths. Only models with CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_SLURP/CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_PATCH are compiled.
Do you know what that means?

Walter Schulz

Trying to make a short explaination with some oversimplification:
Each build has to be compiled = making plain text files into code executable/readable by a given camera.
Camera ability to support a particular feature is listed in those text files. You will find a list for nightly builds here: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html

Some features are self-explanatory (like FPS_OVERRIDE) and/or linked to a related forum thread or wiki. And some (like CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_SLURP) are not. If such a feature is missing for a particular cam it may be because cam cannot support it at all or devs haven't found out how to make it work in a safe way. Other reasons may apply as well.

For builds like experimental "raw_video_10bit_12bit_LVState" code was copied from main build structure into another repository. This is called a branch. And inside this branch CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_PATCH was introduced. And for cameras not matching CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_PATCH/CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_SLURP there will be no 10-12-bit build at all. This may change if camera is able to support this feature and devs find out how.

You may want to take a look into https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/glossary for other unknown terms. Some items have to be edited, though.

D.A.M.I.R

Hi @WalterSchulz and thank you for this explanation and for the links. Now i understand little bit better.

IDA_ML

Quote from: Skinny on March 12, 2021, 10:45:17 PM
for me it looks very good :)

Not for me.  In my opinion, the flowers look like plastics. I miss the natural filmic look of the RAW video that ML provides.  Did you apply some severe noise reduction?

D.A.M.I.R

Tnx. I did little bit of noise reduction while processing dng files in Adobe Raw. Do you recommend  to do noise reduction and sharpening in editing?  I'm using ML couple od days and still searching forum to het best results while shooting. Today I installed 10/12bit version, got some seconds more on higher resolution which is good.

Skinny

@IDA_ML maybe :)
I personally almost never use any noise reduction, youtube compression will eat some details (and noise) anyway. So noise and emulated film grain can serve as some form of dithering for youtube compression algorithm, but it's the matter of personal taste

IDA_ML

Quote from: D.A.M.I.R on March 13, 2021, 01:01:07 PM
Do you recommend  to do noise reduction and sharpening in editing? 

No, if you film at low ISO, you don't need noise reduction at all.  I use it only at ISO 800 and higher only if necessary - i. e. noise is too intrusive.  Even then, I use very little noise reduction.  Dark frame subtraction does a much better job.  I would suggest that you redo the processing of your video without noise reduction and compare.  You will see how much more natural the video looks without noise reduction.