Can't get clean HDMI out

Started by imranino, March 09, 2021, 11:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imranino

Hi there,

I'm very new to Magic Lantern, and I'm trying to get a clean HDMI into OBS for teaching over zoom, streaming and record purposes.

unfortunately I'm unable to get a clean HDMI output using Magic Lantern - instead of the Focus graphics from the Canon firmware, I can always see the last selected menu item from ML on my screen, along with a long grey rectangle at the top of the screen with Q> written on it.

I've tried everything I can to get rid of it and would be grateful for any help.

Camera is an EOS 550D

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

If want to get rid of ML menu items in LiveView you may press trashcan button.
Clean HDMI: Display tab -> Clear Overlays -> WhenIdle or Always. Works best in movie mode.
Streaming for > 30 minutes: Use experimental lua_fix build (Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (pull down menu) -> Experiments) for your camera. After installation go to Prefs tab -> PowerSave in LiveView -> 30-minute timer Disabled.

jcgeary

That is exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for the reply.

MiGabri

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 12, 2021, 04:59:16 AM
If want to get rid of ML menu items in LiveView you may press trashcan button.
Clean HDMI: Display tab -> Clear Overlays -> WhenIdle or Always. Works best in movie mode.
Streaming for > 30 minutes: Use experimental lua_fix build (Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (pull down menu) -> Experiments) for your camera. After installation go to Prefs tab -> PowerSave in LiveView -> 30-minute timer Disabled.

Hi, i'm new on this forum, i installed ML in a SD for a EOS 550 D, what have i to do to use the experimental build you wrote about to be able to disable the powersave in liveview? can i simply overwrite files .fir and .bin and the ML folder on the SD with those i found in the  lua_fix package? Thanks in advance.

Michele from Italy

Walter Schulz

Quote from: MiGabri on June 02, 2023, 01:15:04 AM
can i simply overwrite files .fir and .bin and the ML folder on the SD with those i found in the  lua_fix package?

I recommend to delete or rename old files and directory instead. 
Your method will most likely work but renaming/deleting avoids potential problems with other builds/settings.

MiGabri

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 02, 2023, 10:58:22 AM
I recommend to delete or rename old files and directory instead. 
Your method will most likely work but renaming/deleting avoids potential problems with other builds/settings.

I did it the way you suggested, many thanks  :)