Option to hold SET to boot ML

Started by Kharak, February 02, 2021, 10:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

I hope it's okey I add this in this thread, I thought it would be okey as the thread mentions journalism in dangerous countries. And honestly adding it to feature requests section seems like a black hole. But feel free to move it if needed or tell me to.

This is something I thought about for awhile.

On camera startup, by holding SET ML will not boot, could it be possible to make an option in ML to reverse this, so that you need to hold SET to boot ML. This is not encryption perse, but ML in this case functions like the key to play/review the MLV's.

The case scenario being that the camera is confiscated or you are required to show your contents to an "official" and you have sensitive MLV's on the camera. Obviously having some "innocent" cr2's and h264 files on the camera to mask the true contents.

Not sure how Canon reads a SET press at startup without ML booted, perhaps it requires that ML is partially booted.

This is not gonna stop someone from grabbing your Cards and finding out that those 50 pictures on the card somehow take up 90 GB space and "what the f*** is .mlv?". But as a first line of defence and sweet talking, it can go a long way.

Let me know what you think.
once you go raw you never go back

a1ex