Set record time to 10 minutes then restart.

Started by Datadogie, September 06, 2012, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datadogie

Would it be possible to set record time to 10 minute. The reason I ask is if you are on a two or three camera shoot you could keep track of when each camera is going to auto restart and maybe make sure you can capture something good with the other camera at this time.eg you might be recording the vows at a wedding when one of the cameras auto restarts just at the "I do" part then you know by glancing at stopwatch that you can't afford to miss that time.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

ItsMeLenny

There is no way to extend the limit yet. The limit is in the file size, not the length of time. The size being 4gb. You can change the video mode to 640x480 and record for longer. You could probably drop the bit rate and record for longer.
There is the option for auto restart in the camera though, a second or two of video will be dropped as it restarts back up. But if you have multiple cameras, start one recording 30 seconds after, then switch between them in post.

a1ex

Rather than using movie restart, you can try the intervalometer, it should work as you described.

Datadogie

Thank A1ex  I never thought about the intervalometer timer.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.