Start up messages

Started by garry23, February 08, 2021, 05:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

All of a sudden the console always comes on at start up, ie something was triggering it: 5D3 latest Lua fix.

I have switched off all modules and still get this at start up, which confuses me:

image0w" border="0

Can anyone suggest what's going on?

I can't see how I have references to ETTR is I haven't loaded that module, and what's the intervalomter ref mean?

Walter Schulz

Debug tab -> Show console OFF

garry23

Yes, keep switching console off, but it always comes back on at start up.

Danne

I think maybe dualiso module needs to stay enabled or some other module, can´t remember really but had something similar once. You can try and narrow down which one.

garry23

Yes, I've tried multiple combinations and still get the messages above.

As I say, this started all of a sudden.

References to auto ETTR and intervalometer seem weird to me.

Danne

Hm, since I know you kind of like lua I wonder if you have any lua script enabled callig for something it can´t find? What happens if you install a completely fresh build?

garry23

OK an update.

As Walter said, if I switch the Debug console request off, obviously I don't get the console.

But with the console on, I see the messages, which just look wrong to me.

I get these if no script or no modules are loaded.

a1ex

These are some integrations between core ML code and some modules. For example, the intervalometer needs to know whether Auto ETTR is enabled (for some additional delay), and the raw histogram also asks Auto ETTR in order to display the ETTR hint. The ISO display in the LiveView info bars needs to know whether Dual ISO is enabled, in order to display it properly (e.g. 100/1600). And so on.

Pretty sure there are nicer ways to implement these, with less coupling, but I didn't know any better back in 2013. I'm no expert in software engineering, so any help in this direction is usually welcome ;)

garry23

@a1ex

Many thanks for the reassurance that there is nothing going 'wrong'.

Cheers

Garry