Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaburn

It might be possible what you say, but I was aiming to find a mode that works well and has high resolution... that was of course before the latest news  :D

Another thing that I was asking on discord and no one answered is this approach:

Recording 1x3 mode but offset 1 column every 2 rows, with the intention of minimizing the horizontal aliasing and then do the debayer horizontally.
Not sure what the result would look like and if it would really reduce aliasing, but I think it would be interesting if that recording mode is possible

Skinny

I still think something could be done at the post-processing stage, like reconstruction to full 5k image while smoothing aliasing here, guess additional pixel values based on something, maybe using gaussian function or other algorithms..
And only then feed this properly reconstructed image to the raw converter.

K-Rim

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 18, 2023, 02:00:32 PM
Hi,

AFAIK, Danne build isn't well supported regarding HDMI currently.
You may want to use crop mood build, HDMI is supported there in all presets in all outputs.

Hey I'll definitely give your build a try and will install it tomorrow, thank you!

kolodiazniy

Hello guys.
What is the best SD-card for EOS M in 2023? The "gold standart".

Walter Schulz

Lexar 2000x
Not sure about what best means. This is the fastest so far.

After Bilal's sd_uhs discoveries we no longer have the need of a gold standard as before.

kolodiazniy

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 27, 2023, 04:48:01 PM
After Bilal's sd_uhs discoveries ...
Where I can read about it? Now I don`t understant the feature.

DeEYE

Re:Cards, Just get what works. Its known to work regardless of peoples tests with latest builds.

Sandisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-I Card (extreme pro in gold lettering)
UHS 3, V30 C10

;)  the one i use is 200mbs (at least the on the card says  so) but real word max use is more like 90

They are pretty cheap for what the can do. I also have a lexar that works. But because of the reliablity of the former, I tend t pick them up when I can .

Walter Schulz

Quote from: DeEYE on April 27, 2023, 06:10:48 PM
  the one i use is 200mbs (at least the on the card says  so) but real word max use is more like 90

Read the specs. https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/sandisk/product/memory-cards/extreme-pro-uhs-i-microsd/data-sheet-extreme-pro-uhs-i-microsd-200mbps.pdf
200 is for read only. And it requires a reader with proprietary oc protocol. With other devices it is just another UHS-I card. Fits with 90MByte/s. Give or take.

DeEYE

Ah yes, thanks,.\
I just meant, it says that, that card works as it gets 90 i dont have any need for anything over that. In fact im usually at 60mbs probably. Thanks for the link!

DeEYE

1080p mode is more reliable to me in the Danne build than Crop Mood build. Does anyone else find that or is it just me? Trying to decide why I find 1080p mood unstable on the Crop Mood, it often frezzes and or goes to black frame when trying to frame or fucus. No such problem with Danne Build.The only "bad thing" about the danne build would be a brief pink screen when using AF, but Tend to do manual mode anyways. ) I also feel the exposure is diffreent, could I be wrong?
Currentyly Ive decided to have Crop Mood 4-5k on one card and Danne Build CM to 1080p mode on the other. Just for reliability. Or perhaps Im just having a hard time letting go? lol 

Danne

Thanks for feedback.
Wish I had more time playing with bilals build  8)

gabriielangel

Quote from: DeEYE on May 18, 2023, 11:09:12 PM
1080p mode is more reliable to me in the Danne build than Crop Mood build.

What is good with Danne's build is that it is set up to work as good as possible by default. Bilal's build requires a little more work before you can use it.
For 1080p mode to work, you need to get into x10 zoom mode and press the onscreen down arrow once or twice to offset the preview. The black screen will disappear.
Also, Kill Global Draw must be set to ON.

@bilal, it would be a good idea to ask the forum admin to add a second post right after the first one on your thread, where you could just add version history / new releases and found fixes. As a lot of things must be set manually and it varies depending on which mode you are using, this can get confusing pretty fast for someone just starting using it... :)
For example, some very important info is only available on pages 5 and 8 (Custiomize Buttons, Preview Toggle,etc.)

procopy

Quote from: DeEYE on May 18, 2023, 11:09:12 PM
1080p mode is more reliable to me in the Danne build than Crop Mood build. Does anyone else find that or is it just me?

It's pretty much the same for me in 4.2k. I counter black screen by pressing menu and then shutter and it get backs to normal, but the fact of the matter is it's annoying. The other issue is camera constantly overheating and to me that's major issue. A ton of corrupted and pink frames, dead pixels, autostops and so on make it really unreliable and after shooting for few months, I don't share everyone else's hype about it. The only reason I resorted to Crop Mood lately is I get what I see but honestly don't like the tradeoff. Might as well spend few more seconds framing for way more reliable results.