Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essbe

essbe

I have this problem on Dannes latest build Nightly.2022Oct06.EOSM202 that when i press down to lower ISO, the Canon ISO menu shows up, and ISO doesn't change when changing it there. Pressing up to increase ISO is no problem. I did not have this problem in earlier builds. Is there a workaround for this?

essbe

Please disregard my previous post. I had to change the function for the trash button in the canon menu. It was set to ISO and not normal , for some reason. Apologies.

dpjpandone

Can someone who had an AV cable or a sescom adapter please test this build and let me know if headphone monitoring is working on EOSM now?

http://hipsterhack.com/2022/11/13/magic-lantern-canon-eosm/

Danne

dpjpandone

Quote from: Danne on November 20, 2022, 10:43:41 AM
Did you test it yourself?
I don't have the cable. I ordered one last week but it hasn't shipped yet

domingoz

hey guys. i just download a latest oct06 build and encounter the 20 mb/s SD cap issue. does anyone have a archive of Dannephoto builds that i can backup to previous versions? i just lost mine ((( 

gabriielangel

Quote from: domingoz on November 25, 2022, 09:54:15 AM
hey guys. i just download a latest oct06 build and encounter the 20 mb/s SD cap issue. does anyone have a archive of Dannephoto builds that i can backup to previous versions? i just lost mine (((

If you want someone to be able to help you, you'll need to provide more info. Which card are you using? Which recording mode? Is the 240MHz (or 192Mhz) Overclock enabled? Did you keep your previous settings? Your issue can have many causes, but the Latest build is not to blame for this one.

amitkattal

When I try to zoom by pressing half shutter , it usually takes around 2 seconds to zoom and then again 2 seconds to zoom out. It doesnt happen while recording. Then it works instantaneously. Is this common behavior? How can make it faster while not recording. I am using 5k frtp mode.

dpjpandone

You can't make it faster. The 5kfrtp implementation has to set lots of different registers in a specific sequence to give you a clean preview. When you zoom in all of this is undone, and when you zoom out it all has to happen again in the same sequence. This cannot go faster or the camera will lock up

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: dpjpandone on December 20, 2022, 02:07:27 PM
You can't make it faster.

I think it can be made faster, patching and un-patching registers (ENGIO, ADTG, CMOS) is a very fast process and doesn't require much time (like two seconds). my implementation for quick half-shutter zoom while not recording on 650D/700D/100D makes the process instant:

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 18, 2020, 07:51:30 PM
-You can easily check focus by pressing Half-Shutter in LiveView while not recording (works in all 1x3 presets and 1920x1280p 1:1 preset) to get into x10 mode, unpress Half-Shutter to get back to normal LiveView.

[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/augUIo8.mp4[/gifv]

Danne

What function are you using? Could you show example code?
My x10 stuff was done in an early stage. Not sure what made me do it the way it´s done now but a refinement would be nice.

theBilalFakhouri

These lines in crop_rec.c (under crop_rec_keypress_cbr):

if ((key == MODULE_KEY_PRESS_HALFSHUTTER) && lv_dispsize == 5 && is_movie_mode()
&& !gui_menu_shown() && lv && patch_active == 1 && !RECORDING && crop_preset != CROP_PRESET_1440p_700D && crop_preset != CROP_PRESET_3K_700D_FIXED)
{
unpatch_memory(ENGIO_WRITE);
unpatch_memory(CMOS_WRITE);
unpatch_memory(ADTG_WRITE);
update_patch();
set_zoom(10);
return 0;
}

if ((key == MODULE_KEY_UNPRESS_HALFSHUTTER) && crop_preset != CROP_PRESET_OFF && lv_dispsize == 10 && is_movie_mode()
&& !gui_menu_shown() && lv && !RECORDING && crop_preset != CROP_PRESET_1440p_700D && crop_preset != CROP_PRESET_3K_700D_FIXED)
{
patch_hook_function(CMOS_WRITE, MEM_CMOS_WRITE, &cmos_hook, "crop_rec: CMOS[1,2,6] parameters hook");
patch_hook_function(ADTG_WRITE, MEM_ADTG_WRITE, &adtg_hook, "crop_rec: ADTG[8000,8806] parameters hook");
patch_hook_function(ENGIO_WRITE, MEM_ENGIO_WRITE, engio_write_hook, "crop_rec: video timers hook");
update_patch();
set_zoom(5);
return 0;
}

These works for all 1x3 presets and 1920x1280p 1:1 preset.

Danne

MCChristor

1. When using adtg and after taking a picture the croprec doesn't work (changed resolution) especially the 5.7k mode. Do you know why @Danne? I guess it overrides some values.
2. A1ex developed a tool called mini_iso.mo but posted it nowhere. Does anyone here got it?

Danne

Yes, buggy or not working at all when using adtg_gui wirh crop_rec. Mostly I put in my rega directly in crop_rec and modify from there. What are you trying to do?

MCChristor

I achieved the iso 66 and 77 that a1ex mentioned for the 11.8EVs but only in photo mode. Since I'm new to programming in ml I really don't know how to put code somewhere. :D Do you know why lowering the iso to gain more dr did not get implemented by you and others? So many questions. Also I've got weird lines when using dual iso with +6 Stops. Can Post example later.

Edit: Everything should be on the 5D Mk3 Topic

amitkattal

I remember when Bilal introduced frtp modes he showed 4.3k as well as 4.5k mode with 2:39 aspect ratio. Eos m only have 4.3k and 4k UHD frtp modes . Is there a way to get the 4.5k frtp mode i.e 1504x1782?

Danne

I pushed this preset as far as I could on the eos m.

far.in.out

Please remind me. Can one shoot cropped H264 on eos m?
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

Walter Schulz

Define cropped.
You will find a digital zoom option (as in 600D) called cropped mode and 720p + 640x480.

far.in.out

I thought that cropped H264 means that you get a 1:1 picture (like RAW?) without line skipping and with less aliasing that is then compressed to H264.
Is that how it is? Or what is it about? What is the benefit of this cropped mode over native canon full sensor 1080p mode?
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

midnite

Hello everybody,

I am back after a very long break (my last post was in 2014 lol) with the cameras. I just wanted be a camera man once again and found my EOS-M in the junkyard side of my room.

I am really amazed that so many great stuff happened to the EOS-M/Magic Lantern since I left. Holy damn this cheap thing used to be considered junk now records 2.5k raw and rivals 5D MII/MIII, Black Magic etc...

I immediately wanted to try everything ML offers nowadays but then I realized that my 32gb Sandisk Extreme Pro from 2014 isn't that great anymore as It was impossible to overclock it above 160MHz (I got 66mb/s or 64mb/s in photo mode 160MHz If I remember right but 20mb/s on higher settings.) so I bought this card (samsung 256gb micro sd w:130mb/s) recently and I just benchmarked it on my EOS M in photo/playmode (240MHz) and It gave me 94mb/s. (77mb/s in192MHz)

How amazing is this now?

//

I am kind of confused with the 1080 raw mode though because no matter which card I use, I get crap pink stuff in my LCD view. Is this normal? Because this makes it impossible to focus.

Live View works fine with the 2.5k 1:1 centered (frtp too) preset btw. Is this normal?

Even If I can't make 1080p work, I am still going to be happy with the 2.5k raw I guess as it seems to me it is the most useful mode of this camera. (It is Zeek's favorite mode too)

Edit: 1080p 30/46/38 fps preset works with LV without a problem too. (and appears to have less crop than the 2.5k mode, maybe this preset is going to fit me better)

midnite

I also see that using a speedbooster on EOS-M makes 5D MarkII almost... unnecessary? Maybe I buy both 5DMkII as a backup and a speedbooster because why not. Haha. I always wanted to shoot with a FF camera but back in the day MkII and MkIII was so damn expensive. I can finally have one but now EOS-M already delivers what MkII does. Daym.

Zeek's: 5DMkII vs EOS-M video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE4SEqmuNqU

I am speechless.