Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

essbe

Tried that on both 240Mhz and 192Mhz, but did not work. I have returned the card and will try the normal SD-card size instead. It may be something with my camera as well. I only get about 79Mb/s with my sandisk extreme pro 64gb in play mode, but maybe that's normal. I have tried re-installing magic lantern on both card and camera, with the same result.

kolodiazniy

Quote from: essbe on October 26, 2022, 11:38:12 PM
I have tried re-installing magic lantern on both card and camera, with the same result.
ML is a software that loaded from the bootable memory card. Camera is irrelevant.

Walter Schulz

And still haven't lost a word about which build is used ...

kolodiazniy

Quote from: essbe on October 26, 2022, 11:38:12 PM
I only get about 79Mb/s with my sandisk extreme pro 64gb in play mode ...
What is "play mode"?

Walter Schulz

Start Benchmark and press Play button to access play mode.
In this mode you get numbers closest to physical limit because overhead by other tasks is largely surpressed.
Typical numbers in playmode are above 90 MByte/s writing to card. No chance to go that high actually recording.

essbe

Used Dannes latest build (october 06 I believe). I have the Kingston Canvas Go! plus 256gb on the way, will see what happens when that one arrives.

essbe

Ah sorry, didn't see your post Walter. I am away for the weekend, but I will look into that when I get back home.

kolodiazniy

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 27, 2022, 03:02:58 PM
Start Benchmark and press Play button to access play mode.

When I reading such answers there is a feeling it was left by the child.
And the correct answer is:
"Play mode is a mode when the system testing not only white speed but a read speed too".

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kolodiazniy on October 29, 2022, 10:02:30 AM
And the correct answer is:
"Play mode is a mode when the system testing not only white speed but a read speed too".
Card benchmark always tests write *and* read and mode doesn't matter in this regard.

kolodiazniy

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 29, 2022, 10:15:56 AM
Card benchmark always tests write *and* read

Hm. In my case it tests only write.
And I get the message "malloc error: buffer=16777216" in second string.

Walter Schulz

Known issue. Turn off RAW/MLV recording or unload mlv recording modules.

kolodiazniy

Thanks alot. Really works. But how it's related?!

essbe

Received the Kingston Canvas Go! Plus 256gb sd card now. Same results basically. It only works in 160MHz overclock for me, and gives benchmarks with read and write at about 59 MB/s, both in normal and play mode, so this is actually a bit worse. My Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb works in 240MHz but the benchmarks in play mode are 92/86/69/85 and 58/70/62/70 in normal mode. I am using build Nightly.2022Oct06.EOSM202. It also says "Mercurial changeset: 8a324688dbad" in the help folder, if that is relevant. Replacing with Bilal's module changes nothing. Just to see if I have done something worng: First I used low level format on card in camera, then I put the files from Dannes build in root of card, then I ran firmware update with card in camera.

pepper_chip

+ 1

On previous builds my canvas go 128 gb and 256 works in 160 mHz and 192 mHz overlooking and show 80 when Im recording recording,  with last build they works only on 160 mHz  :-[

theBilalFakhouri

@pepper_chip @essbe

Try changing Access Mode to SDR50, restart camera, does 192 MHz work again?
(try on Kingston Canvas Go! SD card)

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26634.msg240421#msg240421

essbe

Tried that, but it doesn't work. 160MHz works in both SDR50 and SDR104, but that's about it.

kolodiazniy

Quote from: essbe on November 02, 2022, 12:27:05 AM
My Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb works in 240MHz but the benchmarks ... 58/70/62/70 in normal mode.

So what speed are you waiting from Kingston Canvas Go! Plus ?

pepper_chip

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on November 02, 2022, 11:47:59 AM
@pepper_chip @essbe

Try changing Access Mode to SDR50, restart camera, does 192 MHz work again?
(try on Kingston Canvas Go! SD card)

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26634.msg240421#msg240421

Yeah, nothing change, 160 mHz works, another 192 mHz and 240 mHz shows low speed 20 21 mbs

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: pepper_chip on November 03, 2022, 06:25:20 PM
Yeah, nothing change, 160 mHz works, another 192 mHz and 240 mHz shows low speed 20 21 mbs

Have you tried this sd_uhs version:
Universal SD Overclocking module - DIGIC 5.zip

Same result?

essbe

Yes, I tried that one, with the same results.

Walter Schulz

Can't assist here ATM. Canvas Go! unreasonable priced here and deals seem to be non-existent.

kolodiazniy

elenhil

It's either a cash machine, or 'at the moment'. Suppose it's the latter here, though a 'cannot assist you-type ATMs' may soon become rather common, too :⁠-⁠)

Отправлено с моего SM-G965F через Tapatalk

essbe

I returned the Kingston canvas go! plus cards and bought a sandisk Extreme Pro 256gb microSDXC instead and now I get 91/86/91/86 in play mode and 75/70/75/70 in normal mode.