Author Topic: Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M  (Read 210765 times)

tupp

Re: Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M
« Reply #3175 on: June 19, 2022, 06:23:34 PM »
Any idea why I can't turn IS on on my eos m? My settings are pretty standard, I'm shooting in 5k frtp and 2.8k, tried different settings with/without fps override/shutter fine tuning or MF/AF. IS is of course enabled in Canon menu.

Which lens are you using?

There is no IBIS (In-Body Image Stabilization) with the original EOSM -- stabilization is in the lens.

fhewes14

• New to the forum
« Reply #3176 on: June 20, 2022, 11:31:37 AM »
Please check your unzip procedure.

I'm clicking "download repository" from Dannephoto bitbucket link,
Saving to my desktop, (66.3mb file, named "Dannephoto-magic-lantern_jip_hop_git-fd976067652d.zip")
Right clicking on zipped file,
Open with Archive Utility.

The resulting unzipped folder looks like this:

15 subfolders, and 13 other various files.

Where have I gone wrong?? Should I rename the enclosing (unzipped) folder as ML and just substitute this for the ML folder in the nightlybuilds download? Again, sorry if this is extremely obvious...

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #3177 on: June 20, 2022, 11:43:25 AM »
I'm clicking "download repository" from Dannephoto bitbucket link,
What you downloaded is the entire development data set for this particular build which can be used to edit/compile/build your own Magic Lantern flavour.

Please access first post in Danne's EOS M thread and use first download location only. https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25781.0
ML builds are less than 3 MByte, typically.
Latest build is named crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022May30.EOSM202.zip

fhewes14

• New to the forum
« Reply #3178 on: June 20, 2022, 09:48:12 PM »
Please access first post in Danne's EOS M thread and use first download location only. https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25781.0

Ah okay, I see my initial mistake now, thank you! However, clicking this link produces the following error:

This site can’t provide a secure connectionbbuseruploads.s3.amazonaws.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I am located in Istanbul, Turkey. Are there geographical restrictions on bitbucket maybe? I have tried from Safari, Chrome, and Brave

Edit: Successfully downloaded the file! I first downloaded Opera browser and used their builtin VPN. Seems like there is some sort of geographical restriction here, or maybe Turkish government is blocking bitbucket for some reason... Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for the help and patience!

feketeg

• New to the forum
« Reply #3179 on: June 24, 2022, 07:13:18 AM »
Which lens are you using?

There is no IBIS (In-Body Image Stabilization) with the original EOSM -- stabilization is in the lens.

Kit lens 18-55, IS enabled but in the preview menu the ML system says "no IS".

amitkattal

• New to the forum
« Reply #3180 on: June 29, 2022, 03:12:37 PM »
I have an issue where no matter what shutter speed i select. As soon as i press recording, the shutter goes into 1/30 and stays there while recording. Any ides why ots happening? I even tried shutter lock but this issue still happens.

Danne

• Developer
« Reply #3181 on: June 29, 2022, 04:50:27 PM »
Shutter fine-tuning?

amitkattal

• New to the forum
« Reply #3182 on: June 29, 2022, 05:55:42 PM »
Shutter fine-tuning?

Found the problem. It was the new tweak , lvface+aewb. If i select this then this issue happens. Lvface alone doesnt have it

Danne

• Developer
« Reply #3183 on: June 29, 2022, 06:13:10 PM »
Yes, correct.

amitkattal

• New to the forum
« Reply #3184 on: June 30, 2022, 04:49:02 AM »
Is there way to disable canon gui but have the focus box? Because in 5k frtp mode, if i want focus box and enable gui then cropmarks randomly wont appear and there is flashing in bottom area. Without gui, the flashing rarely happens but then cant get confirmation if press half shutter to focus.

lightspeed

• Freshman
« Reply #3185 on: June 30, 2022, 05:38:41 AM »
Yes. good idea.

lightspeed

• Freshman
« Reply #3186 on: June 30, 2022, 06:05:19 AM »
also when you press half shutter focus in 2.8k I get a lot of strange lines that slowly goes away.

Danne

• Developer
« Reply #3187 on: June 30, 2022, 06:44:06 AM »
Yes

amitkattal

• New to the forum
« Reply #3188 on: June 30, 2022, 09:36:00 AM »
Yes
Thats nice. And maybe make the focus box smaller? Is that possible too? Because in 5k frtp 2:35 mode, the 5x zoom makes focus box too large on already small preview

pepper_chip

• New to the forum
« Reply #3189 on: July 03, 2022, 11:07:19 AM »
Hi Danne, look, I'm experimenting with registers in advanced mode dropdown menu and found somesing interest with cmos6 register. When I set it in 0xe8d, refresh, and waiting for around 1-2 minutes vertical stripes from preview are gone, I'm record footage, then when I open it in MLV app and set to off any raw corrections I don't see any focus dots in Frame.

I'm not a developer, but maybe you can to recheck it and to do a testing build?

Example:
Regular 1080p, last build, 14 bits, fix focus dots is off, chroma smooth is off,bad pixel Mapp is off

And what I think, we try fixed not a Focus dots, its seems more like a Exposition Metter pixels, becouse if you look in front of sensor you see it.

cedricp

• New to the forum
« Reply #3190 on: July 07, 2022, 03:02:34 PM »
I use C-mount lenses in 2.5K mode on EOS-M, I really love that mode. I currently use the canon-gui arrrows to shift the crop area and center the lens, it's OK, but I was wondering if those X-Y shift values could be read from the camera registers, dumped in the crop_rec config file then restored at startup ?
It's something I can do if someone tell me how to do.

dpjpandone

• Senior
« Reply #3191 on: July 13, 2022, 12:51:13 AM »
Hey guys,

after a long hiatus I am back...

I picked up another M yesterday and I'm really pleased to see all the progress that's been made in the last few years. Previously I did some early development on the M and the 7d. I have not been active since 2017. A lot has changed. I could use some help getting back on my feet.

Is there an updated guide on how to setup the development environment on windows? I tried running through the original guide and a lot of the links are now dead.

The MLV app is only finding pixel maps for HD 1080p, where is the repository that has the maps for 5k anamorphic and other new modes?

cedricp

• New to the forum
« Reply #3192 on: July 13, 2022, 10:51:35 AM »
I use those maps successfully (5K anamorphic, 2.5K, 1080...): https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/tree/master/pixel_maps

gabriielangel

• Freshman
« Reply #3193 on: July 13, 2022, 11:42:24 PM »
About the focus pixel maps:
Launch MLV App while connected to the Internet. When you open your first EOS-M clip, the program will ask you if you want to download a map for the selected clip or all the maps. Those will be downloaded automatically once you make your choice.

dpjpandone

• Senior
« Reply #3194 on: July 14, 2022, 02:19:42 PM »
About the focus pixel maps:
Launch MLV App while connected to the Internet. When you open your first EOS-M clip, the program will ask you if you want to download a map for the selected clip or all the maps. Those will be downloaded automatically once you make your choice.
'

This is not working on multiple computers

"Update of focus pixel maps failed"

masc

• Contributor
« Reply #3195 on: July 14, 2022, 04:42:35 PM »
'
This is not working on multiple computers

"Update of focus pixel maps failed"
Then you block MLVApps internet connection on multiple computers. Check firewall and/or antivirus. Or install the maps manually. Find them on MLVApp repository.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

samzkri

• New to the forum
« Reply #3196 on: July 22, 2022, 08:43:33 AM »
Hello everyone,
What's the crop factor of 2.5k and 2.8k?

I remember Zeek saying it's 3~3.2x crop
but I'm seeing x5 crop in the menu?

Danne

• Developer
« Reply #3197 on: July 30, 2022, 05:40:57 PM »
Hi Danne, look, I'm experimenting with registers in advanced mode dropdown menu and found somesing interest with cmos6 register. When I set it in 0xe8d, refresh, and waiting for around 1-2 minutes vertical stripes from preview are gone, I'm record footage, then when I open it in MLV app and set to off any raw corrections I don't see any focus dots in Frame.

I'm not a developer, but maybe you can to recheck it and to do a testing build?

Example:
Regular 1080p, last build, 14 bits, fix focus dots is off, chroma smooth is off,bad pixel Mapp is off

And what I think, we try fixed not a Focus dots, its seems more like a Exposition Metter pixels, becouse if you look in front of sensor you see it.
Inreresting. Applies to other presets as well?

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #3198 on: July 30, 2022, 09:40:47 PM »
Hello everyone,
What's the crop factor of 2.5k and 2.8k?

I remember Zeek saying it's 3~3.2x crop
but I'm seeing x5 crop in the menu?

Answered in r/magiclantern

pepper_chip

• New to the forum
« Reply #3199 on: August 02, 2022, 07:30:24 PM »
Inreresting. Applies to other presets as well?

I'm stop experimenting with this cmos reg becouse waiting moderate my massage, look at data 03 July
Doesn't work in another modes/presets