Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

I assume this error is happening with and without ML. So not related to ML at all.
Buttons may fail. And if you want to repair it you have to disassemble your camera and repair or replace the faulty part.

Or return to sender and get a refund because you were not told about the error.

Danne

gabriielangel

Thanks for the replies! The issue is not related to ML at all.
Since everyone has an eos m here (Sometimes Several) I had a good chance of someone having heard about this kind of issue. I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace the cable @danne :)
I will have a word with the seller...

tupp

Does the Menu button not work at all or does it work intermittently?

There could be many causes of this problem.  There are threads on humidity/condensation and liquid intrusion possibly causing contacts to corrode on Canon switches.  Here is oneHere is another.

There are potential solutions posted in those threads, but you might try rapidly pressing the button about 10-20 times to see if it starts working again.

gabriielangel

@tupp I tried one of the tips in the links you posted, pressing the button about 50 times in quick succession made it work a few times. Now it works intermittently. It looks like there is a problem with the contact, as I can hear it click. Maybe some deoxit could do the trick. Looking at the video link Danne posted, it looks like it's not too much work. Will post results. Waiting for the seller to decide...

feketeg

Hey guys!

This is my first eos m footage. I struggled a lot with finding focus in bright sunlight as you can tell. I'm not completely satisfied with the final results, I made several mistakes. I couldn't manage to turn IS on the whole time, so I had to stabilize it in Davinci, thats why it is falling apart in some shots. I also noticed that in 5k frtp mode the AF focuses at the center of the screen and not the center of liveview. (I used MF btw)

I'd like to ask some advice from you guys with the following;
- any idea why I can't turn IS on?
- can I use the built in AF+MF function somehow when recording video? Or does AF reduces the write speed? Also; what AF settings do you recommend to use?
- why does the black crop jumping up and down after stabilization?

Any feedback more than welcomed in connection with footage.
The process was the following: MLV export as cDNG lossless, Davinci: correct input size, color grading, color space transform input/output gamma: BMD Broadcast Film Gen 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfkWp_SfY30

2blackbar

Quote from: Danne on April 27, 2022, 06:33:21 AM
Exact centering, at least to me, is hard to get. Cmos 5 and 7 maybe also modifying ratios could get you there.
Exact cenetering for C mount lenses is not that hard but the issue is on the side of adapters, not all adapters are centered identically, i have two and their center is different just a bit to unhide vignette in the corner one one and hide on another one  + some lenses vignette sooner and some later, lots of variables to take on, its just better to crop and leave as is.

feketeg

hey guys!

Any idea why I can't turn IS on on my eos m? My settings are pretty standard, I'm shooting in 5k frtp and 2.8k, tried different settings with/without fps override/shutter fine tuning or MF/AF. IS is of course enabled in Canon menu. I'm struggling with this since I'm expremineting with ML.

fhewes14

Hello all! First post on the ML forums, hopefully this goes through. I'm the proud new owner of an original EOS M and have been messing around with ML on it after successfully using ML for a couple of months on my 600D. I've been watching Zeek's YouTube videos, which led me here. I've successfully installed the ML build from the main site, which I've heard is outdated, and I can tell the features are quite limited compared to what Zeek posts on his channel. Now to the point:

I'm trying to install Danne's newest build, but when I unzip the folder on my Macbook, it looks like 15 or so folders and a number of individual files... other ML builds just show up as one ML folder, the autoexec.bin file, and the ML-SETUP.fir file... What am I missing here? How do I go about installing this new build? Sorry if this is too noob-ish of a question, or has been discussed before, as I mentioned earlier I'm very new to this whole world (ML is actually the first open-source project I've tried using), and am having some trouble getting off the ground.

Any help is much appreciated!  8)

Walter Schulz

This is file structure for extracted zip:
- ML (dir with subdirectories)
- autoexec.bin
- ML-SETUP.FIR (optional)

Please check your unzip procedure.

tupp

Quote from: feketeg on June 15, 2022, 08:23:28 AM
Any idea why I can't turn IS on on my eos m? My settings are pretty standard, I'm shooting in 5k frtp and 2.8k, tried different settings with/without fps override/shutter fine tuning or MF/AF. IS is of course enabled in Canon menu.

Which lens are you using?

There is no IBIS (In-Body Image Stabilization) with the original EOSM -- stabilization is in the lens.

fhewes14

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 19, 2022, 05:29:04 PM
Please check your unzip procedure.

I'm clicking "download repository" from Dannephoto bitbucket link,
Saving to my desktop, (66.3mb file, named "Dannephoto-magic-lantern_jip_hop_git-fd976067652d.zip")
Right clicking on zipped file,
Open with Archive Utility.

The resulting unzipped folder looks like this:

15 subfolders, and 13 other various files.

Where have I gone wrong?? Should I rename the enclosing (unzipped) folder as ML and just substitute this for the ML folder in the nightlybuilds download? Again, sorry if this is extremely obvious...

Walter Schulz

Quote from: fhewes14 on June 20, 2022, 11:31:37 AM
I'm clicking "download repository" from Dannephoto bitbucket link,
What you downloaded is the entire development data set for this particular build which can be used to edit/compile/build your own Magic Lantern flavour.

Please access first post in Danne's EOS M thread and use first download location only. https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25781.0
ML builds are less than 3 MByte, typically.
Latest build is named crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022May30.EOSM202.zip

fhewes14

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 20, 2022, 11:43:25 AM
Please access first post in Danne's EOS M thread and use first download location only. https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25781.0

Ah okay, I see my initial mistake now, thank you! However, clicking this link produces the following error:

This site can't provide a secure connectionbbuseruploads.s3.amazonaws.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I am located in Istanbul, Turkey. Are there geographical restrictions on bitbucket maybe? I have tried from Safari, Chrome, and Brave

Edit: Successfully downloaded the file! I first downloaded Opera browser and used their builtin VPN. Seems like there is some sort of geographical restriction here, or maybe Turkish government is blocking bitbucket for some reason... Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for the help and patience!

feketeg

Quote from: tupp on June 19, 2022, 06:23:34 PM
Which lens are you using?

There is no IBIS (In-Body Image Stabilization) with the original EOSM -- stabilization is in the lens.

Kit lens 18-55, IS enabled but in the preview menu the ML system says "no IS".

amitkattal

I have an issue where no matter what shutter speed i select. As soon as i press recording, the shutter goes into 1/30 and stays there while recording. Any ides why ots happening? I even tried shutter lock but this issue still happens.

Danne

amitkattal

Quote from: Danne on June 29, 2022, 04:50:27 PM
Shutter fine-tuning?

Found the problem. It was the new tweak , lvface+aewb. If i select this then this issue happens. Lvface alone doesnt have it

Danne

amitkattal

Is there way to disable canon gui but have the focus box? Because in 5k frtp mode, if i want focus box and enable gui then cropmarks randomly wont appear and there is flashing in bottom area. Without gui, the flashing rarely happens but then cant get confirmation if press half shutter to focus.

lightspeed

also when you press half shutter focus in 2.8k I get a lot of strange lines that slowly goes away.

Danne

amitkattal

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2022, 06:44:06 AM
Yes
Thats nice. And maybe make the focus box smaller? Is that possible too? Because in 5k frtp 2:35 mode, the 5x zoom makes focus box too large on already small preview

pepper_chip

Hi Danne, look, I'm experimenting with registers in advanced mode dropdown menu and found somesing interest with cmos6 register. When I set it in 0xe8d, refresh, and waiting for around 1-2 minutes vertical stripes from preview are gone, I'm record footage, then when I open it in MLV app and set to off any raw corrections I don't see any focus dots in Frame.

I'm not a developer, but maybe you can to recheck it and to do a testing build?

Example:
Regular 1080p, last build, 14 bits, fix focus dots is off, chroma smooth is off,bad pixel Mapp is off

https://youtu.be/LUw7P_xlGKI

And what I think, we try fixed not a Focus dots, its seems more like a Exposition Metter pixels, becouse if you look in front of sensor you see it.