Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEEK

Quote from: anto on April 17, 2022, 12:04:22 AM
I bought again an EOS M but I can't find a way to work with it, only HD 1080 works, the other setting frtp are freeze, no preview, can't even record. :(
What Build are you using? Make sure you're not shooting 30 FPS. Disable AF in Canon Menu or on lens. Disable FPS Override.
EOS M

anto

Quote from: ZEEK on April 17, 2022, 12:34:06 AM
What Build are you using? Make sure you're not shooting 30 FPS. Disable AF in Canon Menu or on lens. Disable FPS Override.

I think was the AF. it seams I solved now. First time using ML with AF lenses, idk

anto

focus peaking helps me to find some dead pixels on my new used EOS M.
can raw create dead pixel? if yes, there is some fix in MLVapp?
or its just my M sensor?

Danne

Common to find dead pixela.
masc coded a way to fix those pixels in mlv app.

Danne

gabriielangel

Quote from: Danne on April 14, 2022, 04:02:23 PM
Added a new version:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/downloads/

Includes these changes:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26443.0

Just tested crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022Apr18.EOSM202.zip

Works like the previous build, I get comparable results to my last test https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26443.msg238437#msg238437 (20 recorded clips).

On my end, the 2.5k Preset still gives pink frames when using hdmi with monitor, 2 times out of 3.
So, the monitor works fine with 5K frtp, 2K, 2.8k
And with a phone and capture dongle (Samsiung S8, LG V30, Hagbis Capture Dongle);2K, 2.5K and 2.8K work, no pink frames, but with 5K frtp, only the interface shows, not the video overlay. (The dongle has to be connected prior to turning the phone on for 2.5k and 2.8K to work)

It is worth noting that, on an hdmi monitor (or Phone with hdmi capture dongle),  the preview for 2.5K and 2.8k are uncentered crops of the actual recorded image. So unless you are recording a landscape or a general frame without any particular point of interest, there will be some randomness in your framing...

An ongoing related issue:

When enabling 7th ML Menu>LV Display Presets (2,3 or 4)
And then 3rd ML Menu>customized buttons>INFO selectable (OFF)

It is possible to use the INFO button to toggle between different Overlay presets (2nd ML Menu), to toggle Zebra or False Colors on and off, for example.

But then, the MENU Button stops giving the menu where you have access to the Aperture, Shutter and Audio Levels settings. It is possible to change 3rd ML Menu>customized buttons>gain (aperture only) to get access to the aperture, but we still lose shutter access and audio level settings. The MENU issue had been addressed at some point, but it seems like it is there again (has been like this for at least the past 3 builds).
False Colors and /or Zebra are a must to have consistency between takes. It would be nice to have a way not to have to go to the ML menu before each take to turn those off.

gabriielangel

Quote from: Danne on April 23, 2022, 10:25:28 PM
Thanks ZEEK.

Those are really nice images! The Black Mist filter adds a nice finishing touch to the image.

frejohg

Theres a new upload 23rd April. Whats updated? :)

Danne

Quote from: gabriielangel on April 23, 2022, 11:05:51 PM
Just tested crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022Apr18.EOSM202.zip

On my end, the 2.5k Preset still gives pink frames when using hdmi with monitor, 2 times out of 3.
So, the monitor works fine with 5K frtp, 2K, 2.8k

It is worth noting that, on an hdmi monitor (or Phone with hdmi capture dongle),  the preview for 2.5K and 2.8k are uncentered crops of the actual recorded image. So unless you are recording a landscape or a general frame without any particular point of interest, there will be some randomness in your framing...

An ongoing related issue:

When enabling 7th ML Menu>LV Display Presets (2,3 or 4)
And then 3rd ML Menu>customized buttons>INFO selectable (OFF)

It is possible to use the INFO button to toggle between different Overlay presets (2nd ML Menu), to toggle Zebra or False Colors on and off, for example.

But then, the MENU Button stops giving the menu where you have access to the Aperture, Shutter and Audio Levels settings. It is possible to change 3rd ML Menu>customized buttons>gain (aperture only) to get access to the aperture, but we still lose shutter access and audio level settings. The MENU issue had been addressed at some point, but it seems like it is there again (has been like this for at least the past 3 builds).
False Colors and /or Zebra are a must to have consistency between takes. It would be nice to have a way not to have to go to the ML menu before each take to turn those off.

You could ask ZEEK what settings he use for the 2.5k preset.

As said earlier. You can experiment with centre framing by tweaking cmos regs by tapping "presets" menu and enter "advanced". If you get better centering write your numbers here.

You could probably customize info button to select zebras etc. Don't have much time here to do this. Code for customization lies in crop_rec.c.
Not sure what the issues are you are describing wirh MENU. How is it suppose to work and is that working so with other eosm builds? Is it working with official nightly build for instance?

Danne

@gabriielangel
Here´s a crop_rec.mo which let´s you select INFO button and let´s you choose between Zebras or false color. Is this how you mean?
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/downloads/crop_rec.mo

gabriielangel

Quote from: Danne on April 24, 2022, 05:28:40 AM

You could probably customize info button to select zebras etc. Don't have much time here to do this. Code for customization lies in crop_rec.c.
Not sure what the issues are you are describing wirh MENU. How is it suppose to work and is that working so with other eosm builds? Is it working with official nightly build for instance?

The 2.5k issue seems to be device dependant. Like I said, it works on my phone-as-a-capture-device for 2K,2.5K,2.8K, and works with my monitor with 5KFRTP,2k,2.8k. I will ask Zeek, as he uses several different brands.

As a workaround for now, I start with 2.8K, or 3K preset (Which gives a larger but low fps preview) and lower the resolution from there.

Like I said in the post, it is possible to use the info button to select zebras, but the way I managed to make it work disables the functionality of the menu button (Without any programming that is, only using available functions). I will try to explain it clearly, the procedure takes less than a minute, so you can check the behavior when you have more spare time:

Press the MENU button once, you see the first menu
Press the MENU button a second time, you see the second menu.
Press Menu again and you are back to the  preview screen.

1-Now press trash can to get inside ML menu
2-Go to Prefs>LV Display Presets>select 2 (or 3, or 4)
3-Go to Movie>Customized buttons>INFO selectable>select OFF
4-Go to Overlay, to the top right corner, you will see DISP0 in gray.  Make sure that on this page, nothing is selected besides Global Draw.
5-Tap the screen once, you will see DISP1 in gray in the top right corner. On this page, select  Global Draw and False color.

Press Menu.
Now, pressing the INFO button toggles between False Color and a clean overlay. By selecting 3 or 4 in Step 2, and cycling between different DISP pages in step 5 (By tapping the display), you can use the INFO button to toggle between several different modes while in live view.

Press Menu. Now it goes straight to the second menu.
While it is possible to map the Aperture to the up/down buttons, you still lose shutter and Audio Levels settings(which are located in first menu. Shutter access is kinda needed, as switching presets and speed hacks often changes the shutter values.

This behavior has been there since at least the Feb042021 build (I can't go earlier than this, as I weren't an ML fan before that date :))

On a side note, with the latest build:

When enabling lvface+aewb, and keeping 1/50 shutter, no fine-tuning (Which doesn't matter if you do a static shot) It is possible to get at least 30 seconds of 12bit 2800x1172 23.976 with the 3K preset, and 10bit 21fps continuous-ish with the 5K ana flv.

Those two modes come in handy if you want to have a larger FOV and cannot move back.

gabriielangel

Quote from: Danne on April 24, 2022, 07:39:27 AM
@gabriielangel
Here´s a crop_rec.mo which let´s you select INFO button and let´s you choose between Zebras or false color. Is this how you mean?
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/downloads/crop_rec.mo

I will try it and report back tomorrow. Thanks!

Danne

Uploaded a new build which adds a few alternatives to INFO and tap display.

Regarding your description of conflicts with display function, Menu and INFO buttons I probably won´t change my mofications as they have been done for reasons working with this specific build. Probably possible to achieve same or similar or even better handling with customize button section.

gabriielangel

@Danne, didn't know I had my camera with me.
It works and it opens the door to many more possibilities! 
One should disregard my previous post completely, as the procedure won't be necessary, unless you want something very specific.

When using a hdmi monitor, Setting Customized buttons to:

x3crop toggle     Off
focus aid           Off
gain                  Aperture only
INFO selectable  INFO1
Tap display         Off

Gives You: up/dpwn buttons= Aperture control, circle knob= Shutter Control, INFO button= select dropdown (but you have to press info again after selecting the preset, to get to the preview).

Zoom, False color and Zebra will most likely be available on your monitor.

Without a monitor:

x3crop toggle     SET
focus aid           sticky push
gain                  Aperture only
INFO selectable  INFO4
Tap display         Tap display 01

Give you INFO button= false color on/off, up/down buttons= Aperture control, circle button= Shutter control and  Tap screen= dropdown menu selection.

The MENU button is now always working as expected, so no access is lost.
(The camera needs to be restarted after modifying all those settings, otherwise some things give unexpected results)

When using 5k Ana mode, the false color (or Zebras) doesn't cover the top part of the preview, so you just need to aim a little higher to check exposure there.

Thank you again. Once you get to understand how everything works, this camera gives some REALLY high quality images.

Danne

When using hdmi we could probably make use of the SET button too. Maybe add a hdmi customize section?
Could you describe some scenario which would be good here also using the SET button? Maybe switching between aperture and iso? Or false color, or something else?

So info button don´t get you straight to the dropdown list? Need to check some more here.

EDIT:
Added a new version which makes use of SET button under customize button.

gabriielangel

Regarding hdmi: (Of course, considering that Record fps and Higher resolutions means compromises have to be made)

If anyone knows what kind of signal is output for the live view, framing and interface,
It would allow us to look for the right capabilities when shopping for a monitor, as not every preset displays correctly on every brand.
On my end  for example, while 2K,2.5k,2.8K display correctly when using a phone; only 2K,2.8K and 5K display on my monitor (But with heavy crop)

In 5K ana (Not frtp), you get the whole frame preview, it is squeezed, but it takes the whole available space.
I do not own one, but the newest field monitors allow to unsqueeze (If you use an anamorphic lens).
Even though the interface text will be distorted, this could be an acceptable compromise, if getting a non zoomed crop preview is not possible, in the cropped  modes.

A hdmi customize section would be helpful as @Danne stated. If possible, ideally we would be able to have:

Choose between squeezed (Bigger Image, which could be unsqueezed on monitor)
and a smaller unsqueezed version, like the one we currently have for 5k frtp;

If bandwidth is limited, we could always have a low fps "Frame Correct" preview
Then press Star button (Or half-shutter press) to toggle between Cropped Realtime preview and Framing.
That way, if you need to keep an eye on framing, you can get low fps framing and just keep a consistent distance to the subject to maintain focus (And stop down a little to have more margin);
If you need to follow-focus, you use the center realtime crop.

The way it is now, the hdmi preview is heavily cropped and isn't centered, so it heavily limits its usefulness, As you don't know exactly what is included in the shot.
If Framing is technically non-feasible, then the crop needs to be centered, at least.

Especially when very sunny outside, a monitor is necessary, as even with full brightness (Which drains battery faster) it is not easy to focus on the small screen.
Insigna makes a stick-on hood to put on the eos-m screen, but it gets in the way when using a gimbal.

Regarding Centering:

The presets also need to be centered (Center part of the sensor) when possible, as vignetting, "Maintain Framing when zooming" and peripheral sharpness aren't consistent across presets.
I am aware that a lot of users are into Landscape / Nature / Vacation type shootings, where that stuff isn't too obvious.
But I have seen a few reviews on Youtube blaming those issues on the Lenses and Filters.
With a well performing lens (ef-m 32mm, Sigma), not too obvious, but with a Vintage (Helios and al...)

Right Now:
5k frtp: Lower portion of sesnor is scanned, slightly off center
2K:Leaning towards bottom, leaning towards right
2.5K: Almost centered, leaning towards right
2.8k: When first loading the preset, top and  left heavy. Press menu twice, goes to lower portion slightly to the  left.

I tried changing the CMOS registers, didn't succeed, as the steps are quite coarse, then I got a black screen.

To verify, you can (Use a Zoom Lens):
1-  Start up bypassing ML (Hold Set while powering on) to get a center reference, check zoom.
2-  Restart, In ML, enable  Overlay>Cropmarks, select CrssMtr2.bpm, then have a look at the different presets and check zoom behaviour and peripheral sharpness.

Danne

All your saying are valid points. Most stuff have been tried to be fixed at some point although hdmi probably hasn't been explored as heavily as  other areas yet.

Exact centering, at least to me, is hard to get. Cmos 5 and 7 maybe also modifying ratios could get you there.

I would like a detailed description how correct display is working over a phone? What program is used, connectors etc.

Regarding customized buttons. There are a few possibilities now for INFO and SET. Would be nice to hear what people in general would use shortcuts for.

gabriielangel

Quote from: Danne on April 27, 2022, 06:33:21 AM
I would like a detailed description how correct display is working over a phone? What program is used, connectors etc.
Sorry about that, I had to edit my post to keep it slimmer :)

Phones Tested: LG V30 and Samsung S8 (Both work identically, OTG must be enabled if it isn't already)

Capture Dongle: Hagibis UHC06
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003578647111.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.f3207226CSULaS&algo_pvid=8c9ae453-45ca-47af-ba6d-ac2e82e713c0&algo_exp_id=8c9ae453-45ca-47af-ba6d-ac2e82e713c0-0&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000026355134132%22%7D&pdp_npi=1%40dis%7CCAD%7C%7C19.77%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%402101d91e16510716307594707e6967%7C12000026355134132%7Csea

You will need something like this so you can connect a powerbank to the phone (Battery drains fast)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003377144632.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.ae4559faZe23kH&algo_pvid=342ea171-bf60-4bd0-b33f-c7e3888dea9b&algo_exp_id=342ea171-bf60-4bd0-b33f-c7e3888dea9b-0&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000025498967128%22%7D&pdp_npi=1%40dis%7CCAD%7C%7C6.38%7C%7C%7C2.19%7C%7C%400b0a556016510717328135199ef60b%7C12000025498967128%7Csea

Android App: USB Camera (Free Version)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shenyaocn.android.usbcamera&hl=en_CA&gl=US

Connected with a Straight 1 meter Mini hdmi to hdmi 1080P hdmi 1.4 Cable.

From my Previous Post:
When using a capture dongle with a phone and usb camera, the dongle needs to be connected to the phone BEFORE powering it on. That way, 2K, 2.5K and 2.8K presets work (But the screen shows only part of the actual recorded image). When changing presets, resolution, etc, the EOS-m needs to be restarted. Edit: This seems to be fixed, will test some more. My hdmi monitor (Asus) doesn't work with 2.5K (At any aspect ratio), but some people got their monitors working when using a 16:9 ratio) Edit: With the April 26 2022 Build, Pink Frames at 2.5k ARE GONE! (5 clips recorded). Maybe we could post working configurations in a dedicated thread to make it easier for everyone... My USB camera Video Format settings are: MJPEG, 1920x1080 60p (important, otherwise the screen may be blank)

Screenshots of the phone and monitor outputs: (Taken with this build: crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022Apr26.EOSM202.zip)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zWw8YD_cvj_PawmkjybyozBM20lQokAf/view?usp=sharing

Danne

Thanks for posting your workflow around using a phone.

Quote from: gabriielangel on April 27, 2022, 05:44:10 AM
end  for example, while 2K,2.5k,2.8K display correctly when using a phone; only 2K,2.8K and 5K display on my monitor (But with heavy crop)
Define display correctly using a phone? Full real time view? Framing? Cropped view?

gabriielangel

Quote from: Danne on April 27, 2022, 07:31:30 PM
Thanks for posting your workflow around using a phone.
Define display correctly using a phone? Full real time view? Framing? Cropped view?

With yesterday's build:

Phone:

5k: Doesn't display preview, only the interface shows (See the screenshots I linked in my previous post)
2k: Full realtime preview
2.5K: Realtime crop
2.8k: Realtime crop

Monitor:
5k: Full Realtime Preview
2k: Full realtime preview
2.5K: Realtime crop
2.8k: Realtime crop

The state remains the same whether you are recording or not (As opposed to the display turning into Grayscale framing when recording on the 2.8k preset on eos-m display, for example)

2.5K Preview crop (Estimate)
M27-1356-frame-1-2500x" border="0
2.8K preview crop (Estimate)
M27-1357-frame-1-2800x" border="0

gabriielangel

Some Test Results

Test Parameters:

Build: crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022Apr27.EOSM202
Monitor: Asus PB278Q Hdmi in, hdmi 1.4 cable
Phone: LG V30
Capture App: USB Cam (MJPEG 1920x1080 60P)

2 one minute clips and 3 30seconds clips per Ratio/Bitdepth for 5kfrtp with/without monitor

60 clips total with varying presets and bit depths  for 2K,2.5k,2.8k,5kana,5kflv  with/without monitor

Shooting straight at  a lightbulb to make it fill half the frame (Slightly clipping), pan left-right to help spot skipped frames.

5Kfrtp:

Works in 16:9, 2:35 and 2:39 ratios
10,12 and 14bits, continuous
16:9 now gives continuous recording (Did not with yesterday's build)
Half-Shutter and Star Button gives a Zoom. Works with Sticky enabled or not.

I got a few black previews when starting up the camera without hdmi monitor.  (You see the interface, but nothing in preview). Restart Required. I Wasn't able to reproduce the issue on demand.

While recording, using the monitor, there are occasional flashing bars on the external side of the Live View. It does not affect the recording and is fixed by pressing MENU twice.

2.5K 2520x1418: When using the Monitor, I get Pink frames. Sometimes, there are black  blank spots on the screen, which are not as apparent as pink frames. 
2.5K Centered: You never get pink frames, but some of the clips have the black spots.
If what changed is not obvious to you, let me know and I will go back to the April 26 build to check if I only got lucky when I did not get any.
Edit: I checked the files recorded with the April 26 Build, some showed the occasional black spots on the image.

When using the phone (3 recordings), I did not get pink frames.
Edit: Did 5 more recordings, the image is always corruption-free.

About 3x crop and focus aid options in Customized Buttons:

When using 2.5k Preset  with hdmi monitor: The x3 and focus aid options cannot be changed (Remains Off) Looks like you've put a safeguard there.

When Using 2.5k Preset with  the Phone:The options can be selected, and even when selected, the preview displays correctly and recording is free of corruption.
Also, the Star and Half-Shutter button work and give a zoom in, zoom out when you release (Or press again if sticky is enabled).

2K, 2.8K: Nothing new to report

5K ana and 5k flv:

I tested 10bits and 12bits and various resolutions. It is possible to get 5k flv (Set 25fps ON) 1520x1906 10bit @23.976 2.39:1 for at least 1 min (Stopped Myself). 
I need to run resolution tests to see if those extra pixels are actually worth the effort...
Every recording was corruption-free.
Half-shutter and Star button work like 5k frtp

About rewiring the SET Button:

when i load one of the cropped presets, If I use the SET button for the dropdown presets,, it goes to the presets list found on top of the movie tab.
The 5Kfrtp preset works as expected, it goes to the "Tap display" presets when I hit SET.

About the half-shutter Focus aid button:

1-Try loading the H264 tap preset, Check.
2-Then turn Raw video on, Check. The process is slower than step 1, but snappier than 5k frtp. Maybe this can be a hint, maybe not.

Danne

Thanks for reports. Will take a look once in a while when I get more time again.

anto

BatchGordon

The latest releases are really great, thanks to Danne!

I don't have suggestions about shortcuts for the buttons INFO and SET, but about the gain button, there's a limitation that perhaps can be avoided.
When dual iso is enabled the gain buttons gets always disabled.
That's perfectly understandable if the gain buttons are set to control iso value, but maybe if set to "aperture only" they don't need to be disabled.
I could be missing the whole point, anyway...

gabriielangel

Tests for crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022Apr30.EOSM202

Presets tested 2K, 2.5K, 2.8k, 5K Ana frtp.

Monitor: Asus PB278Q Hdmi in, hdmi 1.4 cable
Phone: LG V30
Capture App: USB Cam (MJPEG 1920x1080 60P)

Hello Everyone, (And thank you Danne)
I tested the latest build and here are my findings:

This build is a lot more stable than the previous ones: very few camera restarts were required.
One tip for smoother operation is to give the cam time to  operate and reconfigure between button presses.
If you experience something weird (More Below) A camera Restart and Reloading the preset fixes it.

1- 2.5k 1:1 Centered hdmi can be used with an hdmi monitor, or without, (Phone works with 2.5k 1:1 Centered or the default 2.5k preset), without pink frames. But the preview on screen makes it not very usable.
With hdmi, Only 5k Ana frtp gives an  accurate representation of what is being recorded (A few screenshots below)

2-One time Autofocus works better, and can come in handy, once you get a feel for it.

When setting the cam to AF, you can autofocus with the half-shutter button and record. It is not continuous and it may let you refocus only once during the recording.
The best way I found to use it is to press and hold the set button to get to sticky-zoom, Aim, hold half-shutter until focus, keep holding for 1 second, release and it goes back to the preview. You then press record. Can be handy if it is very bright outside and you cannot see the screen properly.

AF+MF behaves like AF. Maybe you could send a dummy MF signal so that it releases the Autofocus after focus confirm, so we could have the option to manually adjust from there, if needs be.

After a few uses, the AF stops giving the confirmation beep, but is still finds the spot.

The results are not always as sharp as if you do it yourself, but it has been usable in every test I did.

Sometimes the screen displays Vertical green lines or gets corrupted. Camera Restart is then required.

3-Half-Shutter button and STAR button work faster and more consistently when used for X10 Zoom.

When used in MF mode, as long as you do not rush the keypresses, both buttons work reliably and as expected. If you press and relase too quick, you may have to do it twice.

4-The Framing / Preview function works reliably across every preset tested.
When using the eos-m screen, what you see in framing is what you get.
Exception: The 5K Ana frtp preset must be used in preview mode. (it says frtp in the title so...)
In framing, the image on screen is shifted downwards, but it records the framing you get in preview.

5-Sometimes, the x10 zoom "Gets lost" somewhere off-center (You may not realize what part of the image you are looking at if shooting a row of flowers or a forest with few distinctive visual cues, for example.
I could not reproduce the issue every time, but there is a screenshot below. Most times it zooms-in close enough to the center.

6- I had a white screen on power up on 2 occasions (Preset reload fixed it). I cannot reproduce it on demand.

7-Recording times are in line with my previous tests, except for the 2.8k preset, I were able to get 14bit 23.976 fps, 2608x1092, at least 1 minute (2022April 10 build).
Now I need to set it to 12 bits to get 1 minute+

Hdmi Monitor and Phone

The chart , a DIY chart made with water bottle wrappers :) (Nice patterns to check for moiré and lots of little characters)
00-Setup" border="0

The Recorded Output, 2.5k Centered hdmi preset:
01a-Output-M02-2103-hdmi-Mon-2-5k-Centered-Hdim-12bit" border="0

What we see on the phone-as-a-monitor:
01b-Phone-Monitor-2-5k11-Centered-Hdmi" border="0

What we see on the Asus hdmi monitor:
01c-hdmi-Monitor-2-5k11-Centered-Cropmark" border="0

I won't post every screenshot to save space, but what we see on the monitors is always a cropped version of the final image; sometimes centered, sometimes not.

Only the 5k Ana frtp preset displays the whole image, but it doesn't work when using the phone. In the latter case, only the interface displays and the preview is scrambled.

x10 Zoom

The recorded output
02a-Output-M02-1934-EOSM-2-5-K-12bit" border="0

What we see on the Eos-m
02b-EOSM-Screen-2-5k11-Centered" border="0

What I saw when I zoomed in (Star Button or Shutter Half-Press)
02c-EOSM-Screen-2-5k11-Centered-Zoomed-In-1st-Trial" border="0

It often displays an area close to the center (Easier to notice when on a tripod). Also, if I use the invisible arrows on the tap screen to navigate to a region of interest, the next time I zoom in it will display the default area, and on a subsequent press, the arrow-navigated area.

Edit: With the latest Build, crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2022May04.EOSM202_test.zip, the zooming has been greatly enhanced. It now always land close to the center and doesn't get lost anymore. It is also more responsive.

Not Exclusive to this build: Image Quality

When recording surfaces with a lot of details (Hair, Fur, certain surfaces), some quasi-static dots appear over those areas. It sometimes make the image look "dirty". Changing debayer type sometimes improves it a bit, but there are always traces left. If I take a picture, those artifacts do not appear.
Is there a parameter that can be tweaked to make the sensor scanning more precise? (Even if it is at the expense of some resolution)

Example 5k Ana frtp
03a-Example-M02-2016-EOSM-5-KAna-Frtp-12bit" border="0

03c-Crop-Example-M02-2016-EOSM-5-KAna-Frtp-12bit" border="0

Example 2.5k
02a-Output-M02-1934-EOSM-2-5-K-12bit" border="0

A link to the mlv file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zV7A2JUXOpxUrt-ewXol6s-eiM6BhBjB/view?usp=sharing

Also, maybe this is only anecdotal, but when installing a new build, the camera needs an on/off cycle before working with consistency.