Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctfire

hello everyone, is anyone know how to make process of converting dual iso mlv videos quicker than MLVAPP is converting on my windows PC it takes 1 minute for 1 sec of dual iso video

masc

Quote from: ctfire on November 01, 2020, 12:16:51 PM
hello everyone, is anyone know how to make process of converting dual iso mlv videos quicker than MLVAPP is converting on my windows PC it takes 1 minute for 1 sec of dual iso video
Open as many instances of MLVApp as you have CPU cores, and render in parallel. No faster processing available. Current DualIso algorithms are single threaded.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Gotflores

Quote from: Danne on October 13, 2020, 12:36:29 PM
Don't think older builds works better. If so it would be good if you could present these two builds compared. Would be good also to test against an official build but right now there's simply too many variables not tested to draw any conclusions.
On a general level, thanks for feedback. If we want this fixed more work is waiting...

Hello, I actually wanted to mention that I recently got the builds that Zeek shared, and the Monitor issue is also persisting for my monitor (feelworld 4k) as well. I have to reset it about 5-10 times before it gets stable, but notice that the live view while on the monitor appears to be zoomed in, than when compared to the liveview through the camera LCD. Was wondering what I might be able to provide to see what the issue might be with the EOS M and monitor setup?

IDA_ML

Can someone please give me a link to the latest EOS-M focus pixel maps?  Thanks.

Pacerx999

masc

Quote from: IDA_ML on November 04, 2020, 11:09:51 PM
Can someone please give me a link to the latest EOS-M focus pixel maps?  Thanks.
You also find them in the MLVApp repos.
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/tree/master/pixel_maps

If you use the latest revision of MLVApp, it auto-installs all needed maps. So you never need any link again ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8CSpHnCpK0
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Is it poossible to do update check with checksum instead of timestamp? Or even simple name matching would be suffuicient? Right now I need to update files although I always have my latest pack of focus pixel maps.

IDA_ML

Thanks, Masc., very useful video.  In fact, I was aware of it but I am not sure that the focus pixel map repository gets updated every time new resolutions are implemented in the latest builds.  I experienced this several times already when working with the latest build of the 100D.  On some of the resolutions, I don't get focus pixels and everything works fine.  On others, I do have them and have to clean them up manually using the Chroma smooth feature.  And since I also use MLVFS a lot, I prefer to 
download and manually install the entire FPM package.  MLVFS automatically applies the required fpm files to the footage and works perfectly OK. 

masc

@Danne: we check with sha checksum, and install if it isn't identical to the installed map (if it already exists).
@IDA_ML: all existing maps are in this repository. If it is not there, you'll problably won't find it on another place.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: masc on November 05, 2020, 10:17:20 AM
@Danne: we check with sha checksum, and install if it isn't identical to the installed map (if it already exists).
Strange. I have to check more carefully then. Thanks.

IDA_ML

Quote from: masc on November 05, 2020, 10:17:20 AM
@IDA_ML: all existing maps are in this repository. If it is not there, you'll problably won't find it on another place.

The reason I asked was that, testing the new 1280x2160 anamorphic resolution in the latest EOS-M build, I noticed focus pixels on MLV-files recorded at that preset.  When I manually installed the package from the link in post #4642, the focus pixels were gone in both: MLVApp and MLVFS.

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Anyway, problem solved.  Thanks to all of you.

lind777

Has anyone succeeded in importing MLV files from the camera over USB (leaving the card in the camera)? I'm on Arch but run macOS and Win as well, and would be happy with any sketch of a solution.

The reason is I am using a cage and external battery solution that partially blocks the battery/card lid.

Thank you all,
L

Danne

I think it´s possible to rename the extension from .mlv to .cr2 and it will be recognized. If so a lua script could be created to rename all mlv files temporarily during export.

lind777

Woooowww! That would be absolutely amazing! So, if renamed, would it even be visible via regular MTP browsing?

lind777

In Linux, libptp2 gives access to a lot of very useful functions for listing and manipulating the contents of the card in-camera.

~ >>> ptpcam -o

Listing supported operations...
Camera: Canon EOS M
  0x1001: GetDeviceInfo
  0x1002: OpenSession
  0x1003: CloseSession
  0x1004: GetStorageIDs
  0x1005: GetStorageInfo
  0x1006: GetNumObjects
  0x1007: GetObjectHandles
  0x1008: GetObjectInfo
  0x1009: GetObject
  0x100a: GetThumb
  0x100b: DeleteObject
  0x100c: SendObjectInfo
  0x100d: SendObject
  0x100f: FormatStore
  0x1014: GetDevicePropDesc
  0x1015: GetDevicePropValue
  0x1016: SetDevicePropValue
  0x91d5: UNKNOWN
  0x101b: GetPartialObject
  0x9101: UNKNOWN
  0x9102: UNKNOWN
  0x9103: UNKNOWN

...as well as listing battery level, and surely some more (less documented) useful stuff.

If we can get the MLV files renamed in-camera, I could contribute some useful scripts, or possibly even a simple GUI app to navigate all this.

Thoughts?

P.S Windows already has PTP/MTP support built in, so windows user could just drag/drop the .cr2 files and rename them to .mlv

lind777

This could all be user error, but after some preliminary testing: just renaming the files doesn't seem to make them appear. I renamed MLV files manually to .cr2, .png and .jpg and none of them appear in PTP file browsing.

The PTP spec documentation states that "...while it is common to think of the objects that PTP handle as files, they are abstract entities identified solely by a 32-bit object ID."

Maybe there is a file header block one could script to be modified instead, and keep the file name?
L

BatchGordon

Hello, I need some help!  :(
I'm unable to get the resolution 1504x1782 (1x3) starting from the 5K anamorphic frtp preset.
It should be possible since it has been described here: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25323.msg230933#msg230933 and I was able to get it with older releases.
I'm currently using Danne build of 27 October.

Another question: how to disable the function to take a picture/snapshot while in movie recording mode?
Thank you for any suggestion.

Danne

Why ask here when those presets were built by for other cameras? I can´t find his code either so hard to check sources.

BatchGordon

Nevermind.
I just asked because it seemed to me that I tried that resolution (in frtp) with a previous build and so I thought I now was not able anymore to set it up correctly.

Danne

Ok. I asked the preview wizard for that code. A little more width if possible can't hurt.

bern047

Waiting in anticipation as I have the 700D, the forum hasn't updated any news on the this, I also have the EOS M and thanks for the tremendous progress on this great little camera, a joy to use

Walter Schulz