Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinh23.976

Quote from: Emyoss on August 12, 2020, 04:56:31 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a beginner in the world of photography and I'm having problems with the ML installed on my EOS-M. First of all :

I have installed and reinstalled several versions of ML but each time, it's impossible for me to shoot more than in "1080p" ( 1736x976 & 1736x738 ) in fact, when I shoot in 2k 3k 4k etc. the screen becomes weird full of glitch, well as I want to film in RAW ; it's a problem, but not the worst!

The real problm is : when I want to do the auto-focus by pressing the main button, the camera thinks I want to take a picture (even when I don't press it, half press) what happens then is the worst bug: the screen goes crazy, and it even happened that it doesn't want to restart before I remove the battery ...

Any help would be appreciated, if other people have had this kind of experience don't hesitate to tell me how you managed to fix it.

Specs :

My hardware: Canon EOS-M + Pancake Ef-M 22mm, SD card: SDXC SanDisk Extreme PRO 64 GB, 170 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30.

My current version of ML: Last Danne's version

First of all...thanks Danne, a1ex, Wultz, Zeek, other developers and all of you the fans of ML Raw on EOS M. You guys are making this community so amazing!

I luckily found an M in my hometown (Saigon, Viet Nam) and finally start using it to produce .mlv raw video. But I still got some problems and start finding out the anwers myself in this topic.

I seems got the same problems with this homie so if anyone can help us with some trick, please tell.

Have a nice day/good night everyone!

M fanboy

Danne

Turn off auto focus. Not really working with movie recording.
Turn off focus aid under customized buttons if you want control over halfshutter.

felinefurnishings

Because of the my previous post.  Learning that turning on Global Draw Kill increases performance, I ran 8 test runs on differing exFAT allocation unit sizes.  If you format an SD card, low level format in Windows 10...that is you turn off "quick format", the SD card will heat up and you can burn up the card, so don't do that... I realized that just after I started a low level format...

The parameters I used were: Aug 11th build (the one with the CMD1, CMD2....presets), 160 overclock and 192 overclock, 12 bit depth, CMD1 (1080p, max RAW), sound recording OFF, Global Draw Kill ON, 29.*** FPS.  I used the 170/MBs Extreme Pro SD card, 128gig. 

Last, the numbers I am relaying are from me watching the Green Camera..the numbers do go up and down a bit, so they are approximate, my main goal was to identify the best numbers after the camera was running for a while, because when the camera first starts the numbers are fluctuating, ... These are not Benchmark run tests, because I haven't looked into that subject matter yet..

AUS 2048
160 overclock.....  44.3-44.4   4 % Idle
192 overclock       44.6-44.8   3-4 % Idle

AUS 4096
160 overclock..... 45.6-45.8    6-7 % Idle
192 overclock      45.4-45.5     6-7 % Idle

AUS 8196
160 overclock....  45.3           6 % Idle
192 overclock      45.4-45.7    6 % Idle

AUS 16384
160 overclock......45.7-45.8    6 % Idle
192 overclcok      45.6-45.7     6 % Idle

So, I am going with 4096 allocation units on the SD card.  A 6-7% Idle, in my opinion, points to the best throughput. 

Danne

Latest build and 192Mhz setting with sandisk 170Mb/s is probably a safe bet.

thinh23.976

Quote from: Danne on September 01, 2020, 06:14:27 PM
Turn off auto focus. Not really working with movie recording.
Turn off focus aid under customized buttons if you want control over halfshutter.

Wow Danne you're the best. That tips solved my problems! Thank you! Hope the homie Emyoss will solve this, too
M fanboy

felinefurnishings

From within ML, it's a couple of menu presses to get to the normal EOS-M menus, where the ISO can be changed.  But, I cannot find in ML where or how to change, tune, override, set the ISO.  The Expo. Override in the EXPO menu works on setting shutter, but is there a similar option for ISO ?

drkim

Kind of a weird question:
I'm using my EOS-M sometimes with a magnetic viewfinder attached over the display, and also sometimes porting the display via HDMI to a large monitor.

Is there a way to do a 'screen touch' from one of the buttons, when I can't actually touch the screen? (like for triggering a custom white balance, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Danne

Under customized buttons you can select info button to open up menu or preset short cuts etc. There are a few more things you can customize in there.

Danne

Test build:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2020Sep12.EOSM202_frtp_hdmi.zip

Commit:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/commits/f7e7ce129dfe055070e2012982edc83f50e8e9bd#chg-modules/crop_rec/crop_rec.c

Experimental build exploring real time preview in x5 zoom mode. All code from here:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25287.msg230595#msg230595

Also this post:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25323.msg230688;topicseen#msg230688

As image suggests frtp=full real time preview. The hdmi preset should be used when monitor attached(didn´t test myself). These presets only works with 2.5k x5 zoom mode.

Early stages. What you see in frtp mode is a smaller portion of the x5zoom. What is missing is shown as a black border on the right. Bottom part will be scrambled.
If image flicker push menu button a few times. All issues and findings please post in the liveview investigation thread. Link above.
Thanks to @theBilalFakhouri for doing all the hard work on this.

2blackbar

I downloaded it but i dont have as many startup presets on the list, besides what was on that list since 6 months i see only new 2.8k is there from month ago but nothing more and theres no frtp preset on that list, its definitely shorter, like 6 presets.
Do i need to unlock them ?

Danne

Not from the fast preset list. Instead push set button standing on preset to reach the full list. A few more goodies on there if you never been in there ;).

2blackbar

Ok ihave it, that neew preview works , framing is the same as in "framing" preview mode just that black bar is there, but it is better than choppy "preview" one even now, you can center subject properly, will we get it for 2.8k mode as well ?

felinefurnishings

Intervalometer, Auto WB, Dual_Iso, 11 Presets.....How do you do it, Danne....exceptional

Danne

hehe, I am mostly a code "polisher" but thanks. Hope you enjoy the build.

turnlemons2lemonade

Wow, I'm in holiday but f&$& it I have the EOS M with me and will load this straight away.

seguracine

hola tengo la eos M6 mark II   me gustaria grabar a 3840x1600 ¿sabes ai hay algun sotfware?
[email protected]

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: seguracine on September 11, 2020, 02:26:49 PM
hola tengo la eos M6 mark II   me gustaria grabar a 3840x1600 ¿sabes ai hay algun sotfware?
[email protected]

Hola,
No hay Magic Lantern para la EOS M6 II, no puedes grabar videos a 3840x1600 . .

thinh23.976

Quote from: Danne on September 10, 2020, 03:00:03 PM
Test build:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2020Sep10.EOSM202_frtp_hdmi.zip

Commit:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/commits/f7e7ce129dfe055070e2012982edc83f50e8e9bd#chg-modules/crop_rec/crop_rec.c

Experimental build exploring real time preview in x5 zoom mode. All code from here:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25287.msg230595#msg230595

Also this post:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25323.msg230688;topicseen#msg230688

As image suggests frtp=full real time preview. The hdmi preset should be used when monitor attached(didn´t test myself). These presets only works with 2.5k x5 zoom mode.

Early stages. What you see in frtp mode is a smaller portion of the x5zoom. What is missing is shown as a black border on the right. Bottom part will be scrambled.
If image flicker push menu button a few times. All issues and findings please post in the liveview investigation thread. Link above.
Thanks to @theBilalFakhouri for doing all the hard work on this.

Awesome, Danne! Gonna check it out later.
M fanboy

drkim

Quote from: Danne on September 07, 2020, 09:36:08 AM
Under customized buttons you can select info button to open up menu or preset short cuts etc. There are a few more things you can customize in there.
Hey Thanks Danne, I couldn't find the customized buttons menu.
Is it under something else?

HugoMouteira

Quote from: Danne on September 10, 2020, 08:46:09 PM
hehe, I am mostly a code "polisher" but thanks. Hope you enjoy the build.

Hello Fam!
I'm looking forward to get an EOS M until the end of this year, just to start practicing with some shots for youtube, because of the jawdropping quality of this 2012 paired with Danne's ML builds.

But whenever I try to acces Danne's builds in bitbucket.org, I always get the followin error "That link has no power here
Return to the previous page or go back to your dashboard".

Can anyone help me?

Regards

darthvim

Quote from: thinh23.976 on September 12, 2020, 10:47:32 AM
Awesome, Danne! Gonna check it out later.

This is already amazing, that's all what I was dreaming of :) - Thank you all so much!

swordsmasterxii

Hi Guys,

What's the best way to use dual iso? I tried in 3k but still getting a lot of aliasing.

ctfire

hi everyone, it will be marvelous if someone could make a properworking high framerate mode at least 46 fps in 16:9

Mojofunkster

Anyone know how to get these two things to work consistently?

1. Clean HDMI

2. Not auto powering off

I have to power the camera off and on about 30 times to get it to have clean HDMI and then I have to hope that it doesn't stop sending signal after 30 min. It's driving me crazy.

I have overlays turned off, and sticky half shutter turned on. Is there something I'm missing?