Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Quote from: Probgoblin on July 27, 2020, 11:52:18 PM
I've tried MLV App and MLVProducer (which gives an out of memory error when trying to open the file. I'll give it a shot with MLVFS if this attempt fails.
Tty convert to dng with my linked windows workflow.

Tullen

Quote from: amitkattal on July 26, 2020, 06:20:48 PM
Can anyone get usb video capture card to work on Eos M ?I tried but it doesnt work in mcm1080 mode but weirdly works in mcm1080 48fps mode

I don't have any experience myself, but I think I have seen quite some discussion about this in the MLV RAW ON EOS M facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/375018026655820

oggy96

Hello everyone, yesterday i got myself a canon eos m for live streaming in a budget. I install ML on it and connected to my laptop via capture card.

The problem is, in the 'video mode' i can't get any feed from camera to my capture card but when i switch to 'manual photo' mode i'm able to see the camera screen on my capture device but with a weird aspect ratio (image looks 16:9 but like it's streched out to sides)

I'm trying to make live stream with the eos m but i couldn't figure out how to get at least 'okay' quality out of it.

First photo: Feed from Capture card to OBS
Second photo: Original photo taken by camera

Probgoblin

Quote from: yokashin on July 28, 2020, 05:52:24 AM
I only open 70 GB files on a desktop computer with windows 10 and 16 GB of RAM. Laptop with Windows 8 and 4 GB of RAM, unfortunately, does not open them. In both cases, I have a lot of disk space.
I have 32gb RAM on this box and no joy, even after moving the files to an SSD.

Quote from: Danne on July 28, 2020, 09:25:18 AM
Tty convert to dng with my linked windows workflow.
I select the options I want and try to run but the dialog just blinks and doesn't do anything. Same behavior when escalated to Admin.

Edit: Playing with things more this seems to be a memory/resource issue with MLV App. I can render segments of the MLV file with no issue, just not all 80000+ frames at once. I'll keep playing around with this to figure out where the sweet spot is.

masc

I now recorded a 70GB clip (33752 frames) - the cam aborted recording there, more was not possible. I can open the file without any problem in MLVApp and process it. MLVApp needs around 700MB RAM and ffmpeg 800MB RAM. So no need at all for 8GB+ RAM. I don't think there is a difference for even bigger clips, because the clips are processed frame by frame. The used RAM is constant for the entire processing. The limit currently is at 2^64 frames... I think that is enough.
I strongly recommend to enable MAPP files in MLVApp for such big files!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ricardopt

Hi everyone!
Was trying to get some photos of the neowise comet with the EOS M and its working perfectly, if i zoom on the moon 10x and take a photo i don't get the zoomed version, is there a way/hack for this? i remember people talking here about using one of the croped video modes to take a photo and simulate the zoon effect? i tried but i might be missing something because it doesnt work.

Can anyone help?

Walter Schulz

Why not just crop it in post?

ML never had a crop mode in photo mode other than silent pic.

ricardopt

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 29, 2020, 09:18:34 PM
ML never had a crop mode in photo mode other than silent pic.

i was "talking" about the video modes, some of the modes have a zoom factor, i remember reading here or on a video on youtube that using that video mode already zoomed in together with 3x times zoom that helps focusing can create good photos but i dont see how to take a pic in video mode, i remember Danne writting about an 8bit option that when selected would enable the user to take a picture while in video mode.

Thanks for your help. 

Danne

There´s no such thing as grabbing a still out of x10 zoom. You can crop a cr2 in post and achieve the same effect.
If you want to utilize movie modes as still images you can use 5k anamorphic flv but I don´t see why unless you want around 14fps bursts or similar.

ricardopt

Hi Walter and Danne, thanks for your help, unfortunally it was a long day at work and i'm unable to get the "right english" to explain my situation, bad day...no other way to put it, if any of you has admin rights in the forum please delete my last posts to avoid further confusion to new users, will try to explain it better tomorrow after a good night sleep.

As always...thanks.

yokashin

Quote from: ricardopt on July 29, 2020, 09:15:55 PM
Hi everyone!
Was trying to get some photos of the neowise comet with the EOS M and its working perfectly, if i zoom on the moon 10x and take a photo i don't get the zoomed version, is there a way/hack for this? i remember people talking here about using one of the croped video modes to take a photo and simulate the zoon effect? i tried but i might be missing something because it doesnt work.

Can anyone help?

It all comes down to enlarging the basic image ... It will be much better to take a few or a dozen photos of a given section of the sky. In the appropriate program, the stars and the comet will overlap and noise will be removed.
https://nightskypix.com/astrophotography-stacking-software/
Or you can use Topaz A.I. Gigapixel for enlargements.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=22869.msg212747#msg212747

In 70d, when I want to zoom in on something I use digital zoom (x3-x10) in video (canon menu). Unfortunately, the final material is sometimes not suitable for anything ...
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

clubsoda

Ok so i am on the new (not the latest but the one before) sd overclock build and set the sd card hack to 192 and i get random very spontanious aborts on one of my eos m cameras (in mcm1080 with and without 3x crop max resolution with 25fps). All have the exact same build and settings installed (all cameras have the sandisk extrem pro 128gb 170mb card)
The camera setups only differ in lenses. It works perfect on every camera but not on this one. The abort happens very suddenly without the indicator indicating an abort before, so no orange or red sign it crashes while it's green and  immortal and the exposure has no influence i think) I could eliminate the problem by setting the sdcard hack to 160. Anyone had a similar experience or is there anything i can do? I will test another one of the same type of sdcard...

Danne

Test the latest build and do tests with the setup not working.

clubsoda

So i put the sd card with the failure into another camera and now it's randomly crashing there so i think it has to do with that exact sd card although it is exactly the same model as the other ones. I put a new sd card in the camera where the crashes happen the first time and set it to 192 and it works without problems. There is still an orange indicator if i shoot bright or clippead areas (and i may risk a crash if i push it too far) but that happens on every camera so it's normal and has nothing to do with the hard crash problem. Maybe this exact sd card has some sort of failure or damage. I will test further and report back if i make any new discoveries. If i find the time i will also tested the latest build... was there anything changed that has to do with this problem? :)

Danne

Sounds like the card is working different. There´s some way to to deeper formatting on cards, check the sd_uhs thread. Some mention of formatting apps. Did you try doing a low level format in cam?

clubsoda

Interesting. So i remember doing a deep format with every card in camera but i will test later today and will report back

clubsoda

Danne you are awesome! I did a deep format (in camera) with that problematic card and now the problem is gone! Maybe something was wrong, it could be that i formatted it with the canon 6d long time ago i can't remember. Running 1800x1012 14 bit raw 25fps in 3x crop or normal mcmrewire continues (most of the time green and no orange indicator until i fiddled with iso or overexposed like you would never do in reality but no crash or stop so far) with 192mhz card setting. Damn awesome :)

Danne

Nice.
Also. Should be no trace of the name mcm rewire so maybe you are using an older build?

clubsoda

Ah no i just called it like that sry using new build :)

Danne

SoFloCineFile

Hello everyone! I just purchased a refurbished EOS-M a few days ago and did my first video using Danne's new 7/29 build. Amazing work btw Danne  8)!
It was super hot here in Florida (camera reached 50 Celsius) and I just shot handheld in the 14-bit, 1736 by 976 RAW mode:

I wanted to also test Anamorphic Live View mode, but for some reason it was stuck in "framing" mode and wouldn't let me switch to live-view. I didn't want to record in framing mode because it was really tough to figure out if the focus was right or not.
Is anyone else having this issue (of not being able to switch to live-view in anamorphic mode)?

berechiah

Hey guys
No sound when recording mp4

I tried go play around with the settings but I csnt figure it out

There is no sound when recording if I disable raw video

Any clues

Danne

Mp4? You mean MOV or can it record with both formats?
If on my build select h264 from the tap screen menu. What does it say in canon menu when you check for audio settings?
If still not solved do a screen recording of what's in your menus.

2blackbar