Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francois_lune

I finally understood ;) didn't see the git after jip-hop... thanks
EOS-M   /  EOS 70D

Danne

New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- Reworked 3k mode. Now 20fps. Also able to record 2.7k 2.39:1 and 2.35:1 when enabling set_25_fps in 3k mode.
- Reworked timelapse handling around 4k mode. Check provided images below.
- Added timelapse modifier menu for 5k anamorphic flv mode.

20fps

2.7k 24fps

4k timelapse settings

5k anamorphic timelapse settings

yokashin

70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

LeandroFreitas

Danne

IDA_ML

20 fps in the 3k mode.  This is insane!  Did this become possible as a result of SD-card overclocking? 

Suggestion:
---------------
In the preset submenu, (4-th screen shot from top), please add which of the resolutions are 1:1 and which are 1:3.  There is enough space on each line for that.  In my opinion, this will avoid confusion.

Corallaro

XssUs

Hello, i have dumb question but after few tries in eosm and also few google search i cant find the answer, i have reset my custom settings and i cant find how i have setuped earlier. So my question is: how to setup false color "under" info button. I have used that at least from one month and now i cant find it :( Can you help me someone? Have a nice day everyone!

silent1

Quote from: Danne on July 16, 2020, 03:22:55 PM
New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- Reworked 3k mode. Now 20fps. Also able to record 2.7k 2.39:1 and 2.35:1 when enabling set_25_fps in 3k mode.
- Reworked timelapse handling around 4k mode. Check provided images below.
- Added timelapse modifier menu for 5k anamorphic flv mode.

Hi Danne,
I have a problem with this build. Whenever I try to set the FPS to 48, for slow-motion videos, at times the camera freezes during this very process. Furthermore, I can never set it up to 48FPS but the actual FPS stops at 45 for some reason. If I restart the camera (by taking out the battery and putting it back), somehow I manage to get to the live view, but then the live view itself is frozen, and eventually the camera will freeze again.

With the previous build (10JUL) I was able to set the camera to (exactly) 48FPS and shoot slow motion movies without problems, although with that build I could not choose any custom mode (it wouldn't let me choose any option below 'startup key' in the custom mode menu).

I'll try to revert to the previous build. Not sure if I should disinstall ML and reinstall it or if an overwrite of the ML files is sufficient.

EDIT: I kinda solved this issue. I wasn't actually using the "slow-mo" preset, but the 1080HD one and then using FPS override. If I use the preset and leave the FPS override off, I manage to get acquire some footage, although it's a bit of a hit and miss.

da_guy2

Is there any way to get a clean HDMI signal it off an eos-m? I'm hoping to use it as a higher quality webcam with an HDMI capture card, but the HDMI output always had a border and it no matter what settings I enable.
This had probably been answered but everything I see is multiple years old so I was wondering if maybe some one had figured it out by now.

ctfire

Hi everyone, is it now possible to make 16:9 48 or even 50 fps for slow motion?

Danne

amitkattal

Can anyone get usb video capture card to work on Eos M ?I tried but it doesnt work in mcm1080 mode but weirdly works in mcm1080 48fps mode

Danne

Quote from: amitkattal on July 26, 2020, 06:20:48 PM
Can anyone get usb video capture card to work on Eos M ?I tried but it doesnt work in mcm1080 mode but weirdly works in mcm1080 48fps mode
Where is the mcm1080 48fps mode? I must have missed that one.

Probgoblin

I must be missing a setting in here. How do I get my EOS-M to record MLV files in 4gb chunks rather than one large one?

I need to record an hour long interview and I am getting a 150gb file that I can't export in MLV App.

amitkattal

Quote from: Danne on July 26, 2020, 06:44:03 PM
Where is the mcm1080 48fps mode? I must have missed that one.
sorry i was talking about mv1080p 1736x976 46/48fps

masc

Quote from: Probgoblin on July 27, 2020, 05:55:02 AM
I must be missing a setting in here. How do I get my EOS-M to record MLV files in 4gb chunks rather than one large one?

I need to record an hour long interview and I am getting a 150gb file that I can't export in MLV App.
Format your card to FAT32 and you'll get chunks. For MLVApp it don't cares at all if you load chunks or one file. MLVApp works clip based, and the clip size is the same for both. There is no file size limit in MLVApp. Why can't you export? What exactly do you try?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Probgoblin

Quote from: masc on July 27, 2020, 08:35:04 AM
Why can't you export? What exactly do you try?

I don't know why it fails after a few percent of progress. I've tried exporting in Prores, Prores Proxy, and H.265. I just reformated my card in FAT32 to see if that fixes it.

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Probgoblin

The application becomes non-responsive after about 4-10%. My computer can handle 4k editing and games (sometimes at the same time), so I don't think it's a performance issue with my hardware.

masc

i look in my glass ball and guess you are using the Win64 version. Maybe try Win32 version.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: Probgoblin on July 27, 2020, 09:26:59 PM
The application becomes non-responsive after about 4-10%. My computer can handle 4k editing and games (sometimes at the same time), so I don't think it's a performance issue with my hardware.
That is too bad. Bigger files should be handled too so a little help here to try and narrow down the issue would be helpful. For instance. Did you try another converter? mlv_dump via Switch? Are you on mac by the way? If not, maybe try https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10526.msg188435#msg188435

Probgoblin

I've tried MLV App and MLVProducer (which gives an out of memory error when trying to open the file. I'll give it a shot with MLVFS if this attempt fails.

oggy96

I just bought the eos m and first thing i did was installing and trying to learn ML. So first of all a huge thanks to all developers and participants who is working on it. It gives many abilities to this tiny camera.

My question is, when i connect my camera to capture card without ML i can get the liveview screen on my computer. But when i enable ML and connect with the same capture card to computer i just have a black screen. When i half press the shutter i get a 10x cropped glitchy image. I would be glad if there is anyone who has the same problem or has some solution to it.

Edit: I fixed the situation by switching camera mode to manual photo. Now i'm able to get 'clean hdmi'. Bu there is one more problem occured in this step.

The hdmi live view is looking squashed from top and bottom and objects are looking wider than when i shot them in video mode. Is there a fix for it?

yokashin

Quote from: Probgoblin on July 27, 2020, 11:52:18 PM
I've tried MLV App and MLVProducer (which gives an out of memory error when trying to open the file. I'll give it a shot with MLVFS if this attempt fails.

I only open 70 GB files on a desktop computer with windows 10 and 16 GB of RAM. Laptop with Windows 8 and 4 GB of RAM, unfortunately, does not open them. In both cases, I have a lot of disk space.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]