Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2blackbar

keel stop whining ,  you want something - do it yourself.
Nobody promised you clean topics with index A to Z.
A lot of people dont know what rewire means either but somehow they managed to live their live in peace.
Test things, and make your conclusions what works best for you.
You was not around when people were talking about a lot of things so dont blame anyone that youre behind.

Luther

@keel, Walter has a ML Wiki project, IIRC. You could contribute there.

Walter Schulz

That's not "my" project. I'm just the main contributor and it is dormant for quite some time. And its approach is not that ambitious.

a1ex

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 16, 2020, 11:25:59 PM
That's not "my" project. I'm just the main contributor [...]

Quote of the year :)

Danne

Well, it is clear enough for most users. Add some other external forums that probably provides answers for most questions and the ball is running. Of course, if a user can't do their part putting in the time and effort reading the source post and accept the work in progress route there will be problems.
Not one of your posts has actually contributed in any clear way how you would reform things. Leave the coders locked out? Not only counterproductive but far from open source philosophy.
Stable and unstable video functions? Be my guest and test and determine what is stable and not. There are so many functions and variations but be my guest.

Anyway. Focus your energy on presenting changes and ideas that are valid and usable. Best way is to start a new post or build an alternate web page mock up with what is better than what is now. If you get that far it will be very easy to determine and include your revolutionary ideas in here. Anybody can talk but few people actually achieve a real change.

And honestly. There's not one skilled coder visibly active at the time of writing working and publishing ml related code atm(sorry if I missed anyone, @heder working on 40D, maybe more is happening out there). Mlv app is still a bit active but what then? Let me be clear. I am at best a bash scripter with some loosely learned c code basics. Not a skilled coder at all.

Also. Mercurial on bitbucket is about to be buried. Without the code foundation this whole place will be scattered in no time.

Danne

Check reply #2189. If you can't understand what it mean or says try to also follow the code on bitbucket.
You write and ask for so much but it seems all you wanted to know was about rewire mode.
Let me know when you start working on your mock up page.

siwilson

Hi - I'm a newish user of ML and have recently bought an EOS-M. I can get most of the things I need to work (sterling effort by all involved, thank you).

I cannot get focus peaking to work on my external monitor though. My eyes are crap and I really need it. Peaking works fine on the built in monitor. My monitor is the AndyCine 4K (touch screen version). It doesn't have a "camera mode" or any way to force 480p. I can sometimes see the peaking, but, it's always displaced on the screen, nowhere near where the actual focus point is. I've tried the force VGA option in ML but it doesn't seem to do anything?

Any pointers, or am I out of luck with this monitor?

Thanks in advance for any help.

/Simon

2blackbar

What a guy,
Mcm stands for movie crop mode , rewire means raw stream goes through crop mode to get better quality output.
If You really care that much theres module development section, it should be read by you long time ago but youre lazy.Just read it all, its fascinatiing and well documented.
I can tell you small secret, the more you push questioning like that , the less likely people will answer you.
Just dont do that, Its not the way , chill.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=52.0

Danne

Quote from: keel on March 22, 2020, 05:59:37 PM
Just like i said lock out coders?
Is that a question referring to what now?

EDIT: So you added more stuff to your answer...

Quote from: keel on March 22, 2020, 05:59:37 PM
This really isn't about me. As i stated numerous times. I am just wondering if I can get mod access to clean it up.
Ask a1ex or Audionut directly. Maybe you get lucky...

Danne

You don´t need mod access to assemble your changes, thoughts, suggestions, whatever. Given mod access would probably mess up all kinds of stuff since you do not know whole logic around it.
I already suggested a couple of first steps to get going in the desired direction. Doesn´t seem to have been recognized so I suspect you´re very convinced about your specific path/way of doing things.
Anyway. Best of luck to you. I think all is said at his point.
Stay out of corona ;)

Danne

Just leave them. No regrets  8). It´s better to speak ones mind than hide in the shadows.

nlantz

Quote from: Danne on March 02, 2020, 08:57:16 PM
Easy. Grab ettr module from another build and put it manually into your current ML folder on sd card. Turn on camera and enable ettr the normal way.
Ive tried this in the past, pulled a copy from the last nightly build "magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jul03.EOSM202"

when you try to copy over the modules you get an oldapi error  "wrong version" v6.0 expecting v7.0

anywhere else to grab a something that would have the ettr.mo with the correct api ?

Danne

You could probably get it from one of the experimental builds.

nlantz

Quote from: Danne on March 23, 2020, 06:51:04 AM
You could probably get it from one of the experimental builds.

That did the trick. Thank you sir

keel

Quote from: Danne on March 22, 2020, 09:11:45 PM
Just leave them. No regrets  8). It´s better to speak ones mind than hide in the shadows.

The irony of an inability to simply delete repeat questions.

keel

Quote from: 2blackbar on March 22, 2020, 02:44:38 PM
What a guy,
Mcm stands for movie crop mode , rewire means raw stream goes through crop mode to get better quality output.
If You really care that much theres module development section, it should be read by you long time ago but youre lazy.Just read it all, its fascinatiing and well documented.
I can tell you small secret, the more you push questioning like that , the less likely people will answer you.
Just dont do that, Its not the way , chill.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=52.0

I was using an example, about 5k vs 5k rewire, for a non-English speaker.

Thanks for the info,
any idea why the isn't posted on the download page?

Seems relevant.

Imagine telling someone who doesn't understand perfect english all these lazy remarks. wow.

You're a gem

Danne

Mandatory to read from the download post and onwards if you want the full story. Not one post solution for all functions, workflows, reasons, explanations. As a matter of fact. The download area explains very well what to be done to start filming. Tap screen, select preset and start filming. If you want more just read the work in progress.
After that you can come back with refinements and suggestions.
Endless loop...

Daniel_hungary

Hello there!

I wonder if you could help me? (who else could)

But before that a BIG THANK YOU for all your work around this hack! I just love it!

On the other hand, many times it can drive me nuts because of a problem, and I know it had been discussed before, but that means no solution for me. So every time I go for the dual Iso setting which was -for me at least- the point of which I installed the software for. However I could not use it since. Whenever I turn it on my footages are flickery. Sometimes like a strobe, or sometimes just a slight change in exposure at some point in my recording. I do not know how to solve it! Am I missing some menu adjustment? Usually I followed Zeeks tutorials, but as of now I got used to the menu.

Currently I run Nightly.2019Nov16.EOSM202

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pysEP3LTOQ  /link as this is the problem

Please help me somehow I wish I could use dual ISO!

Thanx in advance

Daniel

Walter Schulz