Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2blackbar

yes i played around with moving framing in all modes, but in uncropped one its working in 16:9 but errors on 3:2 full sensorwhichc is kinda expected.
I have just one c lens and other for krasnogorsk which is crap,im  hunting to get 12-100mm with decent light like f2 at least.There are some but i need brand new

roogii

Well if I set canon menu to 25fps and match ML set 25fps no glitch. If I set 24 in canon and set 25 glitch.

I'm not going to ask what set 25fps does I reckon.
Great work all involved but you need someone summarising functionality because 75% of this thread is people asking apparently stupid questions that dont get answered.

Cool blackbar,  I'm going to give it some work.
Most c lens are pretty bad, look for newer ones for 2/3 or 1Inch with high megapixel resolutions. I have a 10mp 5mm kowa which is good.

ArchGalileu

Quote from: Danne on February 24, 2020, 08:03:41 AM
Not really. Turned them on? I have zebras turned off upon first install of magic lantern.

True, i have it on but, mabe off course, only on "5k anamorphic flv", can't have it, or don't know how when on "framing"

Some "pink" frames on "5K anamorphic flv", i notice that without histogram, only zebras, and waiting a bit on start record for stabilize i get clean footage.

Best regards
ArchGalileu

Danne

Quote from: roogii on February 26, 2020, 09:11:11 PM
I'm not going to ask what set 25fps does I reckon.
Great work all involved but you need someone summarising functionality because 75% of this thread is people asking apparently stupid questions that dont get answered.
People ask the same questions even if the post before them tells the answer. What everybody could do is read from the download post and go through the posts. Include some personal tests and try to find out how to work around or with functions. Takes longer but better for the community.

ZEEK

If Zebras aren't appearing even when enabled, ensure global draw is set "on all modes" and not live view.  ::)
If that still doesn't work, then...
EOS M

keel

Hey @ZEEK ...

rewire 5k vs 5k ?

Differences?

roogii

Danne I did read through the whole 5d2/3 and M thread in one go, was a bit painful. I still wasn't quite sure which is why I asked. Am doing my own testing but knowing some theory can help with practice.

Danne

Read from here. Most is covered at some point:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959
Also good to look at commits from the branch worked upon.

anan-banan

Hi friends! Please tell me somebody, what can i do to record in 46/48 fps without this pink (purple) stripes and other deformations. Thank you!

nlantz

Quote from: Danne on January 11, 2020, 08:12:53 PM
I mostly loook at the files and build from there. I'm a lousy "histogrammer"  :P.
I'm sure a little ettr on my my image would have helped even more. I plan on including the ettr module in eosm build when I get some time to use it...
I for one really miss ettr when it was in the earlier builds

Danne

Easy. Grab ettr module from another build and put it manually into your current ML folder on sd card. Turn on camera and enable ettr the normal way.

PBTV

Just wondering, what's the best settings for cinematic 1080p output with the least aliasing and nicest colours?

m300

Danne, no doubt you've seen the notifications from Atlassian about mercurial support being discontinued on bitbucket; do you have any plans to migrate?

Danne

Not really. Not yet. Lack of time nowadays mostly.

Danne

Please go ahead. I,ll add it when you are done. Others could join in. I suggest you start out a new topic and start realizing exactly what you want. I have no time at all personally atm.
This is an open source community. Everybody needs to help out.
Good luck.

Danne

Just write a readable list of all you want to know. I bet there's a hundred people in here that knows 99 percent of the answers.

Danne

There are no more new builds coming up and only very minor changes will happen if at all. As a matter of fact. It would be a good contribution if you would sum it all up from a beginners point of view. Many users have been following from the start but not everyone.

Don't expect others to work for you. Why should they.

Danne

This is an open source project. There could be initiatives and "cleaned up" posts if a commited, devoted person would take the time to do the outlining and work realizing these things. If it is important and interesting enough, that is. Most users settle for less it seems.
I still think if you want change, just start by changing it yourself. Or pay someone to do it for you. Could work as well. Moaning, not so effective.

gravitatemediagroup

there is a facebook page (MLV RAW ON EOS M) that's intention was to help with troubleshooting minor issues instead of clogging up the board.  no need for all the drama here.