Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dokipen

Which is mostly fine apart from not being able to dial in the perfect 1/50 shutter with fine tuning in the 8 bit preset mode.

I've got an older build from july last year which allows me to do 25fps, 1/50 shutter and 3.0x bitrate. I'll just stick that on another card like zeek said. Was hoping to keep it all on one card but it's a small price to pay for the amazing stuff you guys have been doing.

Thanks
Dan

Danne

Just turn shutter range to OFF and you get a perfect 1/50 shutter.

I will upload a build which starts out with shutter range to default OFF. Shutter behaviour will work standardized.
Edit: done.

Danne

New build:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- Added back Bit Rate and HDR functions. Stashed under Shoot tab(Movie tab is too crowded already)
- shutter Range default set to OFF(affects shutter speeds)

dokipen

as always, amazing danne.

thank you so much.

yokashin

70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

ngemu

I am trying to obtain this field of view / resolution (yellow box) by setting the ratio to 'off' and lowering the resolution until I get around 1104x2484. However, I cant get past 12 FPS despite ML saying continuous recording is ok. Both resolutions are similar in pixel count but im having trouble understanding why the yellow box is unobtainable. This is in 5k mode. Can someone please explain, thank you!

kramchive

Hi everyone. I have a problem using canon eosm and magic lantern latest BUILD "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2019Dec08.EOSM202"
I am using lexar 128gb 1667x sdxc memory cards.
When i am trying to shoot raw videos 2.5k or even 1920*1080 camera doesn't record a video it stops every time at the beginning because of the high bitrate > card seems to be isnt able to record a bitrate higher than 16 m/s. But after a several attempts to shoot at the speed 16-20 m/s card starts to record a higher bitrate about 45-50m/s but never at the beginning. Does anybody has this issue with eosm and lexar or other cards? Thanks for answers!

ilia3101

yokashin

Quote from: kramchive on January 22, 2020, 03:53:38 PM
Hi everyone. I have a problem using canon eosm and magic lantern latest BUILD "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2019Dec08.EOSM202"
I am using lexar 128gb 1667x sdxc memory cards.
When i am trying to shoot raw videos 2.5k or even 1920*1080 camera doesn't record a video it stops every time at the beginning because of the high bitrate > card seems to be isnt able to record a bitrate higher than 16 m/s. But after a several attempts to shoot at the speed 16-20 m/s card starts to record a higher bitrate about 45-50m/s but never at the beginning. Does anybody has this issue with eosm and lexar or other cards? Thanks for answers!

The card may not be original ... Sometimes it can be warmed up by formatting it. Sometimes my first movie is recorded with limited transfer and recording ends sooner. The next films are already ok.

Anaconda_

Quote from: ngemu on January 21, 2020, 06:35:35 AM
I am trying to obtain this field of view / resolution (yellow box) by setting the ratio to 'off' and lowering the resolution until I get around 1104x2484. However, I cant get past 12 FPS despite ML saying continuous recording is ok. Both resolutions are similar in pixel count but im having trouble understanding why the yellow box is unobtainable. This is in 5k mode. Can someone please explain, thank you!

I would really like this too - Can you get any other 4x3 resolutions to work?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kramchive on January 22, 2020, 03:53:38 PM
Does anybody has this issue with eosm and lexar or other cards? Thanks for answers!

There are not that much solid informations and/or serious reviews about this card available on the net (and definitely not here). My most trusted source is www.cameramemoryspeed.com for this matter. They run cards in various cardreaders and in some cams.
Your card is an UHS-II card running in UHS-I compatibility mode when inserted in EOS M. There were issues with early UHS-II cards in compatibility mode (slow speed) but this should be history (only guessing, of course).
And there was a single card type once giving good results with cardreaders and most cams but had serious speed issues with some Canon cams only.

If you have a decent cardreader without UHS-II interface (Kingston FCR-HS3 for example) you may have some benchmark runs with CrystalDiskMark (Windows) or Blackmagic Disk Speed Test (macOS).
And run benchmark in cam
1. Modules tab. Activate bench.mo
2. Restart cam
3. Access Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> Card Benchmarks -> Quick R/W benchmark (1 min)

Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s is considered to be "gold standard" by ML users. Never heard any complaints (apart from faked cards). Newer 170 MB/s variety seems to be a safe card, too.

optical-work

I get identical results using lexar professional 150 MB/s UHS II and sandisk extreme pro 95 MB/s.

ngemu

Quote from: Anaconda_ on January 22, 2020, 09:52:51 PM
I would really like this too - Can you get any other 4x3 resolutions to work?

Mcm rewire is one solution but the downside is aliasing.

If you perfer 5k mode (as i do) you can select any crop mode and lower the resolution until you get 4:3 (as shown in the white box). Downside is lower quality from the crop and a 50mm lens will behave more like 100mm.

marcelo.lippi

almost completely shot with the eos m, 4.5k 2.35 aspect, thanks Danne and the other friends
https://youtu.be/7QG5gvtM8pA

whitelight

Quote from: marcelo.lippi on January 29, 2020, 03:33:43 AM
almost completely shot with the eos m, 4.5k 2.35 aspect, thanks Danne and the other friends
https://youtu.be/7QG5gvtM8pA
Looks like your video is not available
EDIT Sorry, now I can see it

rjakiel73

Hello folks.  I am new to Magic Lantern on the EOS M and was wondering if someone has had this issue?  I verified I was running Canon Firmware 2.0.2 prior to running the ML install.  I downloaded the latest ML from Danne's downloads and followed the instructions and everything went perfectly.  Issue I am having is that the ONLY video mode that works is the 1080 rewire.  Every other mode just displays garbage and when I do a test recording it records EXACTLY the same garbage lines I see in the live view.  Any help would be appreciated.

ilia3101

QuoteEvery other mode just displays garbage and when I do a test recording it records EXACTLY the same garbage lines I see in the live view.

How about you try opening the file? mlv.app

To get workign display, keep pressing disp button until it shows up.

yokashin

Quote from: rjakiel73 on February 04, 2020, 01:50:42 AM
Hello folks.  I am new to Magic Lantern on the EOS M and was wondering if someone has had this issue?  I verified I was running Canon Firmware 2.0.2 prior to running the ML install.  I downloaded the latest ML from Danne's downloads and followed the instructions and everything went perfectly.  Issue I am having is that the ONLY video mode that works is the 1080 rewire.  Every other mode just displays garbage and when I do a test recording it records EXACTLY the same garbage lines I see in the live view.  Any help would be appreciated.

Try changing the aspect ratio. I had diagonal lines instead of video material. I also did a default reset, uninstalled and reinstalled ML.

rjakiel73

So far I have tried every aspect ratio there is with no luck. I have also went through 3 reinstalls using different SD cards for all, SanDisk Pro Extreme 170mb/s, as well as multiple lenses to see if that was an issue. Going down the route of trying to refresh using the display button I have with no results other than the pattern of lines changing.  When viewing the video in MLVapp it looks just like the display no actual image.

EDIT:  How do I post a picture so you can see the screen on my camera?

yokashin

rjakiel73

Fixed my problem.  Set it to manual in video settings but didn't realize that the auto focus was still on.  Set that to manual and no more issue.  Wooohoo!

engis

engis

So this  magiclantern-Nightly.2019Jul26.EOSM2103_new-settings.zip  will work on 2.0.3 ?

sbedden

After installing the latest build, installing and restarting it shows 'HD 1080p' and not 'mv1080p rewire' along the bottom. (followed Zeeks instructions on above video, asked him and he pointed me here) Any ideas as to what I've done?