Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricardopt

i used the last one, will try the rewired one, thanks.

turnlemons2lemonade

Quote from: ricardopt on October 12, 2019, 08:53:05 PM
Were the histogram and focus peaking from the magic lantern or the inbuilt monitor functions? Did you try with 12 or 10 bit?
Thanks for the tests.

From the display menu. Yes I did, same results. 14/12/10 doesnt affect too much. I still get dropped frames using a external monitor most of the times.

lightspeed

Why was the 11 - 8 bit removed? Its nice to have the option.

ricardopt

Quote from: lightspeed on October 13, 2019, 10:16:31 AM
Why was the 11 - 8 bit removed? Its nice to have the option.

Were you powering the eos-m with the monitor using a dummy eos-m battery?

lightspeed

just nice to have if you push the resolution a bit. I can usually get like 2.7k

turnlemons2lemonade

Hey guys, just wanted to point out that the last video Zeek did on FPS Override fixed the dropped pink frames.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HPOKoVhPNA&t=55s

Settings:
FPS Override: 24 FPS
Optimize for: Exact FPS
Shutter fine tune -1,26ms

BOOM, perfect 180 degree shutter, no pink frames. NOW LET'S SHOOT some cinematic 14bit RAW goodness with this beast.

ZEEK

Ah man...... :o
Yes, fps override does work in holding the frames per second (fps) in place and it works perfectly on my Feelworld 4K Monitor and Eyeyoyo with no pink frames (they used to be unusable on the m. However, my Fotga produces a little bit, although much, much better than it used to be.

*For some reason the fps in the Canon Menu is adjusted to 25p strictly even upon setting it to 24p. It always reverts to 25p (not sure of the reason behind that. ::))

@turnlemons2lemonade have you tested the settings to see if they work for you? (your monitor, no corrupted frames?)
- make sure your camera also has sufficient battery life too and sd card space :)
EOS M

turnlemons2lemonade

@Zeek yup, just did 4 1 minute long clips right now testing it out and no pinky frames. We're all good to go! Just bought another EOS M.

Pacerx999

Interestingly, I've had no issues with an external monitor on the EOS M.

But I'm set to 25p in the Canon menu
And MCM review set to 14 bit, 25fps, 1/50 (for 180 shutter)

But without having to do any FPS override (as my experience has been the FPS override sometimes causes odd issues).

SO potentially, it is about the shutter being EXACTLY 180, that means there is a lack of pink frames with using external HDMI.

More testing, but it seems like a reasonable hypothesis.

ZEEK

Quote from: Pacerx999 on October 18, 2019, 12:30:59 PM
Interestingly, I've had no issues with an external monitor on the EOS M.

But I'm set to 25p in the Canon menu
And MCM review set to 14 bit, 25fps, 1/50 (for 180 shutter)

Does your monitor work with 5k Anamorphic Rewired or 2.5k Mode even with the 180 Degree rule? It would be good to know if it works as those modes are filled with pink frames when used with any monitor. MCM Rewire 1080 is all good with the 180 Degree Rule using Fine-Tuning. Cheers!
EOS M

lightspeed

Would it be possible to upgrade or increase the size of the image buffer memory? would this allow 3k shooting?

AF-OFF

Used this build for 2 days without problems, but no extensive testing
After starting the cam with the Oct 17 build today, it crashed.
There was a note to report the crash to ML- devs. Then Error 70 was presented and cam shut down
here are the logs and my settings folder
https://we.tl/t-IRY4rMOaYb
(link active until the Oct 27th)

@Zeek
You are on the PAL setting. I'm on NTSC @ 24fps setting, but this got changed after reboot to 30fps
ML is then reporting 23,xxx fps

Thanks to all Devs for their great work

Danne

Thanks for logs. There is some start up log which seems pretty interesting. I can't understand what to look for or if it's important but maybe a1ex will have a look. Hopefully.

2blackbar

Ive got crashes during startup as well, recent version and error 70 , and i figured out when it happens , its ISO climb feature thats causing this , i tested it right now, so:
-  i have fps override on
- lv digic peaking sharpening on
- histogram on
pretty much thats it, mcm rewire 16:9, 12 bits , shutter 41, white balance 4800,magenta 3+.
But the issue is within ISO climb feature, why? Set it to 200, record then stop, then go to ISO 100 with trash button, record, stop and turn camera off then on...
Voilla - error and crash.
It was suspicious that it happened mostly when i used iso climb to go down.Im surprised no one picked up on that yet.
- Now i tested with just histogram on (without fps override and digic lv peaking) got error again when iso climbing and powering on again.
- tested without histogram, still happened, maybe not everytime but it happens after iso climbing.

yokashin

Once I had a 70 error. The same configuration inspired by ZEEK. I switched from ISO 800 to ISO 400. The error was only once after the reboot. I record the rest of the material for ISO 400 and maybe that is why the error did not return. A concert was recorded. 20-second fragments with camera off.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

Danne

New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- Changed iso updating on restart. Trying to fix occasional crashes

@2blackbar, @yokashin, please test and try to crash this version.

2blackbar

I tested it , recorded over 20 times climbing iso up/down and had 0 errors/crashes when restarting, so it looks like You fixed it for good ! Thats great !  :D
Ah and i used this link if someone wants to test it:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2019Oct22.EOSM202.zip

Danne

That's good news. Updated my broken link.

marodru

Hello

First of all - as a new user I'd like to really thank everybody here and especially maintainers and veterans for their tremendous efforts! This is so incredible...

I have just updated for the latest version and can also help testing stuff - I have EOS M 2.0.2 and Feelworld F6 PLUS external monitor, which does work with 1080i and different 170 and 95 speed SunDisk Extreme PRO SD Cards.
I'll test pink frames with monitor and FPS override more today and will report if they are gone as well as others say...

Stuff that clearly does not work is focus peaking (on external monitor).

I'm IT person and can do custom tests and do advanced stuff so if my input could be useful - I'd be glad for that. Going to buy a second EOS M this week )))

Thanks again!!!!

Vulisha

Hi guys, I saw we can't use EOS M using EOS Remote because Canon disabled it :(

But is there a way to use Intervalometer, and connect EOS M to PC and just scrap content from SD card? When I connect cam to PC it goes to pPC share mode by default and shutter is disabled.  Could something like that be done with ML firmware?

Also what is best branch on bitbucket to fork from form EOS M?

Wushuliu

Is it possible to record audio on any of the raw settings? I know the more demanding presets like Ana etc. you can't, but is it possible mv1080 or 2.5k? I ask because I rarely see sound brought up in recent builds and the videos people post are silent.

turnlemons2lemonade

Yes it is, use MCM Rewire 14bit and you have sound.

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: Wushuliu on October 24, 2019, 01:13:04 AM
Is it possible to record audio on any of the raw settings? I know the more demanding presets like Ana etc. you can't, but is it possible mv1080 or 2.5k? I ask because I rarely see sound brought up in recent builds and the videos people post are silent.

I personally find the audio SUPERB, even just the on board mic. here is an older build test that has a lot of good raw audio, what blew me away was all the nature sounds I was capturing while not even thinking twice about it while out shooting. If I ever needed some nature sound fx, I would be comfortable with the M getting the job done. lol

Wushuliu

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on October 24, 2019, 05:04:25 AM
I personally find the audio SUPERB, even just the on board mic. here is an older build test that has a lot of good raw audio, what blew me away was all the nature sounds I was capturing while not even thinking twice about it while out shooting. If I ever needed some nature sound fx, I would be comfortable with the M getting the job done. lol

Great vid, thanks. I can sympathize with Donnie sometimes trying to catch up with all the ML info ; )

thanks guys

w

ilia3101

I always hear about these 4.5k 3x anaamoprphic modes - but it seems like they are a little bit cropped, as the sensor has 5184 width resolution.

Would it be it possible to get a 5.2K or 5.1K anamorphic mode? I understand this would require some vertical crop, could it be done and still have a decent aspect ratio? @Danne

Or maybe something inbetween...

Also is is possible to move the anamorphic frame around the sensor?